• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

lotting planes and stuff

Started by muxcomee, April 30, 2010, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muxcomee

heyy. your work is so lovely and i want all of your planes in my airport but i can't. i know i have to lot them and i have with the 757 but it LE won't let me save as. the button is grayed out. if i cant save as how can i save it so that it will appear in a sc4 menu in the game. without overwriting the 747 gate b unoccupied (the lot im using to lot the 757) also the 787 doesn' appear in my lot editor  prop menu? thx for reading and replying. your work is great. done.

ShadeSlayer

Unfortunately, you can't re-save the Airport lots, you can only overwrite them. What you are going to want to do is the following:

1. Open Lot Editor and in the top, type "pz1x1_grass";

2. Click and open the "PZ1x1_Grass";

3. Change the lot size to correspond with the size of the plane you are making (I suggest you start with 6x6, put the plane on the lot, and then reduce as necessary;

4. Add a base texture
a) To use one on an AC Team lot, open another lot editor screen with all of the textures you would like to use;
b) Click on "base texture" and hover over the base texture you would like to use;
c) Look for the "hex code" (0x00000000, any arrangement of letters and numbers) in the bottom right;
d) Remember or write down that code; and
e) In the lot you are creating, search for that same code in the base texture list (the list is arranged in alphabetical order. The order for HEX is 0123456789ABCDEF).

5. Add overlay textures
a) For specific ones, follow the above a), b), c), d), e) steps and substitute "base" for "overlay"

6. Add any miscellaneous props you would like; and

7. Save the lot. Choose a name. The lot will appear in the Parks menu of Sim City 4.

Alternatively, you may use PIM-X. It can be a bit of a learning curve to get used to, but it's useful nonetheless. Also, PIM-X is required to make lots to be uploaded to the LEX, so it is suggested you use it. Here is the download link for PIM-X, this is a required download to run it,  and here is the download link for the PIM-X manual.

If you are having further troubles with PIM-X, then visit the support thread by clicking here.

Have fun, and if you are having further troubles, then I would be happy to help.

muxcomee

Damiangjy

Hey Shade or anyone experienced in modding, I've recently experimented with the Lot Editor to make some custom lots for my airport, but I am not very clear of it's usage...

Could you offer me some advice?

I've been saving my custom lots as 'test' but everytime I try to reload it from the lot editor, it doesn't seem to exist. I've also used your method to identify the textures from the ready made lots, but I noticed that some of the textures used were flipped instead of merely rotated. Is there a way to flip the textures? Also, is it possible to overlay a texture on another overlay texture? So I would have something like base, overlay, overlay to form a 3 layer piece. If this is not possible, is there a way where I can edit the texture pieces so I can apply the transformations I want? Thanks! :D

ShadeSlayer

A couple of notes on Lot Editor:

You must close and re-open Lot Editor whenever you create a new lot, as Lot Editor loads the content when it first opens (and not as you run it later). So, if you make a lot and then go make another, you will need to restart Lot Editor to be able to open the first lot again.

For "flipping" textures, you can just use the mirror function. All you need to do is select the texture from the texture menu and press "M" on your keyboard.

Using multiple overlay textures in Lot Editor is a little more difficult (easy to do but difficult to get right), so here's a mini-tutorial:

1. Select your main overlay texture and place it on the lot;
2. Select your secondary overlay texture and hover over the location you want to place it;
3. Press and hold the "D" key on your keyboard and click. After clicking, you may release the "D"; and
4. You will now see both textures on the location; however, one may seem a lot thicker than it should be. To solve this problem, simply click on the location a couple of times until it thins out.

That pretty much covers it. You might have to do steps 3 and 4 a couple of times, because one too many clicks will make the extra textures disappear.

nekseb

Good Morning ShadeSlayer,
I'm really surprised about the "double" overlay texture in LE  ()testing() by press "D". I didn't know till now - Thanks for the Tip. :thumbsup:
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Damiangjy

Badsim

Quote from: Damiangjy on January 10, 2011, 10:44:16 AM
... I noticed that some of the textures used were flipped instead of merely rotated. Is there a way to flip the textures?

To mirror a Base Texture or an overlay , select it and press "M" ...

Always useful to repeat the basics . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

chanmartgit

thank

Please don't bump old threads. - Robin ;)