• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal connecting

Started by deanva, July 20, 2020, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

How are we suppose to connect a canal system to the maxis water like a river or seaside of a city? I tried using sim goober's brick canal lock pieces but when I place the bottom piece next to any maxis water it turns red with can not place on water. Any online tutorial does not show how to do this any help for me ? Thanks.

Tyberius06

You simply don't use the bottom piece. The upper piece can represent the transition without the bottom piece.
These are complex megalots where I placed the canal piece onto a lot, but the theory is the same with the single canal lock lots...

This one based on this type of lock and canal: PEG PPond Locks

I hope it helps!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

deanva

What are you using for the water at the edge of the region to make it look deep? The third photo down.

Tyberius06

Quote from: deanva on July 20, 2020, 07:57:16 PM
What are you using for the water at the edge of the region to make it look deep? The third photo down.

I don't know how you mean. The region is a modified version of what I've downloaded from either STEX or LEX. General ingame terraforming tools what I've used, I guess, with the God Terraforming in Mayor Mode.

The water mod is from Gobias.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.