• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My Avatar

Started by mrbisonm, May 01, 2012, 09:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

First of all, I couldn't find another place in the forum to ask this question (site support/help etc)

Now, my avatar has disappeared for no reason some months ago, I didn't have the time nor interest to fix this before, but tonight I went through my Forum board and couldn't find where to upload my personal avatar. The only option I have is :

- no avatar
- actors
- musicians

hm......could someone please tell me where to look for this ?

Thanks

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jafmo

Dear Fred

Now only the subscribers can have a avatar. When you change your profile you became unable to upload your old avatar again. It was the same with me.

Hope i helped you.

mave94

Really? I'm not a subscriber, but I can change my avatar.

-Matthijs

noahclem

If you are part of an SC4D-recognized team (ie NAM, BeNeLux) you can continue to use a custom avatar even if you're not a subscriber.

mrbisonm

well........disappointing.

Is there a specific reason for this?

Fred

art128

If by for this you mean why to get an avatar you have to have a subscription, it's - I guess - because avatars, even being a small picture is something that weight a lot in the site bandwidth.. One avatar per user, assuming there is maybe a hundred user who would like to have an avatar, it makes a lot. :P

if it was for what Noah said, I have no idea at all..
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Are you sure you can not upload an avatar? 
Do you see this line.....
"Specify avatar by URL"

This was done to intice members to get a subscription.  But if you already had an avatar than you were able to keep it.
Call me Robin, please.

mrbisonm

Yap, I had an avatar before, always had. And now the option to have one is not there anymore, and I didn't come yesterday onto this site as you can see by my entry date. So.....???? What am I missing besides not being a "payable member"?
How much do I have to pay.....and where.....to get my avatar back?

Fred

art128

In your profile, go to " actions " and " paid subscription "  you'll see each options there. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog