• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Features and Extras

Started by Colyn, February 08, 2007, 03:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

The LEX has undergone some cosmetic surgery today ... the main page changed a bit and you can now see some stats under the LEX info. We also changed the one icon in the download history ... Green now means you are OK ...  ;D

We also fixed the problem with STRIP images in the UPLOADS.

Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

moganite

Cool

just a quick question I cant seem to find the upload Button. Where is it?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Colyn

I am sure you can see it now ... ;)
Come see CSX Play

Colyn

Ok the LEX went through some changes in the past two days ... some is visible and some is not ..

Biggest news today is that the LEX took another step in making your Custom Lot Management a bit easier ...

We have employed a new secretary ...

When you browse the Listview of the lots you will get an option to Add the file to your Download List ... she will add it for you and you can check your Download List anytime to see what you still have to take ...

We implemented this specifically for those of you that browse the LEX from the office but wants to Download the stuff when you are at home ... now you can manage that properly ...

Thank you for your support and please consider using our PayPal button ... that will help us make more things happen and pay the Secretary for her services to the LEX ...  $%Grinno$%
Come see CSX Play

Colyn

I have forgotten ... if you click LATEST in the LEX you will see under the Catalog view Header Title a link that says "List view" ... that is how you can get the list view.
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

So, could you tell the secretary to bring me a cup of coffe ?... &Thk/( .... wiht that Tshirt and riding the BMW  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

Ok ... I will ask her ... I am sure she will be happy to do it.  :thumbsup:
Come see CSX Play

callagrafx

I'd prefer if she left the T-shirt off, myself  :D :D :D :D 

Colyn, can you start feeding me these templates so I can integrate them a bit more with the site design...I needed a St Bernhard to find the list view link  :D :D :D....see my post at the BSC homestead.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Diggis

Do you think I could get her number?

Colyn

So much chirping about the girl and nothing about the nice features ... you guys are spoiled ...  ::)
Come see CSX Play

praiodan

Quote from: Colyn on February 13, 2007, 02:39:08 AM
So much chirping about the girl and nothing about the nice features ... you guys are spoiled ...  ::)

LOL Colyn, did you really expect something else?  :D

I - for myself - wouldn't know what to do with her appart from telling her to bring me some coffee, at most some smalltalk   $%Grinno$%  :P

callagrafx

Quote from: Colyn on February 13, 2007, 02:39:08 AM

Hey, you're the one that took around 10,000 photos of her, so who's the one who's spoiled?  :D :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

M4346

Quote from: praiodan on February 13, 2007, 02:52:10 AM
I - for myself - wouldn't know what to do with her appart from telling her to bring me some coffee, at most some smalltalk   $%Grinno$%  :P

I am going to have to agree with Praiodan on that one. :P Thanks, nonetheless, for great features that I've already utilised!  :thumbsup:

I love this site and the LEX!  &apls &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jplumbley

Nice pic!! Thats for sure... is she your sister?

Anyways.... That will be a very useful tool Colyn and thanks for the GREAT work you have done.  I was wondering, maybe it would be useful if you made a spreadsheet looking thing where uploaders will input the actual stats of the lots they are uploading.  Like Occupancy Satisfied, Occupancy Type, Pollutions etc.  It will make the lots look a bit more professional I think.  And it will give users a good understanding of what they are downloading (if they read it... I know I would).
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

callagrafx

Hi JP, if you use SC4Tool's readme generator, the following stats are added to the readme....

Growable:
Lot size:
Building style(s):
Growth stage:
Occupants:
Bulldoze cost:
Worth:
Construction Time:
Max. Fire Stage:
Power consumption
Water consumption
Air pollution
Water pollution:

Ploppable:
Lot size:
Menu position:
Jobs:
Plop cost:
Bulldoze cost:
Monthly cost:
Park effect:
Landmark effect:
Max. Fire Stage:
Power consumption:
Water consumption:
Air pollution:
Water pollution:
Garbage pollution:

So all the user has to do is copy/paste into the description...job done without cluttering up the database with new fields/tables.

Doc

I was just getting ready to post and say I thought she had some VERY nice features!

The new stuff on the site is cool too! Thanx.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

praiodan

Quote from: Doc on February 13, 2007, 11:28:26 AM
I was just getting ready to post and say I thought she had some VERY nice features!

Who? LEX or the new secretary ??? ()what()

j/k :D

Colyn

Ok let me put some of you out of your misery  ;D ... apart from the LEX ... she has a day job ....  :thumbsup:

Photographer - Colyn Serfontein
Graphics - Lee Callaghan
Client - Tripwired Clothing
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

Come see CSX Play