• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FIFA World Cup - Rnd of 16 : Selections for games 1 - 4

Started by tooheys, June 22, 2010, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will make the final from these 4 matches?

Uruguay
1 (3.8%)
Korea
0 (0%)
USA
2 (7.7%)
Ghana
0 (0%)
Argentina
12 (46.2%)
Mexico
0 (0%)
Germany
9 (34.6%)
England
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: June 25, 2010, 07:54:12 PM

xxdita

QuoteWIN Option 1: Select the winner. Result can occur in normal time, extra time or penalty shootout.
Correct result = 1 Point

WIN Option 2: Select the winner. Result must occur in extra time or penalty shootout.
Correct result = 2 Points

WIN Option 3: Select the winner. Result must occur by penalty shootout only.
Correct result = 3 Points

I dunno what any of that even means.  :P

Uruguay V Korea  -  Uraguay 1
USA V Ghana  - USA 1
Argentina V Mexico  - Argentina 1
Germany V England  - England 1

Diggis

Quote from: TmiguelT on June 24, 2010, 03:17:07 PM
This is way to confusing... why don't we just go to the regular scoring system?  &mmm

We had to do it differently as there HAS to be a result in every game from here on out.  This gives some fun options for bonus points.  We had some discussions about how to do the results from this and decided this was the most interesting way.

smileymk

This is the part where my predictions go pear-shaped, as I anticipate different teams making the last 16 to those that do, but I might get some of these right now, so here goes...

Uruguay V Korea - Uruguay Option 2
USA V Ghana - USA Option 1
Argentina V Mexico - Argentina Option 2
Germany V England - Germany Option 3 (as usual)

First 2 were impossible to call...

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

geoffhaw

Quote from: Diggis on June 24, 2010, 11:57:57 PM
We had to do it differently as there HAS to be a result in every game from here on out.  This gives some fun options for bonus points.  We had some discussions about how to do the results from this and decided this was the most interesting way.

I must say that I think this scoring system is too specific.  Surely just picking the team to go forward is fairer?  I think I'm the only player who has picked Mexico to beat Argentina.  Say they do, but not in the time period I picked.  That means that I get 0 points, even though I got the winner right, along with everybody else who were actually completely wrong.  Another way of looking at it is in the case of someone getting all of the winning teams right, but all in the wrong timeframe.  Again, 0 points for a brilliant effort.

If you don't like that idea, just do as the bookies do.  Extra time doesn't count.  Scores level at the end of 90 minutes is a draw, regardless of who eventually goes forward.

ecoba

Uruguay v Korea-  Uruguay option 1
USA v Ghana- USA option 1
Argentina v Mexico- Argentina option 2
Germany v England- England option 2

Thanks for the clarification, Dave. :)

tooheys

Quote from: geoffhaw on June 25, 2010, 11:24:04 AM
I must say that I think this scoring system is too specific.  Surely just picking the team to go forward is fairer?  I think I'm the only player who has picked Mexico to beat Argentina.  Say they do, but not in the time period I picked.  That means that I get 0 points, even though I got the winner right, along with everybody else who were actually completely wrong.  Another way of looking at it is in the case of someone getting all of the winning teams right, but all in the wrong timeframe.  Again, 0 points for a brilliant effort.

If you don't like that idea, just do as the bookies do.  Extra time doesn't count.  Scores level at the end of 90 minutes is a draw, regardless of who eventually goes forward.

Hi Geoff

You have selected option one for Mexico to win against Argentina. In that case no matter how they win, normal time, extra time or shootout, you will still get 1 point  :) It is up to you whether you want to be more specific and try for some bonus points. :-\