• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper

Started by wouanagaine, December 15, 2006, 12:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamJam

Quote from: wouanagaine on February 20, 2008, 12:35:50 AM
arrg :( :( :(
Does your user account name start with a 'N' ?
Wow, I didn't think this topic would ever come up again... hurray!!! No wait, the other one... NUTS.
I had the same "ignoring" trouble after loading it, but that was late last year. I was trying my damndest to work with a map that I fell in love with and honestly, when I couldn't use Mapper to give me what I wanted I just stopped playing. I had no interest in it if I had to use another region!
Well fast-forward to now, and I've gotten myself a new system. 2 days ago, actually. And since it's fresh, I decided to give Mapper another shot in the hopes that there may have simply been another file or program somewhere in my old system that was conflicting with it. So I installed SC4/RH and Mapper, but still nothing. I can post my log as well if anyone would think it would help, just say the word. It's a shame that it doesn't work for some of us, and for apparently no particular reason.
Thanks for any help.

Boycey08

ive downloaded the mapper, i double click it to run nd i get the splash screen and then nothing....

i check the task manager and its running in the background, but i cant see it... any help please?

wouanagaine

try delete the config.ini

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Boycey08

from where? im not gonna go blindly deleting stuff

wouanagaine

from the SC4Mapper folder

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Boycey08

theres no config file in the sc4 mapper folder

files:
amarco
basicColors
City - Large.sc4
City - Medium.sc4
City - Small.sc4
img0005
img0011
img0012
img0013
img0014
img0016
img0017
img0018
img0020
img0021
img0022
img0023
img0024
library(.rar)
MSVCR71.dll
python24.dll
readme.html
SC4Mapper
SC4Mapper.exe
splash
w9xpopen

this is the contents of the mapper.exe, after i tried to load the program 3 times

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1007, in OnClose
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1010, in ShowMain
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 277, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-4: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-4: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

wouanagaine

unfortunatly you're part of the vista group that can't use it :(
There is a solution however, which implies that you relocate your "My documents" folder to another place ( like d:\ )

New Horizons Productions

Boycey08

i put it in my c drive since d is reserved for recovery and it opens up so thanks for that

but now im completely baffled, ive no clue how to use this, i just want to make a region that has 1 large tile in the middle and is surrounded by 12 medium tiles

wouanagaine

SC4Mapper is not for creating region, SC4TF is what you want for that as well as reading
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/categories.cfm?catid=141&entercat=y

New Horizons Productions

Boycey08

i dont have rush hour/deluxe so terraformer wont work and when i open the config in paint it is ridiculously tiny, so tiny that its impossible to edit to create the region i want

nvm then, thanks anyway for the help

Boycey08

well as a result of following your method to enable sc4mapper to work, i can no longer create new regions or save any new cities in sc4...

so how do i fix this?

ive returned the Documents folder back to C:\Users where it originally was, ive also uninstalled and reinstalled sc4 and it hasnt helped a bit...

catty

Quote from: Boycey08 on October 16, 2008, 07:07:00 AM
i just want to make a region that has 1 large tile in the middle and is surrounded by 12 medium tiles

I can't help with your SC4Mapper problem, but if you want something simple to create a config file, I use Landscape Designer which I download from Simtropolis, I'm afraid I can't help with a link for it, but it is designed to create SimCity 4 region.ini, terrain images, and config bitmaps.

Hope that helps  :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Boycey08

thanks for the info catty, but i actually found an application yesterday called SCRACC which i found when reading a thread on simtropolis (will post a link if it is wanted), which allows you tocreate a region and a config file using the same application

but thankyou for the hint, i might have to try it out

if anybody knows how to solve my problem then please do share, i cant play the game

Boycey08

ok i can save new cities in currently existing regions, it seems the only region i cant is the one i just created

i changed the config to config.bmp and the only other file in the region folder is the region file which holds the configuration settings

ive done ctrl + shift + alt + r to import the grey region image

am i missing something here?

catty

If the import worked it should have taken quite a bit of time for each city to be rendered ie anything up to a hour depending on how fast your computer is, so did that happen?, also I always use a bitmap saved as 256 colour bitmap as my gray region image, so what did you use?

Catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Boycey08

yea it took about 3 mins to render the region and each tile came up on a screen saying Creating New City before returning to the region view

im not too aware when it comes to images, but the properties says the bmp is 513 x 513 pixels and the Bit Depth is 8

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg231/Boycey08/RegeniousCfg.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg231/Boycey08/Regenious.jpg

and thanks for trying to help, its appreciated

Boycey08

ok well for the 4th time now ive uninstalled SC4 but this time, i chose to delete all my existing cities rather than save them, which led to my SC4 folder in \Users\Documents to be removed (i tried 5x to delete this before uninstalling but was denied access everytime, even as admin)

then i reinstalled SC4, created a new region, put the config file into the folder and then rendered it again and this time my region folder is filled with City - New City.sc4 upto City - New City (25).sc4 and ive been able to save my work now at last

so thankfully that is behind me

i just wanted to say thanks very much to those that attempted to help me with this problem as i really do appreciate it

wouanagaine

I've uploaded a mini patch to fix a glitch when SC4Mapper is reading/writing config.bmp

http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1963

Just unzip it in your SC4Mapper folder

New Horizons Productions

anandus

Moved to 'SC4Mapper : Trouble at launch'

blondjeee

i cant download sv4mapper > http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=179
where is the download button ?
i clicked everywhere
stupid, just like myself