• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by DaveN

Started by DaveN, April 14, 2011, 06:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveN

Welcome ... A long time nothing was happening here, but it has made a number of reasons. First of all, a complete lack of time since October. After that, difficult to implement the requirements for inclusion my BATS on LEX. And because the projects had quite a lot of modeled and there was no time to prepare them for LEX, nothing new arose. But in recent days made ​​up for a bit, so that has already been completed only a few models, I decided to get on with new projects.

This time, I started a larger project. I mean. "bigger" in terms of models, which will later cast as a single pack. These will be the Half timbered houses. For now, tonight, I fashioned three. I hope you like them. Of course, I look forward to any comments and suggestions. So what do you think?

I invite you to visit you and comment.

PS. By the way, I have a question for the experts. As the PIM to set the building to the game he had features of The Church? For the next in line to LEX to be a model church, which showed here a few months ago.

supremec

I'm really interested, 3 beautiful BATs...that is what I think  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

jmyers2043

Quote from: DaveN on March 24, 2012, 08:26:14 PM
As the PIM to set the building to the game he had features of The Church? For the next in line to LEX to be a model church, which showed here a few months ago.

It will be a plop building.

SimGoober made his churches into rewards. The XTool does not make a rewards. The PIM-X manual says it provides a reward template that can be edited using iLives reader. I checked a couple of Debussyman churches. They were made into Libraries and Landmarks. A landmark would be my first choice. I think that a park building is also acceptable.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Girafe

Models 1 & 3 are good, but roof tiles on the second are strange due to their big size, and maybe an over saturation of the wooden wall
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

DaveN

Replies:

supremec: Thank you. I'm going to make a dozen or so, because we make it simple and this type of architecture is quite picturesque.

jmyers: Thanks for the tips. I know you can in this way, but I noticed that with some additions to the church of the same functions as churches of Maxis.

Girafe: I know, I have corrected it. I noticed it until this morning, and already I could improve. :)

The next few models that I made last night:

and the second in two similar versions:

I hope you like them.

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

FrankU

I do like your models a lot. I´m not too good at BATting, so no real comment on that aspect. What I see is in the last image that the triangular fronts have weird textures in the last image. The first image is much better with the wooden planks.

Rady

Hi DaveN,

stopped over in your thread some tme ago, but today I managed to go through the whole of it. First, very nice work you are doing here - congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Second, I love the discussion in this thread since I can learn a lot from here which adds to my BATing knowledge. I started BATing some 8 month ago, and still have to learn a lot in terms of textures and getting the "real" look into it.

Additionally, it's good to see that other BATers do have their off-time, too. I also had an unintended interruption of 2 month until I coul go on with my bat, and really felt bad about it. Like starting somethnig, having a lot of people adding their comments and help, and then leaving them alone without further notice. But as I see, I'm not the only one affected by RL.  :P

So, keep up the good work, I'll be stopping over again!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

DaveN

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you liked houses.
And will be even more, because they are simple, and the amount of this type of architecture is huge. Today I present a few more. The last of the set is W2W. These types of buildings, also I'm going to do a few more.

Feel free to comment.

noahclem

These timber-frame houses look very promising  &apls  Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

DaveN

Thanks for any comments ...

Today I present the next portion of timber-framed houses.

The last three are modeled on houses that are outside the Polish. The first of them on the basis of the building from Zurich, the second from Lucerne, and the third from Ely in the UK.

I hope you like them. Cordially invite you to comment.

Silur

Tremendous serial  &apls &apls &apls
Waiting this for life  ;)
May be not so bright pure white colors only ?

Sciurus

Wonderful houses my friend!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

supremec

Amazing houses  &apls  &apls
But, I think the brick texture is a bit large on the last model...
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I love the texturing. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

jmyers2043

Hello David

Quote from: DaveN on April 07, 2012, 07:23:03 AM

The roof texture is very good. The white walls need a gradient or some grunge. Be careful with the color white. The game lighting rig can make it shine. If I get a screen grab of a Maxis white building and use the color picker in my paint program I will find that the RGB values for white are around R=210, G=210, B=210. Your white is too bright if you are using RGB = 255. The dark side wall is not convincing.

Here's a link to a couple of png files from my texture library. Cracks and grunge that you can layer onto the white wall if you wish.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/4/1237795/Cracksandgrunge.zip

This is a good model and there is nothing to complain about. The brick texture is a nice color and is interesting to look at. The only thing I'd change is the UV mapping. The bricks are bit too long. But before making a change I'd do a quick export and see how the building looks in the game. The bricks may be stretched in your example but not noticeable in the game.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mattb325

Very nice  &apls

I'll echo what the others have said regarding the white and some of the UVW mapping.

When mapping walls and roofs, I always start with the largest surface area first, and make sure that the UVW map sits correctly. When satisfied, I copy those dimensions to the smaller surfaces to ensure that all bricks and tiles are the same.

With the Ely house (If I am correct in thinking it is the one in Church Lane) the two roofs need to meet. At the moment, there is a big gap and a blank wall. This would never occur in real life as water would pool along the junction of the roof and the wall. I have attached a picture to show you how the roof should be extended.
Also, with the chimney pots, these are too large (they look like about 4m). On the real building they are highly decorative, but yours are very sparse. This is fine, but I would definitely make it smaller and less cone-like if you want to maintain a utilitarian look.

Lowkee33

I think the contrast of some of the roofs might be too high, especially the fourth model which seems to even have black.  Maybe lower some of the saturation levels too.  I think the fact that the walls are so clean pops out the grit of the roofs, how do you have such clean walls and a falling apart roof?

Agreeing with Jim, the roof texture on that model is excellent.