• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

Quote from: flame1396 on July 08, 2007, 08:16:42 PM
Hmm my guess would be an airport for that massive development thing. Too wide for an interstate...

Nah, why would an airport be next to a school? Then again, a freeway would be kind of weird there too, but much more likely.

Anyways, great job on this MD Tarkus. I was going to post earlier but didn't have enough time. I love the road maps.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

pickled_pig

Hey:

Really good job with the construction stuff.  Don't know if it's going to be an interstate... but I really don't see much else making sense there.

As for being too wide, different parts of the States have different median widths.  About as soon as you leave Rhode Island for Connecticut on I-95 or Massachusetts on I-195, there's a significant change in median width - going from a Jersey barrier to about a 150-200-foot-wide median.

-aaron

dragonshardz

Hey Tarkus, where did you get the construction lots?

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

I'm finally back with an update for Tarkusian Cities, after nearly a month hiatus, due to RL, modding, and not having a reliable internet connection for part of that time.

At any rate, here's a mini-mosaic of South Latimer Road, headed toward Camel Point State Park.  This is about 5 miles west of Wakeman.

A look at some more construction:

Another shot of the "mystery site".  As you may notice, it's right next to the river.  But it's not a seaport, if that's what your thinking.  All of you who guessed a "freeway" are correct.  Highway 24 will be re-routed, off of South Wakeman Boulevard and onto a new freeway alignment.  There will be some interesting challenges to face with this project, which you will see in the next few updates.

And the public works department had better hurry up the South 11th Avenue project . . .
This is a shot looking north at the S 11th/Wakeman Blvd intersection, at the east end of the Highway 24/89 multiplex. 

And one other little surprise.  Anyone remember Argentum?

We'll be revisiting it soon. ;)

I'll be back to respond to comments a little later.

-Alex

thundercrack83

I remember Argentum! Glad to see you're back at this here, Alex! The mosaic looks amazing--those NAM curves get me everytime--and I can't wait to see how the freeway develops! Great work, as always, my friend!

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Pat

MG i agree with you someone is upto no good here lol... Alex a very intresting Update full of engineering mystery... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

i've been lurking here and the only reason i can think of for a SEVEN TILE WIDE freeway is to use the RHW for six lanes in each direction plus a meridian in the center:

|||||||_|||||||
|||||||_|||||||
|||||||_|||||||

like so, with the right side heading down towards the bottom of the page and vice versa with the left. the horizontal lines (_) mean "meridan" and the vertical lines (|) mean lane edges, in case anyone is confused as to what that means.  ;D

Oh and Tarkus, what is Argentum?

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

dragonshardz

ok then but i still don't get the reference. what does that last pic have to do with his first MD?

Filasimo

alex alex alex, always leaving us waiting to see what youll do next.... shame on you!  :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

bat

DFire870

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 03, 2007, 11:19:05 PM
ok then but i still don't get the reference. what does that last pic have to do with his first MD?

The last picture was in his first MD, and it was for reconstruction of a bridge, which was never completed.

And Tarkus, great update, and I can't wait to see the highway be built.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

BigSlark

Alex,

Great update, I love your road construction scenes. If my memory serves me correctly, 7 tiles is about the right size for a diamond or compact trumpet interchange...

Cheers,
Kevin

Jmouse

Well, since I'm not good at creating or understanding transport networks, I'm going to sit back and watch instead of opening mouth and inserting foot.
Nevertheless, glad to have you back. I've liked your MD from the beginning and I'm glad to hear you have some pleasant surprises in store for us. BTW, nice update this time.

Until next time...
Joan

sebes

Quote from: Tarkus on August 03, 2007, 11:14:18 AM
And one other little surprise.  Anyone remember Argentum? ... We'll be revisiting it soon. ;)

OMG - the insane intersection... I will never forget that one - it's burnt on my retina forever LOL!.. Looking forward to the next update and the renewed acquaintance with Argentum  &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

tooheys

First of all nice work with the road in the first pic. It takes some time to get those sort of smooth slopes on that terrain.

Can't wait to see what you have planned for the fwy.

Cheers

Dave

Starmanw402007

Hey Alex, I like your signature introduction about the Network Widening Modd (NWM). When it does become available. I hope it solves our traffic problems in SC4 lol. Looking foward to seeing the final
product when it's completed. Just a question though. When this Network Widening Modd becomes available. How many lanes will we be able to widen our avenues & roads by? I'm just anxious to use
it I guess lol.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

allan_kuan1992

I think Tarkus is up to an express-collector freeway system, a very wide freeway with a median, or a small freeway with a large median.  :D

The MD is looking good so far!

- Allan Kuan

nedalezz

I love the way you've set up the construction of the freeway, and the pictures of the construction site really bring it to life. Well done.