• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

MandelSoft

So, today I've made something special: video footage from NORO! This video will explain how this works and what difficulties there are with managing such a multiplayer region. It will also show some of the construction of one of the tiles, so be sure to tune in!

http://www.youtube.com/v/aZGQXoj_jZ8

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Great video Maarten  &apls  The first 5 minutes or so give a nice explanation of the challenges of and solutions to multi-player game play that I really hope people take the time to view. It also reminded me I should really go back to Tomah (along the bay south of the center).

Watching how you go through and build a city was also very interesting for me. We do a lot of things the same way but some things different too--and you're much quicker obviously  :D  I really liked the trick you did outlining farmland zones and then auto-filling--didn't know that trick and I like the results. I did notice a couple things about your playing style that I could offer tips for. First, I think you'll find it more convenient to use keyboard shortcuts more often--there are shortcuts for all types of zones, all the basic (non-rush hour) networks, power lines, pipes, and a few other things that I don't know how I used to live without. Secondly, and less importantly, when building slopes approaching overpasses I start the slope from where it actually starts to cross the highway or rail in question, allowing the on-slope tile to be slightly sloped and reducing the embankment approach by one tile. That's just a small thing but can be helpful in a tight spot.

Great work and way to get the ball rolling on videos! Hopefully I can get one together before too long :)

rooker1

I just finished watching the video and also found it very, very interesting. Although it is and hour and fifteen minutes it seemed to fly by and I encourage everyone to watch.
There are a lot of things in there that I didn't know how to do, mostly about transit layout. I don't think I am very good, definatley not efficient like you.
I also didn't know about the farming tile trick. Good one indeed.

Great job on the video and I hope we can add alot more of those.
Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

droric

I also enjoyed watching the video.  Especially the parts where you were getting the draggable FAR to line up.   I almost always have issues getting a diagonal to connect to a orthogonal road correctly and it seems if u drag from the ortho road to the diag road it works just fine ;)  Looking forward to seeing this come together.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

noahclem

I've been quiet around here for a long time but have actually been working pretty hard the last couple weeks. Speaking of working, I've recently released my first public contribution, a mod to remove all arrows from the NWM one way roads. No progress on my tram project but I hope to get back to it before too long. Most of what I've been up to is designing highways in Ko-Noropolis, as well as planning other roads and detailing river banks. I'm almost finished with that and hope to have a bigger, polished update posted soon--but for now just one picture  ::)

APSMS

How were you able to get that cable-stayed RHW bridge? I don't recall anything like that lurking in the DBE files.

That's also quite a transportation network you have there. Very nice; looking forward to the finished product.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

sunv123

Interesting road layout, especially the bridges. &apls

Oh and that Arch Bridge ::) Have you been hiding that from us?

I had really enjoyed the video Maarten, a great break from just pictures. :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

guiloli

Wonderfull work by all of you !   &apls

Huston_N7

That transportation network looks nuts! Looking really good so far :)
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

RepublicMaster

Nice highway layout! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :D

rooker1

That does look great Noah. I can't wait until we start getting some Sims living in there.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

weixc812

Quote from: noahclem on September 15, 2013, 01:54:48 PM
I've been quiet around here for a long time but have actually been working pretty hard the last couple weeks. Speaking of working, I've recently released my first public contribution, a mod to remove all arrows from the NWM one way roads. No progress on my tram project but I hope to get back to it before too long. Most of what I've been up to is designing highways in Ko-Noropolis, as well as planning other roads and detailing river banks. I'm almost finished with that and hope to have a bigger, polished update posted soon--but for now just one picture  ::)

I'm quite interested in the bridges in the pic. As a non-user of NAM31, I don't know whether they are from this new NAM or part of your testing projects. Can you tell me where you got them, Noah?
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Swordmaster

Noah on the LEX! Great work my friend!

And on the project, too, of course. Excellent layouts.

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

As always you are doing an amzing job my friend!i've always liked,since Silijoki,pictures of work in progress areas!good stuff
Guglielmo

MandelSoft

Quote from: weixc812 on September 16, 2013, 05:03:24 AM
I'm quite interested in the bridges in the pic. As a non-user of NAM31, I don't know whether they are from this new NAM or part of your testing projects. Can you tell me where you got them, Noah?

Both are included in the NAM 31.2 and both are made by me. You just have to use the Maxis Highway tool for it.

APSMS

Very nice bridges Maarten; my question in particular was not where they came from (they sort of look like MHW based bridges), but rather if they're bridges, how he got roads to go under them. I was unaware that you could do that even with the DBE. ()what()
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

cmdp123789

Hey... thats true... I hadnt noticed that...  &apls please maarten tell us how? that is something crazy and exciting :o

MandelSoft

Well, you can ask Noah. He build those roads under the bridges and I don't know either how he managed that...