• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

metarvo

A parclo works out nicely for the edge of town.  Good work, Robin!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rooker1

How is this.....any better?

Click for full size.

Robin :-\
Call me Robin, please.

Flatron

Now that's great! I like it &apls

Kitsune

wow.. captures the essence of hwy 400 in ontario perfectly.. very realistic.
~ NAM Team Member

vortext

Frankly I liked the first version because it was compact and the Flex-Fly ramps, they're just awesome to see. Then again, the latest version fits better into a suburban environment and BuddyBuds' walls are a nice touch (though please get rid of the Maxis trees!!  ::)).
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Haljackey

Wow, great work!

That interchange would make a great submission to the RHW Interchange guide. If you're interested, just add some text to each step and post it in the parclo section or feel free to PM me about it. :)

Swordmaster

Er. . . what did I say when I first typed this message before my browser went ape? Something along the lines of port . . . planning . . . docks . . . scale . . . based of my home-town port.

Bottom two docks are 2300m x 320m, like the Churchill dock in Antwerp . . . we'll be having mostly container traffic . . . Noah's building an interchange now . . . we had a long discussion about how the highway should cross the docks eastward . . . we're going for a tunnel, like the mainline railway tracks (yellow on the map) . . . bridges are fun but the required clearance would make it look a bit off in this location . . . instead we'll be doing something nice bridge-wise at the other end of the bay.

And, I also got an idea for two home-made products. (This is where I closed the browser instead of post the message :D  Jeez, I'm not used to MDing anymore.)

Prepare for a big brewery some place and a bunch of tobacco processing industry.

We'll be enlisting a BATer to make some HD billboards with this (sometime in the future).

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

I like the idea for the products Willy!!So are you trying to recreate something similar to your home town port?looking forward to seeing it! &apls
Cheers
Guglielmo

rooker1

I love my Beer Billboard......come to think of it, I love my beer. lol
Great work, I really like the idea of some back ground in NORO.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Simcoug

Aaron Graham

Lovely bill boards, I always wanted to make some sort of bill boards, I fill sim city is missing them. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

FrankU

Hmmm.... beer and a new seaport! Smells like Zware Van Nelle, clove, nutmeg, vanilla and other spices....

art128

Seaport looks promising! Plenty of space for all the necessary infrastructures!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Quote from: FrankU on May 28, 2013, 07:35:27 AM
Hmmm.... beer and a new seaport! Smells like Zware Van Nelle, clove, nutmeg, vanilla and other spices....

Coffee!! How could you forget about coffee Frank?!?  ???  :D

Pretty neat seaport Willy! I like it is true to scale and judging from the various RHW intersections, I guess all Noro infrastructure projects are! :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Jmouse

Now THAT's a seaport! All of you have done outstanding work so far, but that isn't the most amazing thing about NORO. The truly unique feature is the fact that all of you have different playing styles and skills, but you're able to come together and create a harmoniously seamless region. It can't be as easy as you make it look.

noahclem

Outstanding work Willy  &apls

The port is one of the most exciting things in the project for me right now and I'm very happy to be able to contribute my work towards it. Love the advertisements too, thanks man--looks like there's a new brand of smokes I need to switch to  :satisfied:

Exciting work on the small town in By Robin! I think things are turning out great down there and the interchange has turned out very nice  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Quote from: vortext on May 28, 2013, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: FrankU on May 28, 2013, 07:35:27 AM

Coffee!! How could you forget about coffee Frank?!?  ???  :D

Pretty neat seaport Willy! I like it is true to scale and judging from the various RHW intersections, I guess all Noro infrastructure projects are! :thumbsup:

Hmmm, sorry Vortex, Yes. Coffee. And tea. And a lot of other smells. Like linseed oil, tar, diesel...
About twenty years ago I visited the at that time almost abandonded Wilhelminapier in Rotterdam. The building of the Holland Amerkia Lijn was inhabited by squatters (they actually saved the building form destruction and now it is the famous Hotel New York) and most of the warehouses were abandoned but open. Everywhere you could smell the spices that had been stored there. The area smelled like it was still active. I'll never forget this atmosphere.

rooker1

I have done a little more on this little town.
What do you think so far? I'm starting to have enough demand that I can now demolish certain things and try to get what I want to grow with fairly good luck. A few of these are working pics and have some functions turned....sorry, but I thought I would show them anyways.

I hope you are enjoying the month so far.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Gugu3

Well done!! :thumbsup:the only thing i don't particularly like is the brown shade near the rail tracks...
cheers
Guglielmo

noahclem

Lovely work in By Robin  &apls  I'm jealous you've gotten your little town to the point you have  ;D  Train station looks sweet. The brown Guglielmo mentioned can be easily fixed with some old-school Swamper77 material combined with something from a flying horse IIRC. I'd suggest 7,5m viaducts over the rail rather than 15m ones but in any case it's a very pretty thing to behold  :thumbsup: