• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Plays the game with Custom content.

Started by Colyn, December 19, 2006, 02:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Before I start the map I want to make some testing...

My question is: Are these beauties compatible with : "no spoiling natural terrain:D  :D  :D ?¿

I hope so.... ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

For sure you can use it ... obviously some severe terraforming will be needed at some places to make something work .... I love these ... are they available in public ?
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sam

wouanagaine

I think those heavy metal machine are somy bats

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Alek King of SC4

I am thinking about joining in this as it looks like some fun,  question, cheats such as super demand, money, ect can we use?  Anyways i might download this map and show you all some of my wacky ideas.

sam

Hi Alek, I think its fine to use "cheats" if you want (but cheats is such a relative term anyway). Its mainly about how you play the game, and the more playing styles the better. So feel free to play it however you like, and have fun.

I'd love to see what you make out of this map.

Colyn

Cheats and whatever is not an issue ... most important in these Experiments is just to get more people to play seriously and show what they do with what is out there.

For me and a few others we are looking for specific technical things that we are concerned about but in general everybody uses some form of a cheat.

The game money system is just as broken as the garbage system and the advent of custom lots screwed the money even further. So the money issue is not important to me ... so is the garbage issue.

What I care about are the demands and satisfaction of the demands, occupant numbers and growth frequency.
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

Hi to all,
Yes, those are SOMY's BATs and I am still waiting for a nice place to use them... the pics above were made just for fun  ;D

SOMY'S site

Scroll down to find the pages list and enjoy  :thumbsup: !!!

Btw, the models are based in RL Krupp excavators in Germany  ??? . I just cant imagine how big such a machine is !!!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

keithsed

HELP!  I hope I didn't break it.   &cry2  

I want to join this project but when I click on the link to get the map I get a new window that says I'm not authorized and that I need to log on.  

Log on to what?  I thought I was already logged on.  

What's up doc?

Keith

Colyn

We do have rights issues with the exchange and we are working on it ... Click on the File Downloads link at the top of the screen and get the map from that exchange ... hopefully we will get most of the tiny bugs resolved in the coming days.
Come see CSX Play

TheTeaCat

Fantastic Shots everyone.
Cant wait to see more. really I can't

:satisfied:

EDIT:

P.S. It's an Honour to become a Governor in this thread.

PPS You can buy a used bucket wheel excavator for $20,000,000 second hand
Check this used excavator advertisment http://www.jmc-machinery-sales.com/Used_Krupp_Bucket_Wheel_Excavat.html

plus they got some wikked pics of it too

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Yoder7652

@Jeronij - using somy's excavators looks awsome....but what landscape modd are you using? someting from cycledogg? it almost looks like you married two different ones...

tkirch

I am definitely going to work on this along with Elephant Bay.  I like the challenge.  Great idea this was.

jeronij

Quote from: Yoder7652 on December 21, 2006, 08:43:12 PM
@Jeronij - using somy's excavators looks awsome....but what landscape modd are you using? someting from cycledogg? it almost looks like you married two different ones...
I used Cycledogg's Painted Desert terrain mod for that map. You can see more from this city's textures in the Game Experiments board  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

hamsterTK

I've been thinking about it for a while, I think im going to try and get in on this.

I'll start day after christmas.

Curious about the rules, does all of the growable custom content need to be BSC, and are some plops(landmarks) allowed?

Bumbles Bounce!

sam

Hi Hamster, you can use whatever you wish. The main idea is to build in harmony with the terrain and the environment.

Welcome aboard, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

BigSlark

I downloaded the Mount Robson map from STEX and got it installed. It doesn't look like the same map everyone is currently using, especially the lack of a large body of water.

I look through the downloads and couldn't find it in there.

Am I just really confused?

beskhu3epnm

BSC is using a modified version of that map, and it's available here at SC4D in the downloads section. You may have to scroll a page or two.

The map you have DL'd is the one I created, and is of accurate scale (including elevation). It is quite extreme....

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Colyn

There is a link to the map in the first post.
Come see CSX Play

Elektra

Hi,

This is probably not the place to post this question, but I couldn't anywhere else.  I wanted to play along with this project.  I have downloaded the map....making note that it is in sc4m and has a config file once extracted.   

"Newbie ?" :  how do I get the map to work in SC4?  Noticed that the format is not the same as the other installed maps... :angrymore:   Now I know I am not a dummy, but I have always made my own maps of whatever was in my head at the time.  This is a little new to me, some assistance please?  I have looked for information on getting it installed on here and ST....I guess I wasn't searching correctly, cause I know it is somewhere.     %confuso
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein