• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

Hey, Badsim!

Not sure if you still come around here, but I just wanted to let you know that this MD made my list of the Ten Greatest CJ's/MD's of All Time!  You can check it out [right here] if you want.
(Under Construction)

dsrwhat316

I think I've lurked here long enough (over a year  :P)...

This has to be the best MD in the history of SC4. I, too, was a huge fan of S.A.C. and her work; Olympia was the main reason for me to start using the Lot Editor. Every time I can't figure out how to finish a lot, I come here for inspiration. I, among others, can't wait for your return this fall for more top-notch pics!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Badsim

Well ... October is arriving slowly - so I'm nearing to be back - but , as Wou's X-Tool still stands at the horizon ... have had to launch again LE , oppositely to what I announced .

Just a teaser picture about what I've started to work on ... This litlle baby - Burg Eltz from Xannepan can't do otherwise than attract a lot of tourists so it requires facilities  integrated to the wild landscape surrounding it for now ... or maybe a small medieval village ... or both ... don't know so far to tell you the truth . :-\

KitFisto69 , I'm using a NOB's rail Mod . You'll find it on his website , browsing the Japanese links .

Cedric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

emilin

Uh?

Where the heck does that lot start? ()what()

Beside the sheer visual pleasure of that wonderful sceneray (with EXTREMLY well placed trees, by the way... probably the most realistic use of flora I have ever seen) I can sense some very advanced lotting here. Please, please, please show us the lots themselves too. ;D

&apls &apls &apls &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Simpson

Wow  :o
This picture is so beautiful, this castle is super and so réalistic, your river look very nice  &apls
I'm until forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Nothing less than awesome work.  What a super picture Cedric.   &apls
I have been patiently waiting for you to come back to us.  I hope your work period wasn't too hard on you.
See you around my friend and I look forward to more.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

squidi

wow ..super realistic picture of that castle.
and good to here that you will be back soon to inspire us and show us your graet LE work

paul

Pat

Cedric simply amazing here!!! I just dont know what to honestly say other then amazing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

I have heard only good wonderful things about this MD, so I decided to give it a closer look.  I have only read page 1 and page 52 read all of the pages up to this one, and they have blown me away :o.  That castle doesn't look like it conforms to any grid!  It looks like I have something new to read, Cedric. :thumbsup:

EDIT:  If you can do all of this with LE, what will happen when you get your hands on the X-Tool?  I hope I'm ready for it... :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

Great to see a new picture here!

And the area of the burg is excellent! Beautiful work there!

Looking forward to more next month! ;)

thundercrack83

Wonderful picture, my friend! Absolutely wonderful! Everything is placed perfectly! I can't wait for October to see what else you have in store for us.

Take care!

Dustin

JoeST

OH... MY.... GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is one of the greatest pictures i have EVER seen in the game.... the levels of detail you have put into just a teaser pic have in my mind insured your MD is worthwhile spot in the hall of fame for evermore. I am just in awe...

and I am surprised they havent offered you X-tool :o

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

vester

WOW that looks......

GREAT

just can't find any other word.

kimcar

&apls &apls What a return . You did a great job with this masterpiece  :thumbsup: Can`t wait for see youir project  ;)

Jmouse

Perfectly stunning photo, Cedric, in what promises to be another masterpiece. I vote for the Medieval village, but I'm sure whatever path you take will lead to a beautiful conclusion.

Later...
Joan

Badsim

Thank you .... warmly . :thumbsup:

For Emil ... and all those who are interested by the " making of " .

I'm going to surprise you , my friend , this Lot is one of the simpliest of my collection !  :D

One building and a single prop ... On this first pic , I'm sure that you'll not able to find them ...

So , here is the building . It is totally overhanging the Lot ... and all what I've had to do is to correct its position (it was perfectly centered ) to align the arch with a possible crossing of it by a road or street .

And here is the only prop ; the Lighthouse base from Pegasus' Lighthouse , as little wooden pier .

I've had to reduce the size of this prop - the original one was upper a tile - with IliveReader . You can find the method here : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=650.0. I've had to do this for two reasons : firstly to make it overhang the Lot at its maximum , secondly , with its original size it was impossible to use plopable water & rocks from the Mayor Mode near it as the space was already occupied by it .

Well , that means that almost all this scene is built with Mayor Mode stuff ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Lot - Tourism Offices - is a little more interesting . Using Alpha texures as Base Textures ,  multiple overlays and Transit Enabling .

First result in game ... as expected , the streewalks have appeared at the connection of the Lot ....

So have had to use the "Lot extension" method to hide this . After have saved in game the situation above , I went back to LotEditor , extended the Lot of one tile with the bases textures and the overlay corresponding .

Save , quit and launch again the game ...... the old textures have been automatically rewriten .

Now , if you're able to tell where these Lots are .... that's only because I've shown it !  $%Grinno$% :P

Thanks , Joan , to have told me your preference ... I've started the LotEditing of a rural parking . That said , I don't give up with the small mediaval village . I'm going to read again Capo's MD , as I remember have seen nice medieval BATs there ... So far I don't think to have some in my Plugins ... ::)

Cedric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Fantastic show.
I wish you would try to enter this picture in the SC4 picture Contest.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Simpson

Always a fine work on the LE here, and also this castle is really superb
;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sheep49

BadSim, you're just too good lotter! That's not fair! :P

Anyways, great work as always. I'm really impressed. But I still don't think that I'm ready for you to take X-Tool to your hands :D

Keep that great work coming!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles