• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Marsh's Swamp (Random things I am working on.)

Started by marsh, December 31, 2010, 01:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evillions8

If you did wanted a grass texture, there was a plugin where you can have a temporary terrain texture by replacing an animal brush in god mode.  I forgot what it was (it was from SMP from what I know of), but it's pretty awesome.  Only if people knew how do that.  &mmm

marsh

Evillions: Yea, I know about that too. The problem is every time you exit the game it disappears.  &mmm

Currently not much going on. However I'm looking into street-tree mods. I want to make a seasonal one. The only problem is there are not many trees. C.P.'s ones seem over-scaled. And Girafes... well those are not seasonal trees. So until then I'll try and get the hang of making a normal one. :P

edit*- I had a question. What is the difference between the different "Recourse Key Type"'s? Like 1,2,3,4,5 & xm's? I noticed these when trying to make a tree controller with girafe's seasonal trees and they started changing at a far different pace than the plopped ones.

Evillions8

For your trees, what type are you looking for?

marsh

Seasonal ones. ;)

Correcting myself from my last post. *Girafe's are not singular models* 

Girafe

Quote from: marsh on May 07, 2011, 01:22:56 PM

Correcting myself from my last post. *Girafe's are not singular models* 

Yes, I think about exporting singular tree however it's really long and the scale of the tree is a little bit smaller - you can't have big trees for cities. Anyway I have not motivation for time sry  %wrd
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

marsh

Girafe: It's okay, I understand. :P

I recently have tried to make a tree controller using Girafe's trees. The problem is the seasonal trees Change at a rapid interval, and sometimes only certain ones change. Could anyone possibly tell me why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Example of what I'm talking about.

(Left side of the road are MMP trees. Right side is god-mode ones.)

DanniBee

Quote from: marsh on May 07, 2011, 10:39:17 PM

I recently have tried to make a tree controller using Girafe's trees. The problem is the seasonal trees Change at a rapid interval, and sometimes only certain ones change. Could anyone possibly tell me why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Example of what I'm talking about.

Oh, I think you need the seasonal patch for any custom terrain mods here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2612
The same thing happened to me but now it works after installing this  :thumbsup:

Lowkee33

DanniBee is correct, though perhaps I should change the image to be "Seasonal Patch for all Terrains".  A patch is needed for Maxis too.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

marsh

I've reinstalled it and the problem is still the same. The trees planted with the God-mode brush change far different than the ones plopped, and completely skip the winter cycle.

Lowkee33

Quote from: marsh on May 08, 2011, 03:54:26 PM
I've reinstalled it and the problem is still the same. The trees planted with the God-mode brush change far different than the ones plopped, and completely skip the winter cycle.

Hmm.  Well, first I will say that I have had seasonal flora in god mode without this issue.

You need to have the 1st rep of FloraParameters be 180, the 6th be 363, and the 7th be 15050 (or something near there).  This aught to do it.

If not, could you post a picture of the Exemplar?  Did you mod Girafe's, or create your own?     

marsh

I have not got around to the Tree controller yet. I'm still trying. :)

Anyways here is something else I've worked on.

The White Sands Beach Mod - Now on the STEX. http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26208-hd-white-sandys-beach-mod/

I simply modified orange's textures and made then white. The underwater textures I tinted slightly blue so that it brings out the water more and looks more tropical. (Thanks to kodlovag for that idea. ;))

lak47

Marsh, not only this mod, but the three pictures you've posted are ridiculously realistic!! Fantstic, modd and pictures!!  &apls

FrankU

It's a pity I don't do tropical areas. This is a fantastic sea!

marsh

Just going to attempt to keep this alive.  :P

Just made Koldavag's textures into a beach. For a region I am growing. I've also had thoughts of making a custom terrain mod for it, by simply modifying maxis textures. I like the type of detail in them. I would probably keep that, just change some of the hues and add dirt patches in places. Change higher elevation textures to more wet looking ones.

Evillions8

I guess that beach could be used for like Midwestern US cities.  If you're going to make a mod out of Maxis texture, you might as well make them a bit more green looking at lower elevations and more dirt, patch like textures at higher elevations.  I really don't know what you're trying to go for, but its just an idea.

marsh

Not really sure what I'm going for. Just maxis looking because I like that terrain with this region, although I want some different things. Like swampy areas at really low elevations, and snow at higher elevations.

Also forgot to ask this, but anyone know where the maxis terrain data is located? Which dat. I can't seem to find it.  :-[ found it.  ::)

Also, made another thing. (First transit modding too. :) )

I find myself making "cul-de-sacs" with the NAM's street roundabouts a lot. However the center median annoyed me. In the way I was using them anyways... so I fixed that. :P

Evillions8

O..M..G... (jaw drops)

&apls &apls

You just created what everyone just wanted.

marsh

That mod is now available on the STEX for those interested. I wasn't planning on releasing them, but many (On ST at least)asked for them so... here they are.  ::)

marsh

Well I made a 2nd version of the cul-de-sac mod. After a request I decided to include SAM streets. I also re-worked the maxis streets and made the transitions look more cul-de-sacy. (Don't think that's a word ???)

If you want it it's here --> Linkie