• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Katten's Shosaloza

Started by Katten Gustaf, February 22, 2007, 06:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katten Gustaf

Hello everyone. I have decided to join the Shosaloza project and try to build a city on this insane map.
This is my first attempt at posting a cj or diary of one of my cities, and I appreciate any feedback, comments and criticism on it.

I start with some pictures from a city in the mountians.

This is main street with the church and city hall.

Some housing, a quiet neighborhood with a small pond.

The town sits on the shores of a clear mountain lake fed by the melting snow, and waterfront property is very sougth after by Shosaloza's wealty.

Jobs offerd by Shosaloza's booming hightech industries attracts sims from all over simnation; And regional population is now over 200k, with about 20000 in this city.

sebes

Great pictures.  I like the main street area in the first picture. Also the overview is very nice. :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

vester

Det var kattens ;)

(Sorry can't be translated)

Great start.

Colyn

Good stuff ... can you do us a favour and convert you images to jpg ... the png is huge and loads very slowmly for the people on slower connections.

Thanks in advance.

Where is that church from ... it looks great.

Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sebes

Colyn, the church is the Dutch Village Church from Haarlemmergo(l)d on the stex.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Wonderful city! Great start! Fantastic pictures! :thumbsup:

Rayden

200k already? I don't know how yoy guys can build so quickly. I'm doing it for around 2 months now and I haven't reach those 200k yet  ()what()

Anyway, it's a nice start and very nice layout  :thumbsup:

vester

Quote from: Colyn on February 24, 2007, 03:04:52 AM
Good stuff ... can you do us a favour and convert you images to jpg ... the png is huge and loads very slowmly for the people on slower connections.

Thanks in advance.

To this you can use IrfanView. Its free.

By converting them to Jpg and set the quality settings to 50 %, the files size goes down to a tenth of the pngs. At 50 % you cann't see the loss of quality.

QuoteWhere is that church from ... it looks great.

It's Dutch Village Church by haarlemmergold.

Katten Gustaf

Thanks for your compliments.

Colyn, sorry about the pictures, they are now in .jpg format. The church is the Dutch Village Church vester linked to.

Vester, thanks for the advice.

Colyn

Come see CSX Play

Couchpotato

Very nice.  But I always love cities with lots of trees and water running through it.   
I'm also amazed that you've gotten your population up so high in such a small area.
Nice work.   &apls

sam

Nice work, your towns look very scenic. And welcome to the project.

mattb325

Welcome to the project! You've a really lovely and relaxed layout to the area - it's wonderful to see and I'm amazed to see how many sims you've managed to cram into the area!

spa

Looks good. It's quite the valley city. Makes me think of Alaska.

rooker1

Very nice start.  The picture of the over all city look great.
Call me Robin, please.

c.p.

Very nice looking city  &apls
Is the lake higher than parts of the city?  And if so, how did you do that?  %confuso

Katten Gustaf

Again, thanks to everyone for commenting.

c.p., yes, the lake is higher than the city, I made it using the rain tool.
There is five such lakes in the region and filling them up with water every time I open the cities their in is a minor annoyance, but i haven't found any plopable water that works well for larger lakes.

Katten Gustaf

In this update we'll pay a visit to the city of New Bergen.

New Bergen

New bergen used to be a small town with a mainly fishing based economy, back then this remote corner of the Shosaloza region held little promise of growth. But that was a long time ago.
Some twenty ago a large supply of oil and natural gas was discovered of the coast, and soon a large number of offshore platforms were being built to exploit these riches.

All this oil needed to be refined and shipped to markets, and New Bergen was to beacome a one of the mayor players in this lucrative trade. A new port was built to the north of new bergen. To house the oil terminals and refineries.

The old fishing harbour was turned into a marina and shopping area.

The highrise offices of the oil companies soon rose over New Bergen, and the need for a larger workforce led to a rapid increase in population. New Bergen's skyline canged dramatically.

vester

Colyn

Well that is one hell of a industrial harbour ... ;) ... you get points from me for that highway against the cliffs ... I placed a road there and know how much effort it takes to get the stuff in properly ... well done ...  &apls
Come see CSX Play