• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jen's version of Shosaloza...

Started by jen_p, December 26, 2006, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Quote from: jen_p on January 01, 2007, 03:35:36 AM
Thanks, Barby, I think the other one is called Tai-Pan terrace or something, by a member of the HKAB team, maybe Bixel.

They look indeed bixel's Chelsea Court, but cannot assure as the colours look different, but it could be a different version

Chelsea Court 1

Chelsea Court 2

TheTeaCat

Thanks for the info Jen P :thumbsup:

Fantastic new pics with lots of stuff I've never seen before.
Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jen_p

Here's another set of screenshots, this time from Hebridea, mainly a residential city.

Early on the small downtown area was dismal and lifeless:

A few years later:

There are plentiful transport options in Hebridea. Most residents work in the next city, Caltowie.

My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

Rayden

Everything looks fantastic, I love the layout, the buildings everything, but one thing bugs me a lot, the roads look like roller coasters, I hate that. That's the one thing that always had annoyed me. I don't mean you have to terraform and flat all the terrain, but sure you can smooth it a little to make the roads look a bit more natural. Try to use Jeronij's tunnel and slope terrain, and try to follow his building technique. Have a look at his experiment Slope City.
I hope you take this critic of mine as a good and constructive one. I don't mean to put you down but to make you improve even more your already great skills on this game.
Cheers
Rayden

mattb325

Jen - looking great - there are some seriously unusual BATs in here - I love how you mix all of the Japanese, BSC, NDEX etc stuff. Looks really good. :thumbsup:

sebes

Lovely pictures again Jen - the downtown refurbishing was very succesfull! :sunny:

@Barby & Rayden : thanks for the info on the lots.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

The pictures are looking fantastic! Great downtown!

jen_p

Rayden: I understand what you are saying about the roads, however to me that is fairly realistic. In my neck of the woods we do have roads like that, like a rollercoaster. One road near my house has a sign on it, Warning - Undulating Surface next 2km, and believe me it is an understatement. I will however try to tone down some of the more abrupt slopes. And thanks for your other comments, I'm glad you like the layout.

Matt, sebes & bat: thanks for your comments.

Here's some more pictures from one of Hebridea's islands:

First, a couple of Z4 shots, then a few closer in:

bat

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Rayden

Of course I like the layout and everything else. Nice lots, very well distributed, not too repetitive, what's there to dislike?  ;D :thumbsup:

sebes

Lovely island, great shots again.  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

Great stuff again - good to see someone master Marrast's sea walls. I usually end up making a terrible matzoh of the whole thing :D

jen_p

Matt, would you believe me if I said that I find these kinds of walls very easy to use, as opposed to the sea walls that change the height of the terrain when plopped? I can never get them to work >:(.

Alek King of SC4

i could not agree more with the previous post

mattb325

Quote from: jen_p on January 04, 2007, 03:46:36 PM
Matt, would you believe me if I said that I find these kinds of walls very easy to use, as opposed to the sea walls that change the height of the terrain when plopped? I can never get them to work >:(.

I'd believe you 99! (I'm always backwards with these things) I usually use pegs' levelling thingy when I'm doing the sea walls, which is why I can get them... ;)

Alfred.Jones

Awesome work Jen :thumbsup: I love that bridge and the marrast walls ;) They look great together :) Keep it up

Sim City 4 Devotion

vab423

Gosh, I missed a whole lot of updates on this one.  Great work and thanks for the links, Jen. 

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

Traff

Wow. Great pics. Many of those houses and buildings I've never seen before.
They fit together very nicely.

kwakelaar

This is some great citybuilding Jen, i really like the custom lots and bats you have chosen.