• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sam plays Shosaloza

Started by sam, December 20, 2006, 03:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam

This is where I will post my Shosaloza experiment.

I've been looking at this map for about six weeks now, trying to figure out what to do with it. This is my region view:

Updates:

1. Ho'nehe - a fishing village

Colyn

Well that looks challenging ... interesting to see that you made a river through the rift valley ... ;) ... could make for some nice features.

For me it was initially an issue how I will do the traffic ... so I decided on one interstate that starts  in D3 - C3 skims through the corner of B3 then on to B2 and B1. I also use a lot of ferries. So far so good ... the lack of rails does have some issues for me and seems to affect the stage growth a bit.

I am looking forward to see how you tackle this one.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sam

Hi Colyn,

I added the river today to my original map (which I haven't played in almost a month  &ops). The river is part of my traffic plan  ;D. I didn't want to put too many highways on this lovely terrain, so I think I will try to use ferries as much as possible. I think the river will also help me layout the zones, by keeping the different areas segregated without looking like they are (I hope).

So far I've really only looked at where I can put a harbour, which is certainly a bit challenging. The whales seemed to find the solution interesting though.

sam

Ho'nehe - a fishing village

This was the first update, that I started working on weeks ago (for BSC members this will be déjà vu, but I'm working on a new update too).

The first city in the region is the fishing village of Ho'nehe, in the C3 position.

ABCD
3X

Overview of the village:

Fishing boats:

Close up of some village houses:

Many of the lots are made from props by Colyn, Nob, and BSC members. Some lots are from Nob and the jetties are Cobbs Harbour Village. The rocks and flora are from Jeronij, Sorchin, Goldiva and Gizmo.

Alfred.Jones

Great work Sam. I look forward to more :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

jacqulina

excellent fishing village sam looking forward to seeing more :thumbsup:

Colyn

I love your village ... but then again ... I have already said that on BSC ... interesting to see how you did C3 and I will soon show shots of how I did it.
Come see CSX Play

bat

Alek King of SC4

&dance &dance

very nice.

the last pic is THE best.

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

Love those fishing villages Sam, it almost looks like we're not in SC4 anymore ;D

kwakelaar

Yes Sam that is looking excellent, a very beautiful small village.

sam

Hi everyone, and thanks for all the lovely comments  &hlp.

I've got two pictures to show you what I have been working on for the past few days. I've been following Jeronij's and Dedgren's tutorials for making waterfalls. Its still a work in progress though.

An overview:

A closer view:

They still need a lot of decorating. The city is Tikaani, which I've just started in the B2 position.

ABCD
2X

The dam takes up a lot of the flat space in the mountains, but I couldn't resist. I've never made a dam and waterfall before.

BarbyW

Looks super, Sam. It is a pity that the game isn't truly regional as this would make a wonderful regional power source as it would be in RL.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Colyn

This is a superb dam ... I love it. You have eveb taught the dam maker a lesson here ...  &apls ... I have never thought of doing it like this.
Come see CSX Play

bat

Wonderful lake and waterfalls!!! &apls (x6) :thumbsup:

Dont abuse the smilies  $%Grinno$%

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

jeronij

sam ,I think this last scene is one of the most interesting i have seen in a while  &apls .  The scenery for the lake is perfect. Very credible  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

hamsterTK

Thats a really wonderful dam. I like the long embankment, reminds me of the dams where I live that can stretch for miles because its not very hilly

Perhaps not exactly preserving the enviroment, but its definetely going to give the sims many water-oriented recreational opportunities along with the obvious electricity/water source.

Bumbles Bounce!

sebes

Nice waterfalls Sams. I like it that the snow drops into lake just like a glacier lake. Very well thought! :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN