• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barby plays Shosaloza

Started by BarbyW, December 19, 2006, 03:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

This where I will post my pathetic efforts to play on this insane map ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

bat

I'm looking forward to your work, barbyw!

sebes

Same here. I have a feeling your "pathetic" efforts will be as astonishing as they always are. ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jacqulina

hi barby i think your work will be amazing i cant wait to see it

Alfred.Jones

I too cannot wait to see you work Barbyw :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

NikNik

Good luck Barby.
(You'll need it  ;D)

Nik-Nik

BarbyW

A few pictures from my most developed city Port St Louis which sits at B2. It has 37670 inhabitants.
High above the city a mountain spring shoots into the air and forms a small lake.

The lake falls down the mountain via waterfalls to form another lake above the sea. Here a dam has been built to provide some of the power needs of the city.

Farms sit on the lower ground with a church standing above them at the heart of the old village.

The first of the industries to move in was the Nick O'Laus toy Factory built by PegProd inc.

More views later.

pvarcoe

mmmm, very nice so far. I really like the pond and the overall mix of vegetation.

sebes

Great lakes Barby! The forests in the picture fit very well in...
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jacqulina

hi barby excellent start love the lake and falls the dam is fantastic,great farms and houses

Colyn

I like the houses in your village and the PEG Factory looks great.

You did a lot of leveling for the dams ... must have kept you busy for a while.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

mattb325

Love how you've transitioned the dam from the lake to the sea: great idea :thumbsup:

sam

Very nice pictures Barby, I like how you've made the dams. The last picture has a wonderful combination of slope friendly houses.

beskhu3epnm

Well barby, instead of damaging the surrounding terrain, you seem to have enhanced it. Amazing!!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BarbyW

Here is an overview of Port St Louis.

As you can see there are small pockets of development with the main denser population areas in the centre. This will be where the high rise appear in due course. One or two mid rise have already sprung up in this mixed commercial and residential district to one side of the main avenue.

Along the seashore more power has been provided from natural gas found in the bay. There is also a water pumping facility.

High above the main CBD a smaller commercial district has  appeared to service the small residential estate.

Finally for this update, the renovated Winterton Theatre is close to the Toy Factory and the soon to be shown recreation trails in the natural beauty of the hills.

A word about the strange snow levels, I started out with a lower, lower snow mod by cycledogg for the Italia terrain. If you look to the cities either side of Port St louis you can see the result - very little without snow. I changed the mod but have not yet been back to all areas so there is a mix of the lower snow and the lower, lower snow mods in view.

bat

TheTeaCat

Looks fabulous Barbyw :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more. Hopefully soon ;D

:satisfied:

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jacqulina

barby you are doing great,nice work there

BarbyW

Maybe I should have started with the first city I developed. It is called Le Depart and sits at D3. there are currently nearly 3 000 sims living in this mainly agricultural city.

An overview of the city

As you can see I have not done a great deal of terraforming or land reclamation from the sea.

There are a variety of types of farms. Some with the Mediterranean buildings by mickebear.

Some by CSX:

And some by simgoober. It seems that Melody's Melons are popular with the TMs.

Here and there are pockets of low cost housing.

And also of higher wealth housing:

There are small commercial buildings among the residentials.

There is a small amount of industrial development along the coast line but it is still growing and has plenty of lots available.

More later.