• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: bighead99 on July 28, 2008, 08:24:15 PM
here is one small issue that troubled my bridges plugin.

it overided the nam plugin and prevented the other bridges from showing.

hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar problem.

This file is listed as "outdated" in the NAM Cleanitol list. It contains an outdated bridge controller, so you should install the updated bridge that is available at the LEX and remove the offending file.
Andreas

darraghf

i don't know if this is the right thread but.. When is the next NAM out
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

sim-al2

Quote from: darraghf on July 30, 2008, 07:44:27 AM
i don't know if this is the right thread but.. When is the next NAM out

There is no offical release date for the NAM. Never has, probaley never will. As Tarkus has said, they like to surprise people.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

deathtopumpkins

I'm assuming this is the right place for this:
I don't use the elevated OWR puzzle pieces very often, but I just built a small interchange with them, and I noticed cars wouldn't drive over parts of it. I turned the DrawPaths cheat on, and took this picture:

It appears that the paths are messed up for diagonal OWR over orthagonal AVE, OWR turn, and orthagonal OWR over diagonal OWR. These are the only pieces I have any trouble with, and so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing, or some update I need or something?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

JoeST

it also looks like your missing the paths for the corner piece, are you sure they were going the correct direction when you ploped them?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

deathtopumpkins

Yeah, and I even double-checked with the query tool before I took the pic.
And this isn't even the only time I've had the problem with the OWR corner.

sim-al2

That's odd. I've heard of problems with people being unable to use diagonal OWR pieces but they had the left-hand drive plugin. ??? I assume your using a traffic generator, or else I doubt their would be cars. We need a NAM expert (calls NAM office) I wonder if Andreas can help you?  &Thk/(

P.S. What is that intersection for anyway? &idea
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

deathtopumpkins

Well I am using right-hand drive, and those are traffic generators, which I plopped to show how cars won't use those stretches of road.
I'm hoping someone from the NAM team will check this thread, as it is the NAM Issues Thread.

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 06, 2008, 12:10:51 PM
I don't use the elevated OWR puzzle pieces very often, but I just built a small interchange with them, and I noticed cars wouldn't drive over parts of it. I turned the DrawPaths cheat on, and took this picture:

See my post on the previous page. :)  I really need to get that added to the FAQ, as often as it comes up. ::)

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

But I don't have the LHD plugin installed in the first place. Do I need to install part of it?

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on August 06, 2008, 01:45:59 PM
But I don't have the LHD plugin installed in the first place. Do I need to install part of it?

Yes, you do.  Some of the stuff that was supposed to be in the standard RHD files got moved over to the LHD Plugin. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

Hmm...
So what do I need to move? According to you post you linked me to I need to move the LHD plugin from the Z_LeftHandPlugin folder into the main NAM folder, but there is no Z_LeftHandPlugin folder in any subdirectory of my Plugins folder (I searched for it).  ()what()

Tarkus

You'd have to re-install the NAM (perhaps in a temporary second directory), or download the Mac version (just a .zip folder of files) and take the LHD Plugin out from there.

Hope that helps. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

deathtopumpkins

I feel like an idiot. I still don't get it.
So reinstall the NAM in a second directory, and then put that LHD Plugin into my NAM folder? And that wouldn't affect the traffic direction?

Oh, I get it now. Put the LHD Plugin into the game, as it contains the files for the missing paths, and since I don't have a LHD game, it won't affect the traffic flow, and the paths will be there!

Thanks, Alex. I'll try that next time I start the game.

Haljackey

&idea Ah Ha!  So it is just the LHD plugin and not the mod itself!  I get it too!  &idea

I have had a problem with this since the release date of the last NAM.  I was too "afraid" to install the LHD plugin because I thought it would make all my roads left hand drive!

Thanks!  And yes, Alex, you should definitely  put this in the FAQ!   :P

Best,
-Haljackey

z

What effect does MT station congestion have on traffic?  Does it simply act as a multiplier to the Transit Switch Entry Cost?  (Which may be zero, in which case MT station congestion would have no effect.)  Or does it affect traffic in other ways?

deathtopumpkins

SamJam

Not sure if the NAM team is sick of hearing about the good ol' red arrow issue, but I'll toss this in the mix anyway. I used the Cleanitol file and re-installed the NAM to get a fresh start at one point but the GLR-in-ave puzzle pieces are giving me some grief. Seems like I can plop them in spots that have a road or street connection (not that the connection itself would make much sense) but I can't plop them in the logical spots. The avenue setup I'm going for isn't set in stone and I can certainly work around it--I'm not stuck--I just thought the team might like to see it.

sim-al2

Wow.... :o  :o

Never seen that one before. ???

I think that when I go through the puzzle piece ring I can plop that one without a road connection. Perhaps you should try putting a avenue there your going first, which also allows network props to appear correctly. If that dosen't work, maybe you should empty your plugins and try it again.

EDIT: Can you delete the road after you plop that piece? or do you just have a road piece hanging out randomly?

(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")