• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebeard

Once again Andreas your on the ball.
   Now hopefully in the future we can get some Stations to match those awesome Arches.Thanx again :)

Bluebeard

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but the pic on LEX is misleading.The New Arches are for Heavy Rail not the EL but the pic shows a station connected.
   So can you use EL Stations for Heavy Rail and if not what was the reason for raising Heavy rail above ground with no stations?.Thanx

Andreas

Misleading maybe, but the station showed in the pic is a converted el-(light)-rail station that now works as el-(heavy)-rail station. ;) It will be released as soon as I have the chance to wrap up the files and add a readme.
Andreas

Bluebeard

So you built the carriage and with no horse.Have you been taking lessons from EA?.Thanx Andreas ;)

Andreas

Well, the horse is still galloping in the wilderness, waiting for a talented cowboy to tame it. I don't know if pirates have those skills as well, though. ;)
Andreas

JoeST

I dont know weather it has been pointed out before but the one way road roundabout link with road, OWR, and street isnt pathed correctly for one direction, Anticlockwise. this may be something to do with the left hand drive, it works fine Clockwise

it also appears to only be pathing 1 of the lanes of OWR on either directions

Joe

EDIT: while I have the draw path cheat on, I have noticed that the ortho Rail stop paths on road diagonals ony appear to work one way
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TopCliff

I have a complaint. It's an odd one too. Normally, loading a city tile for me takes around, oh, ten to fifteen minutes. Right now, immediately after I downloaded it, it's going on forty minutes load time. How on Earth is that happening? I mean, how could one modification add half an hour to a load time?
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Bluebeard

TopCliff you ain't alone.
   I can do a load of wash and get a cup of coffee before the game is up and running.But I'm a download junkie so it's my own damn fault and I ain't got no plans to stop downloading. :thumbsup:

TopCliff

Maybe you're right. After all, I doubt those 14.7 gigs of plugins are helping much either.  :P It took longer to load the tile than it did to start the game, sit in the massage chair for twenty minutes, AND have two chili cheese dogs. Combined. I'll find a work-around though. I always do.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Filasimo

mmmmmmm chili dogs sounds good right now mmmmmm chili dogs.....   ::drools::
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

snorrelli

Quote from: TopCliff on January 02, 2008, 12:31:26 PM
I have a complaint. It's an odd one too. Normally, loading a city tile for me takes around, oh, ten to fifteen minutes. Right now, immediately after I downloaded it, it's going on forty minutes load time. How on Earth is that happening? I mean, how could one modification add half an hour to a load time?

Have you tried DatPacker? Should make a big difference, although 14G of plugins is the most I've ever heard of, I think. :o With my 5gigs it makes the game playable again...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

TopCliff

I got down to 14 gigs with DatPacker. And then I compressed the files too. I will admit, it was worth the wait. Maybe I could free up space by getting rid of old programs I don't use anymore. After all, SimCity is on my old laptop which I don't use anything for except the game. I'd get rid of old files, but I can't find the DATs for them. I'll get rid of some things, and that may get the NAM and the game to run faster. Thanks for your help.

A200

Quote from: A200 on December 26, 2007, 01:15:28 PM
I already had it configured that way too... the euro texture mod begins with Z, and NAM begins with A, and it still doesnt work...   :'(

Thanks for your help

Sorry to sound impatient or anything, but does anyone know why this isnt working? For roadxroad intersections, It has the yellow lines unstead of the white ones that come with the Euro Texture MOD. I have the NAM beginning with A and the euro road mod beginning with Z, and I have the road turning lanes plugin installed, but it doesnt work! Is there some texture I am missing? Does anyone know?  :o  ()what()

TopCliff

I have another problem. For some reason, my GLR stations won't line up anymore with the draggable GLR. The trains won't go through the stations, and anything spawned at the stations won't leave. Just disappears. Any reason why my stations don't work anymore?

DrPepper

I can't plop the GLR peice to drag. It just stays red. Also my SAM won't work either. My roundabouts aren't ploppable either. For some odd reason they just stay red. no matter what terrain I try place it on it stays red.
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

BigSlark

DrPepper,

You have conflicting files somewhere in your plugins folder. Try running the cleanitol file included with the January 2008 NAM. If that doesn't work, save your Additional Bridges, Draggable GLR Stations patches, etc. and delete everything else in your Network Addon Mod folder. Then reinstall June 2007 NAM, then January 2008 NAM, then RHW, then SAM, finally put the Additional Bridges and GLR Station Patches back in your NAM folder.

That's what I had to do, none the less, I had some strange Beta files in my NAM folder.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers,
Kevin

SC4BOY

I have rather a minor problem. It doesn't cause an game issues, but I'm just curious if I have something wrong or this is just normal?

The FIRST MENU ITEM does nothing as far as I can tell. It will plop the first puzzle piece only and has no "tab images"

The SECOND MENU ITEM seems to work properly and has an array of puzzle pieces accessable through the tab key.

Thanks for your thoughts

ebina

SC4BOY: NAM Update includes updated version of NetworkAddonMod_Light_URail_Puzzle_Plugin.dat. I think both the old and the new are in your plugins folder, you need to remove old one. Updated file's time stamp is Dec 24th, 2007. Old version's time stamp should be June 1st, 2007 or thereabouts.

SC4BOY

Ok thanks.. that was all I needed to know..
I got a double menu on the HSR project and that was not changable, so I thought this might be the same thing, but now that I know, I'll take care of it.

minnie

Since I'm not alowed to stricken my post I editing with this remark. Pictures shown below have flaws caused by something else. I think. It is not the NAM. Please ignore this post.

...and so I have updated with the new NAM feature, start up my game and my cities and the look like this.

I obviously am missing something and I can't seem to figure out what. Or perhaps there is a conflict between something  ()what() I really don't know and would appreciate any input as to why it looks like this around the avenues and railroads and I might add only avenues and rail  %confuso

I don't use SAM.
I do use both SMP roadside brick texture as you can see and Jeronijs streetside mod and there has been no conflict before the NAM update. I removed the JRJ Sidewalks_OPTIONAL-folder to see if that would help and it didn't.
I only have the NAM and other texture/roadtextures dependancies related to dependancy list from this site, BSC Essential etc.

I hope you've had a Merry Christmas with near and loved ones and wish for prosper New Year to you all.
Minnie