• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jesters Table

Started by Diggis, June 11, 2010, 02:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smileymk

Quote from: Myself.or.? on July 08, 2010, 10:09:16 AM
So for the final it's back to supporting the referee I guess.  :(

It is for me - especially as it's an Englishman, Howard Webb.
Congrats to him and his team, they've been excellent - especially that linesman Darren Cann, who seems to actually know what offside is. Hopefully they'll continue their exemplary refereeing into the final, and make us English proud.

(Oh, Mr. Webb, if you could, umm... help Holland to win, I'd be grateful... Oh, come on! You can't want Spain to win! (Unless you're Spanish, in which case good luck).)

Realistic Cities for Dummies
Step-by-step tutorials on every single aspect of realistic city-building.

FacebookYouTube

catty

Quote from: Myself.or.? on July 08, 2010, 10:09:16 AM
...So for the final it's back to supporting the referee I guess

go the referee   &bis&
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Diggis

Well, what a set of Semis, set up for a big game and it seems even the sea life are against the poor dutch.  ::)  But the dutch are known to eat seafood raw so...  :P

Nobody got the pair there so here's where we stand:

Conner has 33 Mrtnrln has 31 and TmiguelT has 30.  It's going to take something special to knock Conner off his perch!

Connor

Quote from: Diggis on July 09, 2010, 11:05:47 AM

Conner has 33 Mrtnrln has 31 and TmiguelT has 30.  It's going to take something special to knock Conner off his perch!

Knowing my luck, that something special will almost certainly happen. Having said that, two points is still only a narrow lead, despite the fact that there are only two fixtures remaining.

Really looking forward to the final on Sunday. Great for us Brits to see an English referee doing the final.

I think Netherlands have been one of the best teams in the tournament, certainly playing better than Spain, so I'm going to be supporting the Dutch in the final.

smileymk

Quote from: Connor on July 10, 2010, 01:04:46 AM
I think Netherlands have been one of the best teams in the tournament, certainly playing better than Spain, so I'm going to be supporting the Dutch in the final.

Me too, but I can see the Spanish snatching it like they've done in the last 3 rounds...

FacebookYouTube

Diggis

Sorry about the delay guys.  Preliminary scores are in and Conner appears to be the winner with 34 ahead of Mrtnrln on 32 and Myslef.or? on 31.  I need to check the scores of the top players to make sure I didn't make any mistakes, but otherwise

CONGRATULATIONS

MandelSoft

Woohoo! 2nd place! Well, it seems I did pretty good predictions  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Diggis

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 17, 2010, 04:01:17 AM
Woohoo! 2nd place! Well, it seems I did pretty good predictions  ;)

2nd.... like the rest of your nation.  :P

tooheys

Congratulations Connor, you held on to that lead for quite a while and a well deserved victory, pending correct weight  &apls

Also, I think you will all agree that Diggis deserves a round of applause for his efforts with the scorecard  :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who participated. And I'm not sure but there may be another announcement shortly  ()what()

Dave

Myself.or.?

Well, it does look like we duplicated RL. A dutch on 2nd  :P and a german on 3rd  :'(...

Still, after a slow start I expected everything, but not to finish in the top three  ;D. I'm simply chuffed to bits  ()stsfd().

Thanks to the Mods for the work and for hosting us at the the Bar.  &apls
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

catty

Congrats to Conner and also Mrtnrln and Myself.or.?    &apls

thank you Diggis for your hard work and also thanks to the rest of the Jesters Table visitors its been fun   ;D
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Connor

Wow, I thought I might do quite well, but never expected to win!  ;D   (assuming the scores are correct of course...)

----

Quote from: tooheys on July 17, 2010, 04:10:04 AM

Also, I think you will all agree that Diggis deserves a round of applause for his efforts with the scorecard  :thumbsup:

Have to agree with that. It was really fun to participate in, and Diggis certainly deserves thanks for all his effort  &apls

Diggis

And to top it off:

World Cup Winner 2010

Should hopefully be appearing soon on your profile!

smileymk

First of all, congrats to Connor. No more years of hurt. You've done our country proud - unlike Wayne Rooney.

Secondly, thanks to tooheys and Diggis for making this happen. This was a great laugh. Pretty interesting World Cup as well (even if the favourites won undeservedly (seriously, a "victory for football?")
Can't wait for the Brazil 2014 contest!

And finally...

Quote from: Myself.or.? on July 17, 2010, 04:11:53 AM
Well, it does look like we duplicated RL. A dutch on 2nd  :P and a german on 3rd  :'(...

Apart from an Englishman winning... but that's OK.

FacebookYouTube