• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

The planes on the left seem to trapped in the corner; but they are diagonal: you've got my attention  ;D

Your TIMP2 pack brings so much detail and life to the scene...
And the multi level terminals are the icing on the top.

Maybe, your experiments lead to some future releases?? ...  ;)

fafalone

Yeah the multi-level terminals are up next.

They're mostly done actually... even have the icons made. Just have to go through and organize everything, see what's left to do, but it's like 75% done so shouldn't be too long.
It seems I lost the parent cohort  :-\

Click for full size

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: fafalone on January 29, 2017, 03:00:20 AM
Question, I see a lot of pictures with much more deep/saturated colors... are you guys applying this afterwards or is there a in-game graphics tweak I'm missing?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I usually increase the saturation in my pictures in Photoshop (and sometimes make other subtle adjustments). I imagine that one can do likewise in GIMP or any other free graphics editor.

I'm definitely loving the new options you've made available in TMIP2, and I'm really looking forward to the multi-height terminals, diagonal gates, and whatever else you're cooking up! I wonder, though, whether you've considered making large atrium-type terminal pieces? I'm currently using an el-rail station as a workaround in my latest set of terminals, but a custom BAT would be more to my liking. No worries if that's outside your interests, though.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Seaman

oh boy... *speechless* &apls

Edit:
since I am speechless, I may answer by showing my current project airport. Credit goes to Farfalone for his TMIP 1+2 and help as well as to noahclems airport in Siilijoki, which was a huge inspiration ;)

I will update when more is to see...

fafalone

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on January 31, 2017, 06:46:32 PM
Quote from: fafalone on January 29, 2017, 03:00:20 AM
Question, I see a lot of pictures with much more deep/saturated colors... are you guys applying this afterwards or is there a in-game graphics tweak I'm missing?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I usually increase the saturation in my pictures in Photoshop (and sometimes make other subtle adjustments). I imagine that one can do likewise in GIMP or any other free graphics editor.

I'm definitely loving the new options you've made available in TMIP2, and I'm really looking forward to the multi-height terminals, diagonal gates, and whatever else you're cooking up! I wonder, though, whether you've considered making large atrium-type terminal pieces? I'm currently using an el-rail station as a workaround in my latest set of terminals, but a custom BAT would be more to my liking. No worries if that's outside your interests, though.

It's not that it's outside my interest, but it is outside my abilities. Never learned how to do 3d modeling beyond the very most basic of stuff, and even for that not for SC4. Have always been meaning to... but back in the early days there were so many talented people constantly posting amazing stuff, then later when I got into making content with SCAG the others guys in the group did the modeling... my plate was always extremely full not just with my own projects, but designing and modding the lots for the latest set of planes too.

Seaman

Dusting off and almost doubleposting. I am, although non-continous, working on this for almost 2 years now. It's astonishing how some of you can pull something like this off in just a couple of weeks! Anyway, here's an update to my airport:

I did some polishing with flora ploppables, reworked the parking area, build a provisorial cargo area and much more. Here's an overview:

Here's the regional terminal. I really like the idea, Noahclem had with his Siilijoki airport. I tryed to improve his setup in the way, that you can stay inside the highway loop. By this, you can go from departure to parking, from there to arrival or departure again and  to the international (island) terminal (via tunnel).
Outside of the airport, I want to develop some hotels, car rentals, conference centers, shopping mals etc, but I am not comfortable with the result so far.

Here's the international terminal. I've done my best to keep it as much condensed as possible. I'm happy, how I was able to sneak a functional rail station in. There are so many cool layouts there. Berlin Tegel airport and Paris CDG where my inspirations. I think, the parking building is maybe two stories too tall...

Here's the outside connection. The interchange isn't really 4-way, since both, the west- and northbound connection, are coming from the major city on the neighboring tile.

Here's the connection to the maintenace and cargo area. For both areas, I need some special LOTs I intend to create. But in the process, I ran into the problem that I need to make some additional textures (and need some more skills I am currently lacking :/). Currently, I use some existing LOTs as workaround and placeholder. A proper de-iceing area (maybe with a custom LOT sometime), for example, is on my list.

Themistokles

I really like the sunken rail station and how it is built into its environment!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

gaoting

The airport with 6 runways

Hi all.Dont know of industrial airports,lol,but think this is one,nothing fancy,but get th job don $%Grinno$%.

Terring7

I was waiting for the space shuttle to be launched in order to take a cool picture of the big SimMars spaceport I had reloted many years. The moment has come, the space shuttle was launching, and the game decided to make me a big surprise.
An airplane was taking off... while an other one was landing... while the space shuttle was launching... all at the same time! :shocked2:

This has to be the most epic picture I've taken recently.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

javiti93

Hi everone! this is my new airport: J.K. Lodstrom. Hope you like it!

Seaman

Hello Javiti

Welcome to SC4D. It seems, you've found the right place :)
That's a really nice airport. I like how you went of the grid with your layout. It looks very promising and I hope to see more ;)

Edit:
I mean: welcome in the active world of SC4D, since it seems you are a long term member/lurker :D

javiti93

Oh, thank you so much! i have a question relate to gates airport. is any possibility to have a diagonal gate?

Seaman

Quote from: javiti93 on December 24, 2018, 03:50:13 PM
Oh, thank you so much! i have a question relate to gates airport. is any possibility to have a diagonal gate?

Just a first, quick response because I am short on time:

yes, there are some diagonal gates, but they are rare and few in numbers. When I am back from holiday, I'll check wether I can point you to some of them. I am really missing more diagonal gates. The great airport teams did work on proper releases, but they went out of service just before release...

javiti93

Hello Again! I made a new airport in other map. i have to add a oher park lot and connect the avenue with the higway.

ElPhantasmo69

KARASTADT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (IATA: KSX)

Karastadt is a major city in the Federal Republic of Westria/Bundesrepublik Westereich, located in the Pacific Ocean roughly halfway between Mexico and Hawaii.

Lately Karastadt International has undergone a complete rebuild, owing to some geographical oversights. (Apparently it's not a good idea to build a runway facing a large hill; a fact lost to me until I looked at the region map and cursed) Runway 13/31 was dug up and replaced by runway 4/22. A new perimeter road and fencing were put in place and a completely new cargo terminal and private aviation ops building have been completed at bottom right.

A closer look at the terminals - international with U.S. customs pre-screening at top and left; domestic flights on the right. Ground traffic is controlled from the tower on the main body of the building. KSX isn't an overly large or busy airport, serving roughly 11.5 million passengers annually. Direct flights to major cities on all continents except Africa arrive daily.

Cathay Pacific's new fleet of A350-900's opened up KSX's first non-stop to HKG (Chek Lap Kok - Hong Kong)

Air Canada serves KSX from Vancouver (A320/737MAX8) and Toronto; this 787-8's destination.

A couple of other frequent visitors to KSX are Lufthansa's A350-900's (here in it's brand new colours) and Air New Zealand's 787-9. A Titan Airways 747-8i joins them at international terminal 2.

Westjet and Lufthansa are two other international airlines serving KSX. Westjet from Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Toronto and Lufthansa from Frankfurt. This 747-400 is on final for runway 4, just about to cross the perimeter road while one of Westjet's 787-9's holds short.

KSX has a medium-sized cargo operations field, serving Asian, Australasian and North American destinations. No direct flights to Europe are as yet in place as demand doesn't warrant a 777F on any route. KSX's location on the southwest coast of Westria puts it beyond the direct range of almost all other cargo aircraft from Europe.

An unusual sight for KSX are two chartered GTI (Atlas Air) 748F's waiting for their loadout on the apron.

Private and regional aviation are also served by KSX, albeit in a separate area from the main terminal. Low-cost regional airlines can avoid higher gate fees and bidding for slots by utilizing the private aviation terminals to the west of the cargo ops. Maintenance for all airliners are performed at the hangars seen here.

That's it for KSX! Hope you enjoyed.

figui

woow. loved that diagonal 4-22 runway!
where can i found it?
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

figui

wow. thanks!
i hadn't looked into simtropolis in a while  :-[
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

LucarioBoricua

Bringing my two most successful airport projects for the SimCity devotees to marvel at!!

Rhennus Regional Airport, Kingdom of Rota

Kingdom of Rota International Airport