• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Can someone answer a question?

Started by 05Slowbalt, August 01, 2010, 07:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Slowbalt

I am not sure if this topic is in the right area but here it is. I have my region (Western New York) I have 15 spots with citys. 3 med 1 large the rest small. I currently have 1,037,939 people. I am now having a problem that each city I build I will end up have 30,000 to 40,000 commerical jobs and only get around 10,000 people. Up to the last two cities I was having 165,000 each. Is it cause my pop is high then jobs or is there some problem that I don't know about?

Indisguise

If the game is building more COM over RES, sounds like the your region is top heavy on RES. When a region does get into high population the game sometimes wants to over build in CS (Comercial Services) as the traffic from a lot of people creates a lot of demand for it. Though there could be many differnt reasons for your issue. Taxes, pollution, EQ, health or other civic service, parks etc etc.

Though it be a bit hard to tell this as a bit more information would be needed about your region, and custom content used to be able to pin point your particular issue

Are you using any mods or special custom lots in your game that would affect demand ?

eg. the  CAM 1.0 which currently has a bug where the game double counts the RES pushing the games drives in IND and COM to almost the point where you need to build almost x2 jobs for the RES. The original game drives about  40-60% of the RES weren't part of the work force, there testing going on for the CAN 2.0 to fix this issue.

Theres a lot by Ripplejet  "Census Repository's" which will give you information about a city and a region and supply and demand, with this lot's information it might be easier to pin point your particular problem.

Thread  :

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6095.0

check the lex for the most current copy of the lot

Colossus X-rated

05Slowbalt

Thanks for the hep. I didn't know cam 1.0 did that but that mite be the reason. The demand for RES is just as high as COM. I been laying down more zones for RES. I will try to lay more COM and go from there. The only building i have downloaded are the schools, fire station, and train stations (my other hobbys). I have NAM and traffic and CAM.