• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Definately my favourite set of apartment buildings ever!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Shadow Assassin

Indeed, I agree.

It'd be nice to see some CAM versions of those buildings, otherwise they'll grow like weeds. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

When the discussion about the mega lots came up, ArkenbergeJoe developed a series of large lots that were integrated into a common theme. The idea was to provide the players with a set of lots that have similar sizes (4x5, 5x4, 5x5) in different density and stage levels. The result was a package of nine individual sets of lots, each three for low, medium and high density. With the continuous growth of a city, the low-density lots can upgrade into medium density and later high density development, just like it might happen in real life. The design of all lots are based on typical suburbs both in west and east Germany.

The first set features tree different series of lots with allotments and dachas, the second set consistes of stephenhh's 50's residential estates complexes, whereas the third set makes use of Ch. P.'s excellent pre-fab buildings that have been uploaded a few days ago. Note: Please make sure to install those as well if you want to use the Plattenbau complexes, otherwise you will get brown boxes.

SFBT Allotments by ArkenbergeJoe

SFBT Dachas by ArkenbergeJoe

SFBT Bungalows by ArkenbergeJoe

SFBT 50's Residential Estates by ArkenbergeJoe and stephenhh

SFBT 50's Residential Estates diagonal by ArkenbergeJoe and stephenhh

SFBT 50's Residential Estates Hamburg-Wandsbek by ArkenbergeJoe and stephenhh

SFBT Plattenbauten Lowrise Complex by ArkenbergeJoe and Ch. P.

SFBT Plattenbauten Midrise Complex by ArkenbergeJoe and Ch. P.

SFBT Plattenbauten Highrise Complex by ArkenbergeJoe and Ch. P.

Andreas

jmyers2043

My compliments to ArkenbergeJoe. These lots are Superb!  A lot of attention to small details. Such as the play areas as well as the paths. I like the small colorful homes in that second picture.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

capo

Im sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm confused. I already have the residential astates buildings for a mega lot from the STEX. Are these updates? Should I reinstall them?

They look awesome in-game though, we also have plenty of these monsters in the Netherlands :)

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Andreas

The lots are basically the same as the ones from the STEX, the only thing that has changed is the installation path (they were a bit messy so I sorted them out), and the lots now feature some BTE occupant groups that can serve as a trigger for future rewards etc. Also updated are the LTEXT files with the names and the installers, they feature both German and English captions now. There's no need to upgrade them if you already have the version from the STEX, though.
Andreas

Andreas

Today's uploads are a mixed bag of old and new residential buildings, some are well-known, and some of them haven't been released to the English community before.

Von Purand House by Ch. P.

This was the very first BAT attempt from Ch. P., BATter of the well-known SFBT Pre-Fab buildings. Although the saturation of the textures is a bit high, it turned out quite well. The description text in the readme file is obviously a parody of the typical real-estate agency flyers. ;)

HaDiKo Dormitory by Spocky

The HaDiKo dormitory is a dormitory building of the Hans-Dickmann-Kolleg (college) in Karlsruhe, Germany. It it somewhat unique since the students administer the whole building themselves, and they also set up their own fiber optics high-speed network. Apart from a growable R-$ version, the download also contains a ploppable library version, which could serve as a nice educational supplement for any college campus.

Punkthaus by Spocky

The Punkthaus (literally translated "dot house", meaning that several flats are grouped around a central core with stairs and elevators) was created after a real-life counterpart in Spocky's hometown Plauen, Germany. It was built in the 70's and renovated in the 90's, now featuring a blue-ish glass facade. For some more variety, a red and a yellow version is included as well.

Brause Apartments by Stolloss

The Brause Apartments don't have a fancy architecture and are intended as a filler for mid- to highrise developments. One of the lots features storefront props at the ground floor to simulate some small stores, as it is common in many parts of the world.

NVG Towers by Stolloss

Apart from many Hong Kong/Asia BAT Team highrises, R-$$ towers are somewhat rare to find, therefore, Stollos created a typical highrise like it could be found in many cities throughout Germany and other parts of Europe. There are three color variants included, the game will select between them automatically whenever an NVG Tower lot is growing.

Stollhouse by Stolloss

European homes tend to be a bit more colorful than their US counterparts, and single family detached homes like the Stollhouse can be found basically everywhere in Germany. The download contains six different color variants which will be randomly chosen by the game - for your convenience, we placed the pink model in a separate DAT file, so you can remove it if you can't stand pink. ;) All color variants feature two different building models, so the set contains a total of twelve different buildings that grow on three different lot sizes.

Andreas

Adept2Rock

Good BATS!!! I love the Punkthaus by Spocky!!!I imagine there in my city! :thumbsup:
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

vester

Thanks for bring all these great BATs to the Devotion.  &apls

Starmanw402007

I agree, those bats are Outstanding. Just Keep Up the Great Work! :)

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxstion
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!).
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Andreas

SFBT Park Set Sand Paths by Khiyana

Khiyana is one of the newest SFBT members, but she already set the bar higher by creating a wonderful new park set that spreads over more than 30 different lots. Although there are quite a few park sets out there already, this is different from the others and features some fresh ideas that I haven't seen so far, such as integrated parking lots, a nice chess game, and transition lots between other park sets and the in-game streets. I think it's the most dependency-intensive SFBT creation so far, but nearly all dependencies are well-known, and as an avid BSC fan, you should have installed them anyway.

Andreas

capo

I just noticed it on the LEX, that will be a must download for me!

But the reason I'm posting here is because of 2 other SFBT releases. In my MD I've been using the SFBT feldwege and asphaltwege from your German SFBT site. I have had a lot (and I do really mean a lot) questions about where I got these from. I don't know if you are the creator Andreas, but if you are..I think you would please a lot of SC4Devotionists with uploading these two wege files on the LEX as well. They truly are excellent, like all the rest of the SFBT work! Thanks to many SFBT creations I could create a medieval MD, so I thank you!

Just a suggestion, I hope you could think about it. Until then I will continue to redirect people to the SFBT site :)

Keep up the good work!!

Andreas

The Feldwege and Asphaltwege have been created by T Wrecks, and can be found here and here, respectively. I already asked T Wrecks for a translation, but he's rather busy with RL at the moment, so it won't happen too soon. However, he's willing to translate them, once he has some more time, and then I will upload them to the LEX as well. The readme file is rather extensive, that's why it takes a bit longer than usual, and I don't exactly have loads of free time as well, otherwise I'd do it myself. ;)
Andreas

capo

Thanks for your reply Andreas, it's good to hear that their release was already planned on the LEX. Time...ah if only my German would have been better (I always scored a 3 out of 10 in high school on german) I would have offered to translate the read me. I've been enjoying many of the creations from simcityplaza.de, many of which I hope to see on the LEX some day..

Would you be so kind to forward my compliments to T wrecks? I've been looking at the feldwege in LE, man...that must have been quite some work placing every stone!!!

LoneRanger

Adreas: if it's ok with you I will translate that text to English, I have some time to spare.  ;)
I can have it ready by tomorrow afternoon for sure or maybe tonight even.
It's a small thing in return to all the SFBT lot's that are in my city's.  :thumbsup:

Let me know.

Andreas

If you want to give it a try, please go ahead. :) Just one thing: Don't use Word as HTML editor, it will screw up the files beyond repair. When you're done, send the files to andreas (at) simcityplaza (dot) de.
Andreas

LoneRanger

Andreas: A slight missunderstanding perhaps, I can translate [German->Dutch->Englisch] but my html skills are non excistant.  :(
I'm a quick learner *cough* but I'm sure I can't make an official readme within 24 hours.  $%Grinno$%

Andreas

Never mind, just copy the text and send me a text file instead. :) You only need to translate the description, the rest is the same in most readme files anyway, so I can simply copy it from somewhere else (as a matter of fact, I do that all the time  :P ).
Andreas

Andreas

SFBT Signalboxes by Spocky

Back in 2004, Spocky, one of the SFBT members, started BATting, and among his very first BATs were two small signalboxes, like they are common along a railway line for controlling switches and signals. Today, modern technology is controlling the railway equipment, but back in the old days, signalmen were in charge of this task, and quite often, they lived in a small house, right next to a railway crossing. Recently, Spocky created a third house, the signalman's house, which is an abandoned shed that fits in very well in any rural settings. I updated the lots of the two other BATs, which haven't been released in the English community so far. Some of the images below still show the old lots, so have a look at the new ones in the game. :)

Andreas

Andreas

SFBT Bus Stops by Khiyana

There are many different bus stops out there for SC4, but I guess everyone agrees with me that the variety of different bus stops in real life is astounding, ranging from a simple sign to large bus yards with extensive shelters, waiting rooms and whatnot. Khiyana created a bus shelter model that looks a lot like those concrete shelters that were put up in the 60's and 70's in Germany, and most likely in the rest of the world as well. They collected some dirt, and maybe also moss on the roof, usually have ads attached to the shelter, and sometimes also feature a ticket vending machine.

These two lots were mainly intended for the proper looks of a Plattenbau quarter, but they will fit in nicely in a variety of other occasions as well. One lot has a dirt patch behind the shelter, "decorated" with some trash, while the other use the in-game sidewalk texture for a more urban setting. Both the bus stop shelter and the sign have been assigned to prop families, so each time you plop a lot, it will look a bit different.

Andreas