• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diggis Contemplates BAT

Started by Diggis, June 23, 2008, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

OK, I've been putting this off for a while now, but have been told I really have to start a thread of my work here... :'(

So with Lee looking at rerendering SGs canals for a 2nd time I decided I would like a stream set to match with it.  After much pleading and begging Lee reluctantly let me have the textures he's using so I've been playing over the weekend.

Early prototype:

The Lee decided to change his texture and I added some random sets:

And today I got really busy:

I've done the basic ground work, although am going to add some grasses and reeds to the banks once chris and I sort out selves out.  Next up is single tile streams and some transitions.

Meastro444

sooo, youre in the BSC now? gratz ;).

it looks good, thought the water might have a bit more 'texture' in it, something more like Peg's streams ;)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on June 23, 2008, 01:07:43 PM
After much pleading and begging Lee reluctantly let me have the textures he's using so I've been playing over the weekend.

If I recall it was "gimme your textures"  :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

vab423

"How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"

"Practice, practice, practice."

The water's a little flat, but you're off to a good start.   Can't wait to see your progress.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

JoeST

hey Diggis, coool

sweeet

etc etc..

looking very sexyfull in here

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

paroch

Hey Shaun, you're a man of many talents.

They look good there, I'm liking them already.

If you need any testing or lotting assistance, just shout.

Paul

XiahouDun

Looks very good ;D I would definately use them :thumbsup:
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

callagrafx

Quote from: vab423 on June 23, 2008, 01:54:00 PM
The water's a little flat, but you're off to a good start.   Can't wait to see your progress.

Calm day, I guess  :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

vab423

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

threestooges

It looks like you're off to a good start Shaun. Also, I hadn't heard that you were in the BSC. Congratulations on that. I'll agree with the others about the 'smoothness' of the water, but it's looking prettygood so far. If I may, I would recommend diagonal pieces if possible. If you will be teaming up with Chris and his RRP flora, the banks will surely be grand. Lastly, do you plan on a PW/TPW piece of the same texture? Excellent work, and I'll be keeping an eye out for your next venture.
-Matt

Heblem

Shaun how about to make that sand texture a bit darker and probably it could fit with the water texture, just an idea...

Excellent work btw

Godzillaman

The water looks too dark, like a black hole in the city...:P...keep playing with it a bit.
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

Diggis

Thanks for you messages of Support.  Yes, I've been in the BSC for a while, helping a little here and there behind the scenes, particularly with the DAMN, and a little testing.  But this is my first project on my own. (albiet with tons of help, but thats the we're all about here right?  ;) )  I'm also working closely with the NUTs team on some stuff too, which you may have seen here and there.  More coming I promise, and I'll show some of the less sensitive ;) stuff here.

I'm not going to reply to each and everyone this time, as they are almost all the same question.  :D  The water should match Lee's canals, although we haven't tested that yet.  ;D  I plan to add a little more texture to it, plus there is a sparkle effect in the game I'll add on which will help.

Matt:  I'll initially do a set without diagonals, but will add some wide corners to it.  But I'll be looking into diagonals at some point hopefully.  Not sure about the TPW, but may be able to sort something with Chris there.  And yeah need to work on the banks a little

Heblem:  It's supposed to be gravel banks, and I think having some flora there will help.  I'm also planning a few with sandy beaches for variety.

CasperVg

It looks really good indeed  ;D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Diggis

OK, with much thanks to the efforts of Chris Adams I have a working set done...

Wide shot...

Close up of the banks...

And of the pond...

There are some LOD issues still to be worked out, but on the whole getting there.  I will be doing some wider corners, 2x2 and also some 3x1 and 3x2 edge pieces to break the edge up.  But I'm happy with how these have worked out.

JoeST

that looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Chrisadams3997

Great job Shaun,

I really like the improved bank lines, and not just the flora, but also the rocks.  The opacity of the water also seems just perfect.  If I were to make a suggestion, it would be for an addition, perhaps some 2x2 inner and outer curves for ponds for a smoother bank line.

Chris

Diggis

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on July 07, 2008, 12:22:40 AM
Great job Shaun,

I really like the improved bank lines, and not just the flora, but also the rocks.  The opacity of the water also seems just perfect.  If I were to make a suggestion, it would be for an addition, perhaps some 2x2 inner and outer curves for ponds for a smoother bank line.

Chris

Quote from: Diggis on July 06, 2008, 03:40:14 PM
There are some LOD issues still to be worked out, but on the whole getting there.  I will be doing some wider corners, 2x2 and also some 3x1 and 3x2 edge pieces to break the edge up.  But I'm happy with how these have worked out.

:D :D :D

Unassigned

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination