• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bliss - Goodbye

Started by Russell, April 25, 2007, 02:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell

The regime, here represented by the famous statue known as Mother Regime, welcomes you to the totalitarian city of Bliss...

...where architects use the same blueprints over and over again, a favour granted upon them by the regime, since it spares the city and its population the danger of being confused by too much architectural variety...

...which is clearly visible in this delightfully monotonous flow of rowhouses...

...some of which Mother Regime watches over at night...

...while a smokestack from an underground crematorium lights up like a candle, consuming the remains of those who have perished during the day in the industries where the citizens of Bliss slave away endlessly, without a single holiday in sight...

...unless, of course, a holiday means a visit to a museum or a library, like these three of a distinct chinese character, where past, present and future history of the regime takes shape in numerous displays of glorious propaganda.

M4346

Wow what a morbid place to live, and what a great way to present it! :P

I like it! In a sick and twisted kind of way...  :P

Will there be more? ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Russell

M4346, the regime thanks you for being the first to comment, and says that more is to come.

M4346

Oooh! You're scaring me! :P Just joking of course. :D Looking forward to more then, and welcome to SC4D MD-land. ;D Say hi to the regime from me! :P
New Horizons Productions

Gaston

We like this MD as well.       Such an uninspiring place.    Exactly what people need.     Sameness.     This eliminates the stress of thinking about being different.   People will be much happier this way.   Wether they like it or not.    ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Shadow Assassin

Ah, yes.

It appeals to the sheep within us.  :D
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Russell

Gaston: uninspiring? This? What could possibly be more inspiring than residing in a lofty city like this:

And Shadow Assassin, the people of Bliss are basically nothing more than sheep. At least that is what the regime considers them to be.

rooker1

Wow......great pictures and very nicely built up city.  So many different things to look at.  Very nice layout and great choice in bats.  Love the smoke tower.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Russell

Thankyou, Rooker1, your comments are greatly appreciated. A lot of thought has gone in to the layout of this city, and all the bats have been carefully selected in accordance with the fastidious taste of the regime. And as you can see in this picture, there is room for much, much more.

Pat

Eh it is good Russell, the tour tended to put me to sleep alittle with all that is same except i did wake up a little around the creamatory that was intresting! (all sarcaszim aside)  Good job here and i will for sure be back to sleep again - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Looking good, Russell! I think you've got something good going here with the backstory about the totalitarian regime, and I especially like how you've named it "Bliss." Very clever! I'll be looking forward to more!

Tarkus

Wow . . . now this is a really unusual MD--this is quite Orwellian and Wachowskian.  Rather unsettling. :D  And yes, the name is very ironic.   ;)  Looks like you're quite a city builder, Russell, and I like the fact that you are, in a very creative way, commenting on the whole "no repeated buildings" mantra that many MD/CJ authors follow.  Good usage of the canals as well.

I await what the "regime" ??? has in store . . .

Superb job!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Flipside

The Regime seems to have delivered economic prosperity to its citizens ... err, sheep ... rare, for totalitarianism.  ;)

Nice start.  ;D

Emperor Stormont

Fantastic start to your MD and welcome.

I love the look of this city, the mix of styles and the way you have created a very dense city. It looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop, great work  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Russell

Thank you for those nice comments, patfirefghtr, thundercrack83, Tarkus, Flipside and belfastuniguy - they will be used in regime propaganda to convince the people of Bliss that they are living in the best of cities.

Meanwhile, night falls over Bliss...

...and people realize to their delight that the regime has decided to satisfy their demands for a park with a nice, warm, cozy tirefire.

Emperor Stormont

LOL....I love the fact my words will now be used to force the people to believe their city is fabulous.

I have my marshmallows and gasmask (for the fumes..of course) ready for that lovely inviting fire.  $%Grinno$%

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Russell

Oddly enough, and not according to plans, the tirefire did not turn out to be the successful place for rest and relaxation that the regime had hoped it would be, so it was therefore removed and replaced by housing, and to compensate, this park was constructed - however, it is locked and garded by the secret police and not available for public use, since parks are regarded by the regime to be nothing more than breeding grounds for laziness and immoral activities in the bushes.

M4346

Hahahaha! God you have a weird sense of humour! Or, uhm, is this not meant to be funny?

It is rather Orwelian (you took the words out of my mouth Tarkus), with a pinch of satire and sarcasm even! I love it

Beautiful park, and best you keep those citizens out of there lest they ruin it, or worse, enjoy it! :D
New Horizons Productions

Russell

Thank you, M4346, and yes, it is meant to be funny, in a strange kind of way, and I'm glad you enjoy it :)

rooker1

Very funny and great pictures!!

Robin   :D
Call me Robin, please.