• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiFlo

@ MutantPlatypus
This happens to me from times to times, only with certain lots. However, I've never had any problem damning the entire RTMT, including that Addon pack. I'd gladly send you mine, if only I knew what to look for in the "zzz_DAMN Remove" folder. Which leads to my question:

I'd like to make some DAMNed lots available again in the game menus, and eventually completely remove them from the DAMN. The problem is that, as far as I can tell, the file created in "zzz_DAMN Remove" doesn't have the same name as the one that is in "DAMN\Root". That is of course using the default method to create DAMN menus. Is there any way to sort that out?

MutantPlatypus

@TiFlo
Thanks, but the addon pack comes with the RTMT DAMNed already.  It just doesn't hide the lots, which is what I'm looking for.  If you use iLives reader, you can check the .dats in the zzz_DAMNRemove folder and use that to delete lots from those dats.  How come you can't just use the SSPTool to remove the lots from the DAMN menu?

@Z and DJP
I'm running SSPTool just fine on Windows7 Pro x64.  The .bat command should work as long as any JVM is in the PATH environment variable.  Sounds to me like DJP just forgot to reinstall Java altogether.  Are you sure its installed?

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

ScottFTL

Quote from: MutantPlatypus on August 04, 2010, 07:20:49 PM
@TiFlo  Thanks, but the addon pack comes with the RTMT DAMNed already.  It just doesn't hide the lots, which is what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure if the DAMN set included with the RTMT was designed to hide the lots or not.  I'd recommend that you create your own DAMN menu for RTMT, then the lots will be properly hidden.  It's a fairly quick process, plus you can customize the DAMN menu to your preferences.

z

Quote from: ScottFTL on August 04, 2010, 09:44:06 PM
I'm not sure if the DAMN set included with the RTMT was designed to hide the lots or not.

It wasn't; instead, the menus were placed very far down in the Misc Transit menu, so that they shouldn't conflict with other menu items.

QuoteI'd recommend that you create your own DAMN menu for RTMT, then the lots will be properly hidden.  It's a fairly quick process, plus you can customize the DAMN menu to your preferences.

I would recommend this as well; I think it's the easiest way to get what you want.

Stefan79

Hi together,
good news:

1. I've updated and released the new SSPTool Version 2.2.0 as the new main program for my further plugins.
This version doesn't contain any plugins but it simply the base for the plugins which you can install from inside the program. (You have to download the plugins before, of course.)

2. I've released a new version of the DAMN plugin: 2.0.6 with many improvements and a very early not finished User's Guide.

3. My second plugin an easy to handle Lot-Editor is nearly finished for release...

You can download them from LEX and Sourceforge.

Regards,
Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

TiFlo

Great news, thank you so much!

Are DAMN menus created under SSPTool 2.0.4 compatible with that new version?

Stefan79

Hi TiFlo,

yes, old DAMN menus are compatible with this new version.

Internal the menus will be automatically updated to the newest version, when they are modified or new created but it is no need to create all DAMN menus again.
The only thing that may occur is mentioned in the User's Guide of DAMN plugin.

Regards,
Stefan

TiFlo

Excellent. Thank you again for the work you did and the time you spent polishing this amazing tool!

I just ran a checkup of my /root folder, it currently holds over 240 files, in pretty much as many folders. This is a life saver when playing, and a powerful beast to take care of my plugins organization.  &apls

shanghai kid

I love this new version &apls. I've used v2.0.4 a couple of days now and it's much better then the old one as i can put more files in different damn folders without having to restart for eack plugins folder :thumbsup: &apls &apls.

1 question though, on v2.0.6. what is the "Create A Network Lot" button in "Damn Menu Lots" for? or is this for the upcomming "Lot Editor"?
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Stefan79

@shanghai kid:

With the button Create a Network Lot it is possible to add an network button to the DAMN Menu which is in the normal SimCity Menu.
So you can plop Road, Rail and some more from the DAMN Menu instead of switching between DAMN and normal Menu.
But for this you have to know the ButtonID of the Network lot. You can download a list of SimCity and NAM ID from Sourceforge-SSPTool-Misc-SC4Network.zip & NAM.zip and
read the rul/txt file from the upcoming dialog when you click on "Create a Network Lot".

Stefan

shanghai kid

ahh, thanks for the info @Stefan.
Sins the network buttons isn't that hugely fillled besides Nam, as i damn most other lots anyways, i don't think i need to use this, but it's nice to know i can use it that way though :thumbsup:
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

MutantPlatypus

Hey Stefan, nice work on DBPF4J!  Its working really well.  I've updated it to perform a little better and have a more standard design. (For example, I used enums instead of ints, and in several places, you return a special value instead of throwing an exception)  If you like, I can give you the updated source code, but I'd like the source to SSPTool to make sure the updates to DBPF4J and DBPF4J-Ext work with it, and to update SSPTool if necessary.  I'd love to help with this project, as I'm making a tool that relies on DBPF4J and so would love to improve DBPF4J, and possibly have my tool act as a plugin for SSPTool.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

TiFlo

All right, I'm having a bit of trouble here.

I had checked the "Use one Dat file for each menu for hiding" option, so I wouldn't have thousands of new dat files created in my "zzz_DAMN Remove" folder. However, as I said earlier (my mistake though for saying this was with the default option), those dat files in the "Remove folder" don't match those from the "DAMN/Root" folder. So if I want to make some DAMNed files available again in the regular menus, I have no idea what to look for (except to check every single file with the lot editor, but this is quite cumbersome).

Thus I decided I'd just reorganize everything from the ground.

So what I did is I deleted the entire "zzz_DAMN Remove" folder, lauched the SSPTool, wnet into "DAMN manager", opened up each one of my DAMNed menus, selected all files in each, clicked on "Hide selected lots" then "Apply", then clicked "Next". At the end of the process, a new dat file was created in "zzz_DAMN Remove" for each DAMN menu. So far, so good. The problem is that every one of these new files is only 96 octets big (as opposed to between 10-300Ko depending on the size of the DAMNed menu). Of course, once in game, nothing is hidden.

Is there any way I could just get the software to recreate proper hidden menus files without having to start from 0 in my "Root" folder as well? I also tried the different options available in "DAMN Extras", without results.

Thank you for your help  :)

usfwoody

Hi all,

I am trying to install SSPTool and DAMN plugin and still I don't have any DAMN menus.  I have looked and looked and haven't really found any sort of guide or tutorial on how to implement DAMN menus.  I will (attempt to) add 2 screen shots to show you what I see now that I have installed SSPTool and DAMN plugin.  First, some relevant info:

Windows 7 (I set full control for systems permission)

Right now I have SSPTool located: C:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop\New folder

I am running: SSPTool 2.2.0 - with DAMN plugin by Stefan79

This is all I see with SSPTool.  File only has 'exit' Tools has 'options' 'install plugins'  Help has the usual

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVdOeBi

And here is the 'options' info:

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVdOjAA

TiFlo

@ usfwoody,

Paeng just made a great walk through topic on how to set up  and use the SSPTool with the DAMN plugin over at Simpeg. Look for his posts through the topic.

editfish

Awesome, thanks for the link   &apls

Quote from: TiFlo on August 20, 2010, 09:15:21 PM
@ usfwoody,

Paeng just made a great walk through topic on how to set up  and use the SSPTool with the DAMN plugin over at Simpeg. Look for his posts through the topic.

Stefan79

Hi together,

short information about install, which is easier than before (since 2.2.0):
- Download and install (unzip) the SSPTool_Complete.zip to your wish folder
- Download SSPTool-DAMN Plugin, you don't need to unzip or something else, just remember where you download it
- Start SSPTool (SSPTool.bat inside the installed folder)
- Select Tool - Install Plugin; choose the SSPTool-DAMN Plugin ZIP file and press OK; this will install the plugin to the correct folder
- Restart SSPTool to take the install effect, now a menu called Plugins and the DAMN plugin itself should appear
- Press Install DAMN in the lower left corner of the DAMN plugin to install DAMN; choose the options to your needs
- Now you can start the DAMN Manager and manages your DAMN
(Remark: I will add the install, configure and manage things to the help file which can be found under Help - User's Guide soon.)

Regards,
Stefan

usfwoody

Ok, a few things.

1: SSPTool/DAMN Rules!  I finally got it to work and oh man, its heaven.  My original menus were just awfully long and disjointed.  Now, they will become neat and tidy.  Yay!

2:  It appears that SOMY lots are not compatible with SSPTool/DAMN.  When I try to add them, the program gets stuck.  I think what the problem might be is that in SOMY's lot files, he may have used characters that are not compatible with English users, as there are a number of ##### in each file name.  I believe this to be the issue.  Perhaps someone has run into this and has a work around?

And finally, Stefan79, you owe me a new hard drive, because now I that I can use the DAMN menus and organize all the wonderful BATS/LOTS from SC4 users, I cannot stop downloading files.   :thumbsup:

Rady

Stefan,

one remark regarding the new version. It seems I cannot change the item description now? After adding items to an custom menu, I would like to change the description (whixh is neccessary for some lots where the icon doesn't resemble the actual lot, e.g. with pathway pieces). However, I cannot find a way to save those changes. After deselecting and reselecting that item, the original description is in place again.

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

TiFlo

Quote from: usfwoody on August 21, 2010, 07:48:39 PM
2:  It appears that SOMY lots are not compatible with SSPTool/DAMN.  When I try to add them, the program gets stuck.  I think what the problem might be is that in SOMY's lot files, he may have used characters that are not compatible with English users, as there are a number of ##### in each file name.  I believe this to be the issue.  Perhaps someone has run into this and has a work around?

I've encountered the same problem with SOMY lots, but have never managed to find a solution.