• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 04, 2019, 08:58:23 PM
So I'm not sure what's been going on with the REW under the hood but it sounds like trouble...

It definitely threw us a curveball, for certain.

Regarding the Maxis Highway Overide/"Project Symphony" side of things, the one planned addition there for the immediate future is Draggable Ramp Interfaces.  Beyond the things mgb204 mentioned, things are kind of a question mark with that project right now. 

The MHO was originally intended primarily just to allow the MHW networks to interact with the RHW's modular interchange capabilities, not to operate on the same pre-fab basis as the default MHW, but Maarten (MandelSoft) decided to whip up a couple of them (the Roundabout Interchange and the T-Interchange), as a sort of test.  The fact that the RHW is now getting pre-fabs (QuickChange Xpress) makes the MHO's status a little bit uncertain. 

We're going to have to evaluate what the user feedback is after the RHW pre-fabs are released, to determine what all should be done with the MHO and the Maxis Highways going forward.  There is still a chance the QuickChange Xpress Diamond Interchanges debut in NAM 37, but it'll depend on how development goes on them in the immediate future.

Also, this thread is starting to turn more into general NAM Development discussion rather than bug reporting, so it may be good to change venue to either the main NAM: Development thread, or the related project thread in NAM Creations for further exploration of these concepts.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Left a post in the NAM Development thread.

While I'm here, I'll report that I seem to be getting Euro textures on some pieces, mostly ramp interfaces. I'll have to go back and see which ones are having the issue.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

mgb204

Quote from: Alan_Waters on March 04, 2019, 10:49:11 AM
MHW connects well with RHW, but there are very few intersections, and those that are present are intersections, in a roundabout, even in the original MHW, there are more intersection options.  :crytissue:

Alex (Tarkus) has pretty much explained things in that respect, but I'll just add to that a little. The MHO was never intended to include such "automatic" interchanges. If you are hoping for those, I respectfully suggest you've misunderstood the purpose of the mod. The idea is that it connects into the MIS system of RHW, so you can make any interchange you like.

Whilst the QCX interchanges might be worth porting to MHO, they would in effect be exactly the same pieces as you'd get using the MIS system. Of course the benefit being that these are a plop and go affair, hence why there may be some merit in adding them specifically for MHO. After all the same is true for RHW and that hasn't stopped development of QCX. Although, in the first instance the priority is making them for the RHW networks. Not to mention, since MHO transitions cleanly to RHW-4, it could be argued that it's better to simply place the RHW version, then transition back to MHO on either side of that. Since it saves having to add more code/items into the game. Certainly after the first release of QCX, I think that would be the suggested work-around.

anthonym0813

Hello,  has anyone else come across this issue with the flex fly ramps?  If so, any ideas on how I could fix them would be much appreciated!

Seaman

Quote from: anthonym0813 on March 06, 2019, 01:36:26 AM
Hello,  has anyone else come across this issue with the flex fly ramps?  If so, any ideas on how I could fix them would be much appreciated!

Hello anthonym0813 and welcome to SC4D.

I'm pretty sure this setup works perfectly. Here are some things you could try to solve this. Use the RHW-Disconnector tool (in the highway menue) to delete the  tile with the misplaced stub. After that, just place the same RHW flyover piece on top of the old. This should fill the gap and give you a working setup.
A second approach would be to bulldoze the flyover and build it again.

In case this does not solve it, please post here again and someone will have a closer look on it.

anthonym0813

Quote from: Seaman on March 06, 2019, 10:21:06 AM
Quote from: anthonym0813 on March 06, 2019, 01:36:26 AM

Hello anthonym0813 and welcome to SC4D.

I'm pretty sure this setup works perfectly. Here are some things you could try to solve this. Use the RHW-Disconnector tool (in the highway menue) to delete the  tile with the misplaced stub. After that, just place the same RHW flyover piece on top of the old. This should fill the gap and give you a working setup.
A second approach would be to bulldoze the flyover and build it again.

In case this does not solve it, please post here again and someone will have a closer look on it.

Hi Seaman thank you for the welcome and the response!  I tried your recommendation and unfortunately, I got the same result.  I have provided another attachment of the various flex ramps to show they are all having the same issues.  I have also tried reinstalling NAM with the same results. 

Tarkus

That's the first time I've seen that.  It looks like you somehow ended up not getting some of the override code for the FLEXFly setups.  I'm not sure exactly how that happened, but I'd try re-installing the NAM.  I would do it right over your existing install—don't delete/remove what you have in place now.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

A good idea would also be to tell us exactly what you install, as the installer could be messing something up based on a very specific configuration.

anthonym0813

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 07, 2019, 01:02:07 AM
A good idea would also be to tell us exactly what you install, as the installer could be messing something up based on a very specific configuration.

Quote from: Tarkus on March 06, 2019, 10:00:08 PM
That's the first time I've seen that.  It looks like you somehow ended up not getting some of the override code for the FLEXFly setups.  I'm not sure exactly how that happened, but I'd try re-installing the NAM.  I would do it right over your existing install—don't delete/remove what you have in place now.

-Alex

For simplicity, I tried re-installing the NAM with the complete standard installation package and am still seeing the same problem with the flex fly ramps I mentioned previously. 

anthonym0813

I removed all items from my plugin folder except for the NAM files and am no longer seeing the issue.  So it appears something in my plugin folder is breaking these flex fly ramps.  Does anyone know of any files out there I could cone in on that may be interfering with NAM flex fly ramps? 

anthonym0813

Ok guys I think I fixed this problem!  I went through my plugins folder and actually found a real highway mod folder outside of the NAM folder.  I removed this from my plugins and tested and now the flex fly ramps are working normally!  Not sure how the file ended up their originally but glad it is now working.  I appreciate everyone's help and feedback!

eldaldo

Not specifically about NAM itself, but about the NAM diagonal bridge enabler.  I am getting this weird issue where there are trains on the road and rail bridges I make.  I have never seen this before . . . Did I do something wrong?

Wiimeiser

Looks like a prop or model conflict. I have something similar with the Twilight Town Station it appears...

Tarkus

It looks as if there may be some sort of train prop (or less likely, automata) set you have installed that has the same IID as part of the railing used on the undertruss DBE bridges.  That railing is, as best I can tell, placed on there as a prop via T21.  It appears the IIDs for the undertrusses are 0x11990430, 0x119A0430, 0x119B0430, and 0x119C0430, so the trains likely have some of the same IIDs.  It's quite likely they're a prop family. 

I'm not super up on train props, and my attempts to search out those IIDs via the Prop Family Index and forum searches did not turn up any leads as to whose they might be.  If it is indeed a Prop Family as suspected, the IID was likely chosen out of thin air (possibly placing it pre-2006) from all appearances.

-Alex

fantozzi

Aren't those rivit's 1950 trains? If so maybe they aren't the latest version from 2018? So I would recommend to redownload and reinstall them.

http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/rivit_german.html#download OLDER
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21180-1950s-german-trains/ NEWER

eldaldo

That was it! Installed the new version and diagonal bridges work again!  It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people here are able to identify and suggest solutions to the crazy bugs that people get.  I'll admit, this one had me completely stumped.  I was getting ready to go through my plugins folder one mod at a time . . . . I had no idea there was even a new version of those trains.  Thanks Wiimeiser, Tarkus, and fantozzi!

Mac Bakunin

Alright, did my best to search the thousands of posts. . . and don't think this has been mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I am getting a CTD when I hover over a Tram in Avenue piece with a variety of NAM pieces. Moving the cursor to where the other piece is adjacent to the Tram in Avenue won't do it - just passing over it.. So far it has CTD while trying to use the standard Tram in Ave piece, Ave over RHW, and a couple of others. Ideas? Running SC4 Deluxe (Steam).

Tarkus

Is the piece you're hovering by chance in the vicinity of a station or other Transit-Enabled Lot?  If so, that's the infamous Puzzle Piece/TE Lot CTD, which, for a very long time, was considered completely unfixable (.exe-level issue), but simmaster07's SC4Fix.dll file actually solved it (and the infamous Prop Pox issue as well).  You can find it here.

-Alex

Mac Bakunin

hakki

Hello,

I have these visual issues with euro textures, where regional transport view isn't showing RHW-6S at all and any diagonal section of any RHW wider than RHW-4 isn't showing either. In a city at zoom level 1, RHW-6S textures are not showing in slopes when viewed from uphill to downhill direction. I've tried Standard Euro, Hamburg and Euro Single Solid Line styles and this happens with all of them. I also tried installing only NAM in an otherwise empty plugins folder and using a fresh region and city tile. With Retextured Standard (American) style the region view looks fine and the textures aren't disappearing in slopes.