• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TheTeaCats Concoctions

Started by TheTeaCat, October 16, 2008, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High5Tower

Beautiful layouts. Maybe some larger lot sizes since I remember farm life spread out more, after all we are out in the country. My uncle had a 600 cow dairy farm (1957) and I remember how helterskelter the whole layout was and that's what I look for when I see farms in SC4. Thank you for your great farms.

TheTeaCat

Well I thought I'd try another farming lot and wondered what you think?
No dependencies required  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Aside from the model file of CAL's Return to Summerton Mill.

And yes I noticed the tree growing out of the shed but only after I had posted the pic  ::)

Or should I redo it with props other than maxis?
Shall I put it up for the scrutineers to examine?

All comments, criticism's,suggestions are more than welcome :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rooker1

Derry....
Awesome lot, but double check your rotations and the placement of the trees. ;) Some of them are in the buildings.  Other than that, I love it.

Robin  &apls :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

threestooges

I like the greenhouses you've added in back. Lining them up like that gives a nice appearance of one fluid building. It might be all Maxis, but you make it look good. My only thought would be in regard to the mill wheel. There is no indication that there was ever water flowing through the area, nor any rocks or anything near it to suggest otherwise. Even with the paths around it presently, there's no suggestion a bridge was ever built, vehicle, foot or otherwise. Perhaps some rocks/weeds at the base of the wheel might help with that. Aside from that, I like it.
-Matt

Nardo69

The lot itself is nice. I go with Robin according to that.

However:

The Mill. It's a water mill. There are some left around where I am so I know them rather well. If you put a water mill you need to plop water next to it. Or next to it below ground - that's possible too, saw something like that here in the Black Forest where they kanalized a creek and colse the creek with concrete slabs. Possible - but you will always see the kanal somewhere.

I don't see neither a kanal nor a creek. And a water mill without water is rathe senseless - unless water disappeared because all become desert but in the desert there's no agriculture.

I have a farming lot with kanals in my plugin folder. I never was able to connect it properly to any kanal.

Exchange the mill with another building and most probably I am fine with it ;)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Bernhard.....there used to be a river there many years ago, but it is now all dried up.  ::) ;)

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

RippleJet

Quote from: rooker1 on July 09, 2009, 05:11:31 PM
there used to be a river there many years ago, but it is now all dried up.  ::) ;)

I agree with Matt here. It wouldn't hurt if some remains of that river still were visible... a dry river bed and maybe a bridge for the path crossing it, and a pond under the mill wheel.

TheTeaCat

Thanks for the really helpful comments. :thumbsup: Glad you like the overall effect ;D

Robin: Yes I noticed the trees after I had posted the pics but that's easily solved but I'm glad you like the overall effect :)

Matt: Thanks for the encouraging and constructive critique. Yes of course there should be some evidence of the creek.
That's something to fix and your tips about rocks, weeds, etc I like that. :thumbsup:

Bernhard: Everything you said makes sense now that I think about it. I shall go back and have a go at sorting it out. :)

Tage: Thanks also for the suggestions. they've given me some ideas.  :)

That was some great advice and constructive criticism.
Now it's back to the LE and see what I can concoct :D :D

Better put the kettle on, think I'll need a cuppa or two ;D

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Pat

Derry I look forward to seeing what you do now and the revised pics... IMHO I think you should go lex most assuardly!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

How about version 2 then with some water :D

I'll let the pics do the talking ::) :D

and using Diggis's replacement mod

I also need to move and maybe add one or two more props but was wondering what you think of this effort?

All comments, criticism's,suggestions are more than welcome  :thumbsup:

TTC

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

The mill pond looks nice, though it still looks like the pond/wheel is there for show instead of something that was there as an original building that was then repurposed into a farm, if that makes sense. As a showpiece it looks good though. I'm curious to see how it might look as a dry creek bed with just a few rocks and weeds to suggest the now-dry creek. Either way you go with it, this is some fine lotting Derry.
-Matt

rooker1

Derry I have to agree with Matt, it does look like a show piece now.  The only way I can think of changing it would be to put the house on the left and add the creek in and than rearrande everything else to fit after.  I do like this one alot though.  In the end it's all up to you.  What makes Derry satisfied and happy?

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.