• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Light Rail In Highway?

Started by coatimundi32, December 23, 2013, 07:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coatimundi32

I would like light rail in Highway to be in the next NAM. I have seen this on the I-105 Highway in Los Angeles with the Los Angeles Metro Green Line running through the middle. Is it possible to replicate something at least similar with this using the Real Highway Mod/Project Symphony? Has anybody seen this anywhere? All replies and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

http://www.roadstothefuture.com/I-105_Century_Fwy.html

Haljackey

I run GLR in the centre of my RHWs. I find it does the trick.

Here's a quick example showing the start of a RHW:

whatevermind

I've used BTM or HSR (or just plain old monorail) down the middle of RHW's, similar to what Haljackey is showing, just elevated. That also works nice since you can put the stations at cross roads, and the rail and highway just bridge right over it all. Same would work with Viaduct Rail.

The big downside to that though is that BTM/HSR can't really cross RHW/PS, which can make getting the rail line through interchanges or out of the median a bit complicated.

z

Quote from: whatevermind on December 23, 2013, 10:28:33 PM
The big downside to that though is that BTM/HSR can't really cross RHW/PS, which can make getting the rail line through interchanges or out of the median a bit complicated.

Tunnels for interchanges.  For more flexibility in general, there's a converter piece between GHSR and rail.

coatimundi32

Quote from: Haljackey on December 23, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

Thank you! If I may ask; What is the station pictured? I've been looking all over for a modern GLR station. Is it by BriPizza?

z

Quote from: coatimundi32 on December 26, 2013, 11:25:28 AM
Thank you! If I may ask; What is the station pictured? I've been looking all over for a modern GLR station. Is it by BriPizza?

No; that station is by Brenda Xne.  It's in the NAM.

wasso38

Quote from: Haljackey on December 23, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

it's good for RHW-4 networks! but your el-rail skin is not good. download a good one (the urban ones).  ;)