• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbarossaS

Very, very nice work there Arthur, that dam looks AMAZING!!!  &apls &apls
Can't wait to see it finished!

-Stijn-

Steamrobin

Can't wait to see more of this art128 !!!

Visit my CJ : Beaujolais Valley - Country of The Ten Villages
(A cooperative Rural Country made with the Help of Purple)

Visit my Ruralset Projects
(showcases and discussion about my Bat/lots)

tag_one

io_bg

It's amazing, art128, can't wait to see it finished! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

chibytuga

Some good stuff in here.

This is my current project, maybe not as impressive a feat of civil engineering as some here, but it's what I've been working on lately -- a new region map, ready for building.

It's 7x5 large city tiles, which ought to be plenty big enough for all I want to accomplish. I'd gotten frustrated with the space limitations of the 4x4 region I was working on, and I wanted an area big enough to have some variety in what I could build, and some open space too. 7x5 should do.  :D

Plans are for two main cities, a mid-sized gritty port city where the three rivers meet, and a more low-density, green "state capital" type city down there at the southeast corner of the region. With suburbs, some farms, open space, etc etc, filling out the region. I've sketched out a tentative map of the major highways and railroads, and I've got a big-picture idea of how everything's going to fit together; now it's time to stop planning stuff and actually start building stuff!

nerdly_dood

I've got too much to show here, so i'll just link to my development thread.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

tcx

I'm working on this city called Vallarta

and I'm making lots for this city and some BATs.

Albus of Garaway

That looks great, Tcx!  You've got a good plan!

tag_one

Great set up tcx! Looking forward how this turns out as you're an excellent lotter  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Looking good TCX!

btw: do you plop all these buildings or is your city functional?

tcx

Albus of Garaway: Thanks for your comment!
tag_one: wow! thanks, I don't consider myself an excellent lotter but I do what I can :)
FrankU: Thanks, I want this to be a functional city, I could make LOTs for streets and avenues and make this like a all.plop city but the problem is the bridges with no cars.

tcx

My project, this is what I've done so far .....

RBC

My current project is  - in all simplicity - to recreat the city of Omaha, Nebraska, in a realistic way (the red squar marks the borders of the SC4-region (4x4 large tiles)):

I've finally finished the main road network in the hole region and a part from a few waterbodies and some rail I'm ready to build.

Can't wait to get startet!

nas-t

WOW! looks really realistic... cant wait to see more ;)

Earth quake

scott1964

Quote from: keithsed on February 08, 2007, 07:49:25 PM
This fifth picture is a closer view of the tower in the left.

Nice, I want one  :satisfied:

emgmod

I'm making a interactive city at the moment. Here's the region view so far.

rbdyck

Ok, maybe I'm outclassed by some of the stuff I see here, but I thought I would share. Here is a city I'm playing with. I may rebuild a new city on a similar idea. All houses face a pedestrian walkway, with backlane bays. I took the idea from a neighbourhood called Wildwood Park. There isn't a back lane tile in SC4, so I just used streets. Walkways are implemented as ped mall. I first plop the Park Sidewalk, the plop a Mountain Path over top; the result retains the lamp posts, park benches, trees, and flower planters from the Park Sidewalk. Down the centre of each bay is a single square wide ped walkway, as are the walkways between bays. Down the centre is a double-wide (2 square) ped walkway. At the intersection of 4 bays is a feature, alternating between a small commercial cluster or park feature. At every commercial cluster is a subway station, with the subway line running beneath the double-wide ped walkway. Power plant for this city is a Waste to Energy plant augmented with windmills. Each bay connects to a road, with 3 roads so far. This leaves two double-wide ped walkways, and another two on the outside are only built single-wide so far. Commercial clusters are arranged checkerboard fashion. The central park feature is replaced with a school cluster: elementary, high school, and library, with subway station at the school cluster. Most park features have something unique: tennis court, flower garden, but all have at least one park green and one playground. The idea is to ensure grocery store and other common services and hopefully most people's place of work are within walking distance of any home, and subway service to distant places such as a major shopping mall, downtown offices or industrial area. Some commercial clusters have a medical clinic, and the avenue to the idustrial park has a fire station. So far it has significant pedestrian traffic, but still too much road traffic.

art128

Here's what I'm currently working on..

This is a self made map (with a self made grey scale file.. ) of the "metropolitan area" of Magadan, In Russia (Магадан  in Russian). The city is located in the Magadan Oblast in the Extreme East of Russia. I use that region now (and at least I hope I can play it until I'll entirely finish it.. ) because the last one, Svanskinahya, is now lost because of some problem in my computer (about time to change it.. ). But, I keep the actual MD , as the name of the region still is Svanskinahya. The region is a 8x9 big city tile, so 8x4 on 9x4 Kilometers, so a  32x36 kilometers region, at a scale of 1:1 (I took ti use a Google Earth picture of the area with a square of 4x4 (a tile) real kilometers drawn to get the good size.
So here's just an overview from the SC4Terraformer cause I have to open each city tile to get a correct region view of the region.

Click to see in full size.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog