• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

czkimi

tag_one

nas-t

impressive stuff guys....

here is a little picture of the radiotower (the highest structure city-wide, so far) in a small park that is located in a southern part of the city core.
as you can see, the park is surrounded by some pre-war buildings and some 1960 project-living. connected to citycenter via tram (on the pic), bus and train.

RebaLynnTS

I've started toying with a river walk for my ARS system.

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

metasmurf

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

that rural area looks awesome metasmurf ... would like to live there!
btw. great stuff in here ....  &apls
how could i ever have missed it!

b_schlurf

tag_one

And as usual they look great Andreas  :)

dsrwhat316

Remember these pics I showed earlier in the thread?

Now the area is complete. Here's what it looks like now:

... and a panorama to go with it. Just Click Here to view it.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

tag_one

royal

Wow, that huge  :o .
Don't want to know how long you needed to complete the whole area!

Working on a typical shunting yard for Sim City, with the correct signals, signal boxes (here KM from Koblenz, Rhineland-Palatinate, gantry signal box) and a shunting hump:

Member of the SimForumBatTeam (SFBT)

FrankU

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

nas-t

dito.... hope you'll upload it sometime

M4346

My current and on-going project, working on my most favourite city in the world: a 90 tile (10 x 9 large city tiles) section of the greater Washington Metropolitan Area.

Region view:

Full-size: 4724 x 2507 available here: Click!

Full-size: 2301 x 2559 available here: Click!

Alternative "view":

Full-size: 2301 x 2559 available here: Click!

The next phase would be the actually planning of the layout of the area (infrastructural, residential, suburban, commercial, industrial, agricultural, naval, military, etc.) I do hope to have it resemble as closely as possible the layout and feel of Washington, D.C., Alexandria City, Arlington County and all those other parts captured here.

Map courtesy of Blade2k5 / Troy from the NHP and available as a LEX exclusive.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

FrankU

Wow, beautiful map!
And what size. What computer do you have to be able to work on this region. Or do you just wait a minute every time you clicked your mouse?

M4346

Quote from: FrankU on July 07, 2009, 07:59:02 AM
Wow, beautiful map!
And what size. What computer do you have to be able to work on this region. Or do you just wait a minute every time you clicked your mouse?

Thank you very much! It is indeed one of the NHP and Blade / Troy's best maps, in my opinion, ever!  ;D

As for my computer, I am using an Acer Aspire 5315 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, an Intel Celeron CPU 560 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz (for some reason it is put there twice lol) and 2.00GB RAM.

In addition to this, I also use what I would term micro-management of Plugins: having plugins for rendering terrain and tree-ifying regions to speed up loading, and then plugins for playing a region, which would have it all. I also am a firm believer in proper plugin organisation and dat-packing.

I also hate functional plobbables, and have removed most, if not all, functional plobbables that have growable versions. I believe cities grow over time, they are not plopped. :P

On another note, I also used, in this instance, a CP tree mod that doesn't place trees as densely to increase performance. :)
New Horizons Productions

M4346

I thought it apt for me to rather post in this thread again - despite the fact that I was the last person to post here - specifically because I don't have the time, images or will power to launch a full-scale MD at this point.

Developing Washington, DC, and doing the city the justice, is quite challenging. The transit networks are especially challenging, particularly as I am a political scientist and not a civil engineer!  :P

Therefore, while I continue developing DC, I thought it a welcome break to give attention to something closer to home - and closer to my heart - and develop the skilfully recreated map of the City of Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula (recrafted and SC4-ified by the NHP's Travis).

Today I spent some time developing the Table Bay area - more specifically, trying to get the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and Cape Town harbour to look like something and be functional. (The above image shows a "before" shot).

Before I launch into the details, this is the general area of focus:

The above shows the City Bowl, known as such because of the "bowl" created by the surrounding mountains - of which Table Mountain is indubitably the most famous - including the Cape Town CBD. Also indicated is the V&A waterfront and the Cape Town Harbour (with Ben Schoeman dock the furthest away from the city, and Duncan dock then being closer). Also indicated is Green Point - home to Green Point commons and Mouille Point lighthouse, as well as one of the 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup stadiums - and Sea Point - a largely residential development.

It ought to be quite clear that I extensively re-imagined and re-worked the harbour and waterfront, struggling with and keeping in mind the constraints of the grid and the future development of the area. I don't know how the Capetonians would feel about their new Table Bay development! :P

For those of you who have not yet had the fortune to visit our "Mother City", this is what you see (courtesy of Google Earth) from Table Bay:

Breathtaking in real life, I must say. :P

Anyway, the next few steps for me would be to develop the Table Bay area as follows:

The 'blue' being the largely commercial V&A waterfront, the yellow being the largely industrial container docks of the harbour, and the future marina development indicating the location of Granger Bay and the marina development there.

I am not going to stick to the details of RL Cape Town (CT for short) too much, but will bear in mind general 'realities' as I develop this beautiful and prime residential and commercial stretch of land jutting into the cold Southern Atlantic Ocean!

If you have any suggestions, comments or thoughts on developing harbours, marinas and waterfronts, it would be MUCH appreciated. Again, I'm not a civil engineer and am largely "winging it!"  ;D

M ()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions

Nexis4Jersey

peter007

Good project :thumbsup:

my project is now to get an adapter and begin with my new project.   &sly
I can´t start because my battery of my laptop is empty  :angrymore: and my adapter doesn´t do anything and that bastards of the shop where I get that stuff. They won´t give me a new one.  %bur2$ 

So it will take some time to start with my project  I can't share a picture here and must wait and look what the others do it's really booooooooooooring if you can't do anything :sleeping:

M4346

I hope you get that sorted out real soon then Peter! :) Good luck!  ;D
New Horizons Productions