• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem with Avenue-OWR T-intersection

Started by AngryBirdsFan436, November 02, 2012, 06:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryBirdsFan436

Hello, there's a problem with the Avenue OWR T-intersection. The paths are completely missing!  :'(   
Here's a pic below:

Can it be fix by attachment? My only workaround is to transition the avenue to two one way roads and intersecting it with the OWR. Please fix it!  :)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

AngryBirdsFan436

SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

Bumping your thread in less than 24 hours like that and demanding a fix is, to be completely frank, rude. 

When I just drew that particular intersection with DrawPaths, everything looked fine, and was properly pathed.  There were a few intersections like that which Maxis fixed themselves with the EP1/1.1.638 patch, and I think that may be one of them, which would indicate that you may not be running a fully-updated version of the game.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, I have 1.1.640. What could exactly cause that problem? Do I need to fresh install the game and patch it?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

If you have 1.1.640, it means you should have everything in 1.1.638.  Which EP1 patch did you use previously?  It may not hurt to do a reinstall just to make sure of everything.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

I got the patch from here. It was the Region 2 update. I'll try to reistall the game and see. :)
EDIT: Problem solved! ;) It seems like I just copied the exe from another copy of SC4 and I didn't really patch it.
Thread closed. ;)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jdenm8

For future reference: Path, model etc bugs like this on Maxis-made content are not EXE controlled. If you have a physical copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe or a copy of Rush Hour, then you actually need to run the Updater and not just copy the EXE or you'll have bugs like this.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley