• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diagonal Crossing on NWM Networks

Started by griptor, May 07, 2011, 03:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griptor

First off I just want to say that I recently discovered this sc4 modding community and I want to thank everyone involved for their amazing work.

The question I have is relatively simple. I have starting using NWM networks in cities I already had built to ease congestion and when trying to convert some of my maxis AVE-4 networks to the MAVE-6 I have found I can't build diagonal crossovers on the NWM networks with monorails and other high speed transit networks I had previously constructed. In some places I have been forced to build transitions between my MAVE-6 and the AVE-4 which is creating some serious chokepoints for traffic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tarkus

First off, welcome to SC4D, griptor!  I'm glad to hear you're enjoying all the fun stuff that's out there for SC4!

The NWM is an "in progress" mod, and unfortunately, we just haven't yet gotten to the point of having diagonal crossings for any of the networks contained within it.  We're looking to have at least some diagonal crossing capability in the next release, NWM Version 2.0.  Most likely, all the single-tile networks will be covered at the very least.  I'm fairly certain we won't have diagonal intersections between other roads and the dual-tile and (upcoming) triple-tile networks, but I'm not sure about things like Monorail-over-MAVE-6--I'd say they're a more likely possibility.  I'll definitely put it under consideration, and if it doesn't happen with 2.0, it's pretty much a given for the release after. :)

-Alex

griptor

Thanks a bunch, I guess I'll just have to stick to my straight crossings for now.