• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FSHlib.dll reported as infected with virus WS.reputation.1 by Norton

Started by bap, December 19, 2014, 07:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bap

Hi,

I've been using SC4Tool for years without a problem. Suddenly, a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to use filemerger and the FSHlib.dll file was blocked by my Norton anti-virus with a reported "this threat was removed". The anti-virus identifies the WS.reputation.1 as the infection within the .dll file. I tried to copy an old (presumably virus-free) version of FSHlib.dll I had in a previous backup of the system, but the problem persists. The problematic file is from 2009 February 14. I then tried to download the LEX version of the file, but as soon as WinZip starts to uncompress it, Norton comes in and removes the file as a high-level threat to the computer.  ()what().

Does anyone else has this problem? Does any one knows if there is a virus-free or a more recent version of the FSHlib.dll file available?  I have an intel i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30 Ghz and a 32 bits windows 7 service pack 1.

Thanks!

vester

Isn't there anyway to tell Norton the threat is false positive and make an exception to the file ?

Have done that with Avast on some files that it reported as a threat.

bap

Thanks for the tip, Vester. I "told" Norton that the fshlib.dll file was not a threat, and restore it. Everything works fine now.  :thumbsup: