• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TELAU PRIME - Update 7 - 31/05/08

Started by mightygoose, April 11, 2008, 06:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Sweet stuff there Mjig!!!

Collgab either way you really pulled off a damn great shot there with the Waterfall!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Quote from: Collgab on April 30, 2008, 06:33:45 PM
Thanks, but thats not freestream mod ;) its JRJ's waterfalls..and so I set it on high...I'm guessing it looks that way because of its height, dont really know, but thanks for all your comments guys! :)

:D Yes, it was really my mistake - sorry! I think the most important factor is not height but steepness here  ;)
Anyway, great waterfall!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Collgab

Hello everyone, this is my second update woo! This update will be about the growth the city of Riverfall has been through the last couple years on Telau Prime. Most of the old prefabricated homes have been rebuilt into more sturdy structures, and the city is developting very nicely. The current population is around 1500 inhabitants.

[Above] Beautiful homes over looking the great falls that are over 300m high.

[Above] In this photo of Riverfall you can see the recently finished "Imperial School for the Gifted".

Around 5YT have passed since the last update I posted, that is around 10 Earth years. The city of Riverfall is the most established of the 4 towns on Telau Prime. The Emperor of the colony died on 42/23/33, everyone in the colony had loved everything he had done for them so greatly, they decided to name themselves the Atal, after his last name Atalan. After his death his son Halor Atalan took the throne of the great empire, and he is currently in power to this day.

Following his father's dreams, Halor Atalan ordered for plans to be drawn up for a formal capital for the empire. Many drawings were submitted, but one drew his attention, the person who created the sketches of the new capital was named John Nohbdy, he called his creation 'The City of the Falls'. The emperor loved the idea, although he simplified the name to 'Waterfall City'. The capital of the Atal Empire is currently undergoing intense construction, and if everything goes as planned should be finished in 8YT, "It's worth the wait..." explained the emperor.

Pat

Collgab that is just stunning update from you again!!! I cant wait to see waterfall city to come to being!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Another very good update there! And like the work on the lake and the farms and town around it! :thumbsup:

nedalezz

I love the premise of this MD; very fresh, very exciting. All 3 of you are talented builders, and you all have a tremendous eye for detail, which I believe cannot be taught, hehe.

Overall, the start has been fantastic; great pics, great story, great development.

mjig_dudy

The Capital City.

The city centre contains many government offices including large parts of the country's civil service. It is connected with several rail routes and a ferry service. These link to the other major cities across Scandinovia.

The suburbs around the city have begun to grow quite rapidly over the past few year as the population begins to grow.

The Parliament building is located near the edge of the city. It was one of the first large buildings to be built by the settlers and remains the tallest building in Scandinovia.

All the city's power is generated from these massive wind turbines, and other ones located on the mountains. However, as the population grows the wind turbines do not generate enough electricity to keep up with demand so the government is looking into other possible energy sources.

Yoman

Excellent, I particularly love the wind turbines. They look awesome!

warszawa

What a stunning update mjig_dudy. The seawalls, BATs, seawater are all so characteristic. I love that shot of the parliament building and wind turbines.
&apls

Alex
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

yochananmichael

wow this is stunning. you guys should be commended for your creativity. keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Greywolf (John Michael)
If you can't run with the pack don't run at all

bat

Some fantastic pictures there! Wonderful work on that update!! :thumbsup:

mightygoose

Update 2

by 5YT the farming operations on caprica had been setup, in the assemblies rush to get in good economic stead little thought was given to the economy.

while many homes had been built many still lived in small huts and sheds waiting for the construction teams to make their way round. A swift ban on contraception meant that the state would be strong and grow.

at the north end of the town are the first mines in Caprica, the majority of the colonists if not part of construction teams work here. At this stage stockpiles are being created for possible trade with the other nations.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

paroch

Hi guys,

Well, I've only just discovered Telau Prime and have to say, hats off to all three of you.  This is a great idea.  And I like the way you are keeping the three nations looking distinct with their own personalities.  It will be interesting to see you keep this up as they develop into larger nations.

Too many great shots to comment on them all, but one stand out for me was mjig's first mosaic of Scandanovia.  Those white boxy houses by Haarlemergold are PERFECT there.  Boxy enough that you can imagine they're pre-fabs used in the early days, whilst nice enough to keep democratic peoples happy, and the solar panels on the roof are a nice touch.

I'll make sure I pop in again.

Paul