• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Barroco Hispano BAT Thread

Started by Barroco Hispano, August 26, 2018, 08:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barroco Hispano

OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION (3411x1296):

OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION (3368x1329):

OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION (2266x1113):

Rock mod (Work in progress):

2018 Ferrari 812 Superfast:

2017 Pagani Huyara Roadster:

Barroco Hispano

Une_ame

This rock mod seems to be amazing ! You show us a lot of wonderfull things here !  &hlp

Too bad you can't upload them  :'(
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Badsim

Hi,

Impressive modelings, as always, since my last comment. &apls &apls &apls

The rock Mod looks promising, that's a compromise ( far to be obvious ) to find between details, performance with distorsions and visible repetitions .... I remember have tested a lot of promising textures, finally disappointing in game . ::)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Barroco Hispano

"The rock Mod looks promising, that's a compromise ( far to be obvious ) to find between details, performance with distorsions and visible repetitions .... I remember have tested a lot of promising textures, finally disappointing in game ."

You are rigth, the repetition of the texture is too evident in the zoom 4 & 5 . I know that there is a value that can be modified to prevent the textures from repeating when zooming, but unfortunately it controls all the textures and not one in particular.   :(

@badsim I also wanted to tell you that I found a method to antialiasing the shadows and make them look darker  :D

I made the decision to make my sims proportional to the cars (Now my sims will be 2,394 meters tall)

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION:

2020 Aston Martin DBX:

2020 Toyota GR Supra:

Barroco Hispano

vinlabsc3k

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Barroco Hispano

It looks so small...

I think the leaf material doesn't look good..

2013 Audi R8 Spyder:

2016 BMW i8:

2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Short Box:

T-72B:

Object 279:

M60A1:

Barroco Hispano

Tyberius06

Hm... always just teasers and teasers... I would like to see now a trailer, then a release. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I am watching it on phone, but it looks OK to me. I mean the treea and bushes. The cars and tanks... man... please.
BMW i8 is so beautiful. One of my favourite cars. Do you have source for an Audi A3 2007 TDI 2.0? Blue? It's a special request, I am driving one of those  :D
But any new type of Audi A3 can come...
Thanks for these showcases. They are really nice creations.

-Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Barroco Hispano

@Tyberius06  :thumbsup:

2010 Audi A3 Sportback:

Wakatake-class (OPEN THE IMAGE IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION):

A6M2-N:

Type 3 Chi-Nu:

Barroco Hispano

fantozzi

Thank you so much for your contributions. Sometimes you really surprise me with some unexpected models. Just when I thought you are a specdialist in panzers, ships and cars you bring up some awesome trees instead.

It's no condition - but it gives much more life to the game if the tree models have seasonal stages: spring, summer, winter - or red auburn autumn colors - winters tristesse - full green spring and summer blossom. Something like this. But evergreen plants are more performance friendly so they have advantages too.

QuoteI made the decision to make my sims proportional to the cars (Now my sims will be 2,394 meters tall)

I think this is close to the size of adult Maxis' Sims.

noahclem

Awesome work on the automata! I particularly like the ships. The rock texture is also really nice. It's indeed very hard to find or make one that looks good at different zooms and detail levels, probably why so many take the shortcut of using the same texture for many zooms. Besides the actual cliffs there can be useful places for such textures in the higher altitudes, as well as especially "dry" or "wet" parts of a terrain mod though--and since there are lots of those, as opposed to one rock/cliff texture, repetition is less of an issue.

Barroco Hispano

T-28:

Lavochkin La-5:

@noahclem You can download the rock mod here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AizKPlOWj9nmhV5egEhBCEtkP9zS?e=F1bOKq
Barroco Hispano

Badsim

Quote from: alejogc13 on April 04, 2020, 01:30:30 PM

@badsim I also wanted to tell you that I found a method to antialiasing the shadows and make them look darker  :D

:thumbsup:

Quote from: alejogc13 on April 15, 2020, 10:39:57 AM

... I think the leaf material doesn't look good..

They look rather appetizing to my eyes ... ::)  hope you'll persevere, can't get replete about trees . ;D

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Tyberius06

Quote from: alejogc13 on April 16, 2020, 01:22:08 PM
@Tyberius06  :thumbsup:

2010 Audi A3 Sportback:

Thank you very much! Beautiful! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Barroco Hispano

USS Arkansas (BB-33):

A-20 Havoc:

M22 Locust:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG GTR:

2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG E63:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss:

2010 Lexus LX 570:

2003 Lexus LX 470:

2007 Cadillac Escalade Police:

2009 Dodge Charger STR-8 Police:

2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police:

A sim taking a photo:

Cop:

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser J76:

2007 Toyota LC J79 VXR Single Cab:

2012 Toyota LC J79 Double Cab:

2010 Toyota LC J78:

I will try to finish all the projects that I started in 2018  ;D

I'm also going to try creating various terrain mods, I have hundreds of Textures / Materials and I can mix them up pretty quickly but first I need to understand how terrain works to know what can and cannot be done.
Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

I'm trying to create a seamless rock texture  :D

Barroco Hispano

Barroco Hispano

OPEN THE IMAGES IN A NEW TAB TO SEE IT IN FULL RESOLUTION:

Behind the scenes

Albedo map:

Ambient Oclussion map:

Layers:

Final result:

I'll add more detail to the texture and try to reduce the repetition but I think what I got doesn't look too bad.

Barroco Hispano