• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Slope City

Started by jeronij, November 29, 2006, 09:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giligone

very nice! You really tamed those slopes with all that terra forming. I look forward to seeing this city develop, it will be very pituresque.

keithsed

Thanks Jeroni for the comments.  I'll go gas up the bulldozer right now.  It will have to wait however, I've already downloaded some pics.  These pics will not reflect your suggestions above, so you will have to wait until the next set.

Thanks for the comments.  Your help is very much appreciated. :)

Well, were rolling right along.  &dance

Here are a few pics of the Slope City.  I'm still working on the beaches and the rural areas.  I'm not too happy with how they are turning out so I'll keep working on them and post them when they look better.

This picture is an overall view of Slope City.

This is another overall view but from a different angle.

A close up of the city.

A close up of the Ritz Hotel.

Still, a closer view of the Hotel.

Jeroni, take a good look with that "eagle eye" and let me know where you think I could improve.

See my comments above. 

"Ma! Get the bulldozer warmed up, and put my pillow on the seat for those hard bumps and my tender bottom.    ;D

Thanks Jeroni.

Keith

dioangel

Wow sweet!  :thumbsup: I don't know how you do it, but it's a real masterpiece!  :thumbsup:

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

mightygoose

where can you download the city tile, i am most interested in also having an attempt, i feel this is a unique experimental oppurtunity...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

keithsed

Hi Jeroni:

Is this what you had in mind on the corner walls?

keithsed

And this one?

Thanks for helping me.  I really appreciate the interest.

Keith

jeronij

keithsaid, yes, that is exactly what I meant  :thumbsup:

When the fences do go underground, like in your first picture, you can try placing the alternative corner piece. The 90º one / the one you used in the last picture. Unfortunately the game has different behaviours in the two diagonal directions  &mmm

mightygoose, the city is not available at the exchange any more. Download it here:  Slope City

All: Thanks for the feedback, some more pictures are to come soon  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mightygoose

um at the moment i am just trying to get the demand levels up so i can build how i like, so its abit messy and no eyecandy has been prepared outside the small downtown...

two pictures...

keithsed

Jeroni:

I went back and looked  &smrt at the pics you've posted and I cannot see any power lines, or anything that looks like police stations, schools or fire stations. 

What are you using for power?  I found where SBFT mentioned a "wonder tree."  I could'nt locate the file to download.  I used the power shed in a couple of places it's better than the windmill. 

I also placed the mayors house, the cemetary, a large police station and a large elementary at the very top of the mountain.  I don't like them there and I think it's only a temporary place for them. 

Thanks again for you interest and help.

- Off topic - I tried to log on to BSC LEX but didn't have much luck.  Do you need a new password and id?  I reapplied and hope to get my email soon. 

Thanks

Keith

jeronij

Hello again,

keithsed, I would swear that these pictures were not there last night  #?¿?¿?$. I have completely missed them  :-[

My "eagle eye"  ;) suggestions would be:
Read my last post in the previous page about how to control the types of buildings we want to make grow in a determinate place. for the main residential area I would only use 1x2 lots.
Why dont you give a try to my street side mod ?¿. It is not still available here, but you can find it at Simtropolis Stex. I would say that this mod will greatly improve the look of your streets....but I wont say that because I am the mod creator...and it would sound arrogant  $%Grinno$%
We are experimenting, and this is not very important, but you could hide both, the game menus and the UDI missions icon, when you take your pictures ?  ;) . It helps to be able to see every detail, and the pictures look more "natural".
Finally, one of the things you should not worry about is demolishing and bulldozing your areas when you are not completely satisfied with them. Destroy and create. We must also have some funny "destroyer" moments   %BUd%
For my water and power I use a cheated windmill and waterpump...both give 500.000 units of power/water, so I dont need to worry about this. It also helps to simulate a regional power/water distribution. In RL you dont see a power plant every 2 or 4 kilometers, do you  $%Grinno$% ?. I also use a mod, I forgot the name..., which multiplies the range for both, water and power, so you can avoid power lines, and just place them where you want the people see them  ::)

mightygoose, I see you go for a metropoli  ;) !!!. Very good idea to place the school at that place  :thumbsup: . Read above if you want to hide some of the power lines.

Now to both  ;D , come on and start placing some details  :satisfied:. Not only plain zoning please  :D !!! Some plazas/parks, some walkways, some statues, something....  but dont overload your city with parks, because they increase desirability and $$$ will soon come and change your buildings. Make often the buildings historical, this will avoid bad surprises  ::) ....I hope you get the idea  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mightygoose

at the moment im just demand gaming to get enough to start juggling with the real high rises then i will layout each individual tower i want and where then i will park and plaza and path around them.... the road layout will change too....

Shadow Assassin

I'm just wondering, can we do whatever we want with this city? As long as it's... sloped? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Shadow Assassin

Here's my take on Slope City, after a couple of hours playing:

The commercial area of Slope City. It's quite small, since I plan on having some decent industrial jobs somewhere on the map. There's still some undeveloped plots of land...

North.

South. A couple of high rises have been built...

I'll post some more tomorrow. My take on jeronij's Slope City should be done in a few days.
New Horizons Productions

jeronij

Hi SA, dont rush my friend  $%Grinno$% !!! This is not a race against the clock  ;) . OK, I cant see many details at that zoom level, but I miss the city services...schools, hospitals, police ... Also, lets see how the things go when you finish the layed out area  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mightygoose

breaking news...

jeronij's terraformer has been let loose in the cotswolds

and its bigger brother is currently eating germany

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHi SA, dont rush my friend  Grin No !!! This is not a race against the clock  Wink . OK, I cant see many details at that zoom level, but I miss the city services...schools, hospitals, police ... Also, lets see how the things go when you finish the layed out area

LOL, okay.

On the first picture, in the lower-left - that's a hospital and a police station.
On the second picture, in the lower half, there is a high school and library. Up on the slopes, there is a small school (it's across from the empty space)
On the third picture, the same school can be seen on the far left.

I'll probably put a big library on the third pic or something. Something that fits in with the ambience of the area. :P

You know, the great thing about the street tree mod - it hides the foundations of the sloped buildings quite well.
New Horizons Productions

keithsed

And I thought my bulldozer was big.  Great pictures of these bemoths.  &apls

Hmmm..... I think I've seen them somewhere before.  ;)

Jeroni, I tried your side street mod and it really improves the eye candy.   

Today, I've been busy today working on my annual tax return  :angrymore: so I haven't had much time to work on Slope City.  :( I did climb on the old bulldozer yesterday and just about wore it out.  I bulldozed everything and then watched it regenerate.  It was fun.   &hlp I really like to "blow" things up, especially the electrical towers.  They look great going down.

I think my new city looks much better.  You are right again, as usual.  :thumbsup:

I've started a bus transportation system and I'm still working out the kinks.   

Jeroni, you can be as arrogant, proud, confident and conceited as you want, and I won't tell a sole.  You people that have modified the original game and have provided the artwork/goodies that we all enjoy have my utmost admiration. I wish I knew how to do the things you moder's do.

You people have made the game what it is today. SC4 would be a very lackluster and boring game without your work and the others that have modified the original game. It would always generate the same buildings, props and have the same game play. . . . Boring!   /wrrd%& Maxis did get one thing right by providing the plugin option.   

When I saw Badsim's work in the new member's forum, the Eiffel Tower, the cathedral, the city layout, and his landscaping, I'm at a loss for words.   :o  I have never and I mean N.E.V.E.R.!! Seen a Simcity like that one anywhere!  Without you guys, his work of art, and I do mean ART! Would be impossible. It has been you guys that have really made the game what it is today.  You have kept all of us crying for more and more add ons. 

Just look at how fast this site has grown. It is amazing.  Yesterday, I noticed that STEX's has had more than 24 million downloads! That is directly related to the work you and others have done on this game.

There, I guess that is enough "brown nosing" for now.   &bis& Tee..Hee..

. . . Come on Keith, keep on track and quit rambling.

Oh, another question I have for you.  You mentioned that I could turn off the game menus and the UCI mission's icon when I take a picture.  How do I do that and still take the picture?

Do you use the picture option in SC4?  When I use that and turn off the game menus, I lose the ability to take the picture.  I guess I don't know it works. 

Any help would be appreciated, as usual.

Thanks Jeroni

Keith

mightygoose

ctrl + shift + s is the shortcut for cmaera mode, so close all the menus then snap away....

wouanagaine

keith => I usally take pics this way =>
Click on 'My sims' icon and toggle off the UDI icons
hit 'g' to toggle off the grid
hit numlock to hide the interface

either hit CTRL-SHIFT-S as MG said
or go to ST, in this thread and grab clip2pic. Then you'll just have to hit printscreen ( the tool will save directly to jpeg and can resize to 800x600 )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

keithsed

:thumbsup: Thank you, Thank you!

I'll try this method next time

Keith