• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to edit spruce trees from CP PropPack Vol02 ?

Started by 0rion79, October 08, 2008, 09:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0rion79

Hi all, I don't know if somebody of you may help me with this, but I would like SO MUCH to have the spruce trees from CP prop pack V.2 to stay at their starting shape and DO NOT GROW.

Once grown, they are too tall and don't fit in my cities. Instead, I like them so much when they are short because they remind me so much the cypress trees that are so similar in my island countryside!

What value should I edit with SC4 tools, to keep them as they are once plopped?

Thank you!

Fatsuhono

Hello Orion! I am not an experienced modder, but I do know that if this one tree has several DAT files, delete the files that show it larger. Keep the DAT file of the small version. Or, you could also delete all files except for SC4Model file of the small model, and use Plugin manager and LE to put it on a park lot. But other than this, it would be best to ask Andreas or Jeronij, they are very great modders and will probably know. Good luck my friend! :thumbsup:

0rion79

Fatsuhono, thanks so much for your help but there are still too many models and I don't know how to recognize the ones that I want to remove. Even because it seems as a dependency for other plug-ins and I don't want to do harm to my already unstable game! :(

jeronij

I think you should try to use the Mayor Mode Plopable trees, CD has a really big bunch of them , because those do not "grow". They remain the same until you bulldoze them ;)

Some time ago I made  some props from CD's trees, which made some of the trees useable for the Lot Editor, but unfortunately I am not able to find this mod atm  &mmm . It is not in the LEX, perhaps there is still a version available in the STEX yet. I think I gave the pack to the NDEX team if I recall corretly.<-- It seems my memory fails miserably   :-[
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RippleJet

Quote from: jeronij on October 09, 2008, 07:02:29 AM
Some time ago I made  some props from CD's trees, which made some of the trees useable for the Lot Editor, but unfortunately I am not able to find this mod atm  &mmm . It is not in the LEX

Are we sure you're not talking about CPT Trees as props (V2 revised)? ::)

Andreas

Cycledogg's non-growing Mayor Mode trees come with his tree controllers, but I'm not sure if the desired spruce is included there. For creating your own Mayor Mode trees, I suggest to read dedgren's "Plopperizer" tutorial that was posted in the "Three Rivers Region" thread some days ago. It has ample screenshots that explain every single step in detail, so you should be able to find your way around in the Reader (SC4Tool isn't really intended for this kind of modding, although it might work - I haven't tested this, though).
Andreas

jeronij

Quote from: RippleJet on October 09, 2008, 07:26:42 AM
Are we sure you're not talking about CPT Trees as props (V2 revised)? ::)

It is indeed  ::) ...  :-\ ... I only searched under my username  :-[

Thanks Ripplejet   :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary