• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sims (all incarnations)

Started by deora, July 14, 2014, 03:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deora

I was wondering why there isn`t already a Thread for "The Sims" Games and because there are already pics of Sims 3 projects are floating around in the SC4 newest projects thread,i thought:Hey why give Sims not it`s very own thread.
So if there are any Sims Players out there,join us and post some pictures of your buildings.No matter if Sims 1, 2, 3 oder soon Sims 4.

I guess i will start.In Sims you usually build a house,move in a family and play with them.
As for me,i`m more the House-building guy.I prefer a more urban and/or grungy style and i love the classic NYC styled Rowhouses.

The first house is a classic second empire mansion with that iconic mansard roof and lots of historic details
The second lot was planned as an old tenement with 4 apartments and some commercial space on the ground level:

I miserably failed at photoshopping :D

Inspired by pictures of derelict and partly abandoned streets in Detroit and Baltimore

This large building was inspired by one of Aaron Grahams gorgeous Bats.I think it was NYBT 655 E. 228 Street

The Entrance Hall.I`m really not sure if it looks like the original ones from that era.

catty

very nice pictures apart from those red rooms I looked at a house for sale that the owners had painted in that colour and it really makes a room feel that its closing in on you, but other than that

&apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

deora

Thanks catty.
A few days ago, i started a new lot.This house is based on a real life house which used to stand on a corner in Brooklyn.It has a very interesting story with several suicides and a baby climbing on the window sill and falling out of the window right in the arms of a nearby fireman.Then it was a childrens hospital and a sports club before it turned back into a residential house.

This is how the house looks today:

Oh right,i forgot to tell that a week or so ago this house was reduced to debris and junk by a wrecking ball to make way for only god knows what hideous monstrosity will take it's place.

Okay,back to the time where this house still existed:

As you can see,the house changed a bit after a renovation somewhere in the 80s.
Because i wanted my version to have that slightly "used" look but also the bigger windows from the earlier days,i combined both looks and created this:

I will divide it into two Apartments (and maybe also make a version as a single family home).
The outside decoration is more or less done,now i will focus on the inside.

Any suggestions, complaints or questions?

catty

QuoteAny suggestions, complaints or questions?

Not from me   ;D

I think it looks better than the original  and its nice to see the greenery around it.
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Sim.Rico

Just noticed this  blog on the SIMS!  I am a big on sims!

deora

Thanks everyone.
Well,the funny thing about me is that i always build on several buildings side by side.
A few days ago another cool Building featured on a New York Blog catched my attention.
To be more precisely,it`s a group of three Rowhouses which were made in the same style.

I`m talking about Grand Avenue 368 to 364 in Brooklyn

I used this original Floorplan as a reference (well,i`m sort of a floorplan nerd $%Grinno$%)

Just add huge Trees in ypur imagination.I removed them so you can see the facades better.

A sideview with stairs and the famous basement doors.

I tried to get as close as possible to get the Roof Detail right...

The baywindow.

Entrance

Kitchen (this setup closely resembles the realty pictures)

Livingroom

So,what do you think?

carlfatal

A very good idea, Chris!
Your buildings are some of the best stuff one can find in Sims 2.  &apls

I really hope, that some others here will also show their Sims projects. I mean, both games were very familiar, the same designer, the same way of coding in Sims 2 and SC4.  :thumbsup:

geminiasp

Wow 2014, I debated on creating a new topic but since this was still here I figured I'd reply here. Anyone take inspiration from SIMS games, or build something in the Sims, that was later created and used in SC4 (or vice versa)?

AudeMarineK

It's crazy, I just logged in for the first time in years to enquire about a Sims-related project as well!

I'm looking to create a sc4 terrain that would merge several Sims 2 neighborhoods, so that I can use it in my uberhood.

storm37