• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Can't change maxis buildings order: what I'm doing wrong?

Started by 0rion79, October 15, 2008, 04:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0rion79

Hi, sorry to be here again with another question but my lust for knowledge is endless :)

As somebody else has suggested me, I'm trying to use ILive reader to export vanilla buildings in order to change their ICON ORDER, to make a more "fluent" menu and "not" jumping" all the time.

This is what I do: open the reader, go on "tweaker", then on "transport", then I edit a single variabile so that the program will allow me to export the dat, save the wished dat with the same name in line 1 (eg: Ut14x30_ParkingGarage_2C9B ), put it into mydocuments\plugin folder (or whatever) and with SC4tool or the reader itself I change the item order value. As result, there is no effect. Why? What I'm doing wrong? It is like that the game doesn't see ANY of my changes!!

What I'm doing wrong?

PS: thanks again to Z and the others that have me hints about transit switches: I have been succesfully able to edit all my train station stops and now sims do enter only from where I want, even if some of them had South swithced with North.

jestarr

I've never tried to change the item order of the Maxis buildings, but if I wanted to do that, I'd save the building with a different name (eg., Ut14x30_orion79_ParkingGarage), then make any changes I wanted to do.

0rion79

I have tried, but it doesn't work! I have already tried to use other names but I have switched back to the original ones because the game didn't see the dat with my personal names.

RippleJet

The filename doesn't matter.

What did you change the Item Order to?
The in-game items in the Misc. Transit menu have the following Item Orders:

• 0 - Bus Stop
  • 2 - Elevated Rail Station
  • 3 - Subway to Elevated Transition
  • 5 - Subway Station
  • 6 - Public Garage
  • 7 - Toll Booths

0rion79

Sorry, I have sloved the problem alone.
I don't know why, but I have to exit from the tweaker after that I extract each single dat that I need, else it will overwrite some information on each new dat over the first and they will enter in conflict, being ignored by the game.
If I export each single dat separately, I have no problems. Thank you anyway!
I leave the post here in case that somebody else may need it! :)