• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lots dont show ingame

Started by alex_1979, March 06, 2008, 04:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_1979

I started fooling around with the LOT editor, Have changed some lots and just overwrite the originals, this works ok with some lots, but when i do this with Gascookers UK lots the lots will no longer appear ingame ?????? I tried saving them under a different name, for instance:
C$$UKWhiteSwan.blablablab, changed into AlexxWhiteSwan. But still the lot is nowhere to be found ingame. The file is in my plugin folder but for some reason it will not show ingame, any suggestions guys?? Am I doing something wrong?

Greetz
Alexander

BarbyW

If it is a growable lot then you will have to wait for it to grow. Without seeing the actual file, though, it is difficult to say what you may have done.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

alex_1979

Thnx for the reply,

Yes these are growable files I'm redoing, but i have the extra cheats plugins wich come with a Buildingsplop option, where you can find all building that are in your plugins folder, including the growable ones, wich you can then plop, but when i try to find the file it doesnt appear to be there. When i go and scroll true my plugins outside the game it is ????

RippleJet

Quote from: alex_1979 on March 06, 2008, 05:09:07 AM
Yes these are growable files I'm redoing, but i have the extra cheats plugins wich come with a Buildingsplop option, where you can find all building that are in your plugins folder, including the growable ones, wich you can then plop, but when i try to find the file it doesnt appear to be there. When i go and scroll true my plugins outside the game it is ????

The building names you see in the first window when using the LotPlop or BuildingPlop cheats are not the lot names,
nor the "container file" (the filename you see in Windows Explorer), such as C$$UKWhiteSwan.blablablab or AlexxWhiteSwan.

Instead, what you are seeing are the exemplar names of the buildings. Saving the lot with a new name in LotEditor won't change the exemplar name of the building.
It would still be the same building, having the same name as in the original lots by GasCooker.

If you select that building by GasCooker in the first window of the plop cheat, you will instead be offered an additional lot (your lot) in the next window that opens.

alex_1979

;D Thank you so much Ripplejet!! You gave me the solutions to my newbie problem!! Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Greetz
Alexander