• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to remove the building Foundation

Started by Aaron Graham, January 27, 2011, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

I need help on how to remove the foundations on my buildings lot. please help me please. :'(

This is how I have fix this problem.

I have looked at this thread and it helps out 100%. Just type in this is the building foundation

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7241.0

Another the you really can do is make your own foundation and make the foundation invisible, just make the the foundation in gmax, 3ds max, ect... just make a small object, and make it really small and put it below the zero line in your tool that you are making buildings in, use you material editor and make the small object. Make the opacity 0%. and thats it, the export of course is really fast.  ;D I really happy now.  ;D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

cogeo

Are these retaining walls, or fences instead?

Aaron Graham

Those are walls, they are not props, I wish they were beacause I can delete them.  :( 

I want this bat finished now.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

cogeo

I think retaining walls appear when the lot/building is at a level lower than the road. Really weird.

Aaron Graham

I wish tag_one can help me with this because thats his building next to mine and I have tried and tried to figure out how to remove them, but I have failed to remove them, my bat is suppost to be slope friendly, and I want them uploaded soon as possable so I can move to my next bat. :(

cogeo

Let me guess:
- This is "building foundation" not "retaining walls", AND
- Either this is not the "main" building (gray rect) but instead a prop, OR the Occupant Size in the bldg exemplar isn't exactly equal to the building's base.
- The model may have an underground part too.

Aaron Graham

The building and foundation is exported all together just like tag_one has done with his building.

You want to change the thread title to (How to remove the foundation) from (How to remove the retaining walls)???

mattb325

Three ways I know of acheiving what you have asked:

One way is to delete the foundation in the reader, but I wouldn't recommend this as it can cause the building to appear to hover.

Second method is to render the foundation as just that (in the BAT you have a little radio button that allows you to make your model either a building or a foundation) and set it in the loteditor. Make sure both your model and foundation are exactly centred in the BAT and the lot as you cannot 'move' the foundation around in the lot editor; this method works best with simple boxy buildings.

Last method - and probably the most common - is to make the building and the custom foundation that you have made two separate props; you then make a blank smaller building which effectively sits inside the LODs of the two props. That way, this 'blank' building has the default retaining wall and your custom foundation and building props are showing on the outside.

Nice building BTW ;)

cogeo

You can't export the building and foundation "together", a model is either a building (or prop) or a foundation (BAT export options).
A "foundation" is a graphic trick, displaying a foundation-like structure just below the building model, without actually flattening the terrain. Simcity contains a great variety of foundations, so I think you don't really need to make a new one, just use one of the ready-made ones.

To make a BAT the classic way take these steps:
- Make the Occupant Size in the bldg exemplar exactly equal to the building's base, not to the LODshell, eg those stairs should not be included.
- If necessary, move the model a little back-forth or left-riight so that the model's (visual) base coincides exactly with the gray rectangle.
- The model should not span below ground level.
- You can choose the desired foundation, if you want.

Aaron Graham

mattb325 -Thank you!!! ;D

I have looked at this thread and it helps out 100%. Just type in this is the building foundation

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7241.0

Another the you really can do is make your own foundation and make the foundation invisible, just make the the foundation in gmax, 3ds max, ect... just make a small object, and make it really small and put it below the zero line in your tool that you are making buildings in, use you material editor and make the small object. Make the opacity 0%. and thats it, the export of course is really fast. ;D I really happy now. ;D