• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

pimx won't let me edit plop cost or any cost

Started by justinrpg, August 29, 2010, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

YOU GUYS SAID PIMX WAS BETTER THAT PIM!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIM IS WAY BETTER!!! PIMX  WON'T ALLOW ANYTHING TO BE EDITED... WHICH SUCKS BECAUSE THE PRICES IT GAVE ARE VERY DIRT CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowkee33

This post is in the wrong place ...well...  Did you read the readme?

PIMX is about making all of the many properties of a Building Exemplar balanced.

I just made 6 Building Families, 15 Descs, and 9 Lots that all needed the same textures.  There is no other single program that can do that.  Opening up SC4tool and changing the cost of something takes no time compared to the time PIMX just saved me.

I just had a peak at the rest of this board.  Quite a few people have been offering help, but you dont respond so we cant say we know what your problem is.  What are you doing?

threestooges

Justinrpg, I'm not sure what issues you're having with creating your lots, but the process is involved and several tools are available for it. As Lowkee has already pointed out, the PIM-X (and to a similar extent, the Maxis PIM) are designed to create basic information for a model. It's not meant directly to alter that information. If you're looking for something that will allow you to edit the properties of your lot directly, I suggest looking into the Reader by ilive. Having said that however, please watch what you're posting. If you have a question about how the PIM-X or some other tool works that isn't addressed by its readme, ask and you're likely to get a response that might be of use. Remarks like this however probably won't get you what you're looking for.

jmyers2043

QuoteYOU GUYS SAID PIMX WAS BETTER THAT PIM!

It is much better. That's a fact.

QuoteTHAT IS A LIE!

It is not a lie. It is much better and that's the truth

QuotePIMX  WON'T ALLOW ANYTHING TO BE EDITED!

Yep, that's right. Very clever if you ask me.

Well, well, well. You hate the XTool. I can't be much of a help about that.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)