• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Dear SC4Devotion member,

In a continous effort to make the site the most useful and comfortable for all of you, we have added a new updated dependencies list, gently provided by Diggis, which you can find at the bottom of any forums page.

This list will be updated as often as possible.

Interested?  Search for this link:

or this one ( depends on your forum layout)

I hope you find this feature useful. The Dependencies list in the LEX will be updated as soon as  possible  ;)

Again a BIG THANKS to Diggis for this huge effort and for sharing it with us  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

That Dependencies List is looking very nice and it's very helpful! Thanks to Diggis also from me! :thumbsup:

RippleJet

BarbyW

Indeed it is a huge job and I too would like to say thank you.  &apls

I have located some of the missing links:
BLS Farm Prop Pack Vol 01
BSC BAT Props Agart Vol 01
BSC BAT Props BLS Floral Vol 01
BSC BAT Props Don Miguel Vol 1
All above in BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol 01 which is here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=426

BLS Housing Support Files posted here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1035

BSC BAT Props RT Minecorp Vol 01 here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=529

Schiffenberg Large Prop Pack
Schiffenberg Small Prop Pack
Both the above are in BSC MEGA Props KWK Vol01.dat which is here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=626

The various vehicle and train props are gizmo's but I don't have a link to his site at the moment.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

ScottFTL

Wow, this is amazing!   &apls  This is wonderful to see an online version of this list, especially since the links did not work for me in the last downloadable version.  (Don't ask - Vista is weird about things like links to external sites.  It's nice of Microsoft to protect me from myself.   ()sad())

Here is the link to Gizmo's site:

http://gizmo.lunarpages.com/

Thanks, Diggis!  You ROCK!!!

jeronij

Thanks to all ( specially Barby) for the links   :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

Now the list is complete. All the links should be working. if someone does not, please report it here.

Btw, I am glad that you find this list useful  ;)  . It will really save tons of time  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vester

thundercrack83

A comprehensive list of dependencies is fantastic! Thank you jeronij and Diggis!

Diggis

Looks good mate.  I do have one comment, there was a column in the excell file showing if it was part of a MMP, which I found usefull as it allowed users to see if the file they are downloading has been supersceeded, and by what, incase they have it.

And thanks for the extra links.  I think there are some new files up on the BSC LEX that are not in there.  I'll try to get it updated this week.

Tarkus

Diggis, this Dependency List is absolutely awesome.  Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this!  And thanks, Jeroni, for posting it.  This really is a great service to the community!

-Alex (Tarkus)

jeronij

Quote from: Diggis on August 11, 2007, 11:04:41 AM
Looks good mate.  I do have one comment, there was a column in the excell file showing if it was part of a MMP, which I found usefull as it allowed users to see if the file they are downloading has been supersceeded, and by what, incase they have it.

And thanks for the extra links.  I think there are some new files up on the BSC LEX that are not in there.  I'll try to get it updated this week.

I had to remove that column because I thought there were links, and they did not work as links  ::)
Perharps the excel sheet went somehow corrupted, because I could not find any link in the MMP column  ()what()

If you can check this, and send me an updated excel sheet, I can add this information.

Btw, since I had to manually translate the excel sheet to understable HTML, when you update the sheet, I'd need to see quickly the files that have been added / updated, so you should add some sort of advice to the new files. Thanks in advance  ;)

I have also updated the LEX dependencies list with this one.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jplumbley

Awesome work Diggis!!  This will help the community in a BIG way.

Now, I have noticed a thing or two about this list.  There are a bunch of Prop Packs that have been merged into MEGA Prop Packs.  For example, all of the BSC SG, BSC MJB and most of BSC D66 Prop Packs have been merged into their respective MEGA Prop Pack.  Maybe on this master list there should be some notes about these updated MEGA prop packs and what is in them.  Or maybe after the link to an old Prop Pack put a note saying "This Prop Pack is now part of the BSC MEGA SG Prop Pack Vol 1"

Just a thought.

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Diggis

Jeronij, I had a think about that column, the link was to the pack as shown in the list.  If you click it in the Excell file it will take you to the packs name in the Excell file. (try it, best way to understand it) it also had a tool tip for the pack saying which one it was, which answers Jasons comment.

I'm not too up on HTML so not sure how to go about fixing this, but thats what information is in there.

jeronij

Unfortunately, all this information is lost when you save it as html  &mmm ( and I simply cant imagine the time it would take to add it manually  ::)

A solution would be to add a link to a downloadable version of the interactive excel sheet in the dependencies page...  ()what()

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Diggis

Thats not such a bad idea as it allows the casual user to grab a dependency with out having to download the list, but allow users to download the list and mark off what they have downloaded.

Rafonc

I must say its great list. :thumbsup:
I must say its great work, now i can see what i have missing because i still have some brown boxes. :) :thumbsup:

So, all i need to download is in that list?

jeronij

Quote from: Rafonc on August 13, 2007, 02:32:41 AM
So, all i need to download is in that list?

Well, not necessarily  ::) . This is the most extense and comprehensive Dependencies list at the moment, but there is always something new that may be missing  ;) . I'd say it is a very good reference when you are looking for a prop pack, but I'd not say that all you need to download is in that list.... $%Grinno$%  ( it depends on what your needs are)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Diggis

This is really just a list of where the available prop packs and texture packs are.  Given that a building off a lot can be listed as a dependency, it would be impossible to list every "dependency" as potentially every file uploaded is a "dependency"

Rafonc

I was meaning to get off some brown boxes i have for camelots...I am just thinking if all the needed files are there...
Thanks anyway ;)

Diggis

I have not updated the list for the camelots stuff yet, some of it may be there, but some not.  I'll hopefully get an update out this week for Jeronij to upload.