• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW-signs/streetlights for elevated networks

Started by Opkl, April 26, 2020, 02:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opkl

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in batting US style sign packs for the various RHW height levels (L1, L2, L3, L4 for the widths-RHW4,6s,6C,7C,etc...)? I currently use https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28100-ontario-signage-set/ by MandelSoft. This sign pack is GREAT! However, since this file was released some time ago, no elevated signs exist for the RHW networks. Same goes for street lights both on ground and elevated. I really would love to see streetlights for the RHW 6s that overhang. I tried to use LotEditor myself, but could not save transparent bases and overhanging props.

Thanks for any replies.
-Opkl

msb1026

Did anyone ever respond to you on this?  I've been looking for the same thing.

mgb204

The Maxis LE can not save a lot unless each tile has at least a base texture, if you don't want to use the superior PIM-X, you must manually remove them using Reader after saving your lot. Note this is not an operation where trial and error will lead to success, you must understand the LotConfigPropertyLotObject properties in the LotConfig.

Likewise, offset props are fine, provided the prop's footprint (Occupant Size), still remains on the lot. This means in practice you can't overhang a prop by more than half it's overall length or width over the edge of the lot. To offset items further, we need to use tricks such as using Model Tweaker to physically move the model away from it's centre, a permanent change for all props using the affected model. Otherwise you can tweak Props which use an RKT4 exemplar to be offset from their usual position too. Practically speaking in either case, you want to make unique new props when offsetting them like this.