• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commute engine tweaking for NWM

Started by mott, October 13, 2007, 01:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

hmm maybe that belongs in the RAM board???
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Tarkus

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on February 03, 2008, 08:35:36 AM
Joe, I know that. I meant; what will be in the modd itself LOL.

Well, the whole NWM concept was really thrown around a lot more before the NAM went modular--it was originally going to be an umbrella containing the RHW, TLA/Wider Avenues, and Wider One-Way projects.  The RHW, however, has continued to be released as a separate project.  While this is in part due to the fact that the other components have not been developed anywhere close to the point of a public release yet, the RHW is getting to be large enough in filesize that by RHW v22 or v23, it will be pushing 10MB easily.  (My current v21 test file, which is still in a pre-alpha stage, is already at 5MB.) 

So there's a good chance that there won't be an NWM mod, but rather, the TLAs and Wider OWRs as separate, optional NAM components, though we are still quite early in the development on those two projects, and we're not sure yet. 

Hope that answers your question, Steven. :)  Don't worry, the stuff will get released somehow eventually. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

Thanks tarkus, I have patience for this new modd. Like I said in my last post. I was just curious thats all.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)