• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Aircraft

Started by Voltaire, March 09, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Nice work on those new ground textures! They will prove very helpful when making hardstands and cargo areas, I'm certain.

EDIT: And the planes, of course! I love the Boeing house livery on those two planes, and the 747-300 looks great. SAS is a fine addition to the CRJ stable. Happy New Year, AC Team.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

muxcomee

I can't wait...

Can't wait for the EPIC release of those A380 and everything else as well. Which I am sure will be EPIC. Like all your other work.

And I was jus wondering whether you were planning on another surprise attack but with an EmiratesA380, just wondering, not requesting.

Thankyou very much (:

Voltaire

31 January 2012

Requests Volume 5 lineup finalized

Here's some previews:

It's bothered me for years that the Lufthansa, United, and Singapore logos seem to be backlit (instead of floodlit from the outside). The problem is that BAT erases normal-strength nightlights from blue and red surfaces... especially blue! But now I've figured out how to give extra light to just the blue & red parts, and leave the other colors alone.

Both the Singapore previews illustrate the effect with before/after photos. The entire light cone is now visible, just as with lighter color schemes... so when you've got a concourse full of new-edition AC jets, the tails will appear much more consistent and natural from one plane to the next  ;D

Thank you Pat, Joel, and muxcomee!

With only 2 releases in eight months, I can say the A380 project certainly feels epic &mmm  From now on there are no suprises, the A380 will follow the same sequence as real-world deliveries (placing Emirates next up). There's no 747+ pairing for Emirates; TWA will be the first Series 1 aircraft to be upgraded.

Joel, that's exactly what I had in mind for this set of markings but I want to note (for all the lot-makers out there), that last batch is really intended for cargo only. For commercial airline use, a set with marked passenger walkways will be coming with the TWA 747-100. Along with a nifty set of covered stairs  :)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

apeguy

Very nice previews, the Qantas 787 is awesome. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Jack Bauer

All these planes look breathtaking. You have made a good job, especially on the SQ's 747 and A380. I am looking forward to discovering the Emirates A380.

muxcomee

Dream. Come. True.

Gotta love that EmiratesA380.

You. Just. Gotta.

Love. Those. Planes

Teehee  ;D

maxosha

good work guys  :thumbsup:

i wanted to know if you will be able to make a corner jetways for your aircraft... like in this pictures:

most of the international airport have these type of jetway, and will be a pleasure to see them in simcity :)

Voltaire

Fractional-angle gates are an interesting Lot-making problem. Several stages of the Prefabs have them, however it's not feasible to produce modular gates this way.

I'd considered building them for the A380, but ultimately rejected the idea due to a big usability issue. We cannot truly defeat the grid... the lot itself is always going to be straight-sided. As a result it would expand to contain the angled ground markings and service vehicles. When these oversize lots are placed in groups along a concourse, there would be massive and unrealistic gaps between gates.

Thanks Jack_Bauer, apeguy, and muxcomee... and speaking of Emirates, this will be along sometime soon  ;)

joelyboy911

Nice work on those planes, Voltaire! The Emirates 747-8F is especially impressive.

On the topic of diagonal lots, I did once design a modular diagonal system to make corner and diagonal lots:

As you can see, there are various limitations, and a lot of little connector pieces needed to make it all work, but it was doable. However, due to time constraints I decided not to continue with the idea. I can release the texture pack though if anyone's interested.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

muxcomee

Those are really cool lots Joel :P It's alright though, you dont have to release them  ;D

And that Emirates 747 is cool too  :thumbsup:

maxosha

thx you Voltaire & joleyboy for answers :)

I'm interested if not a problem :)

Jack Bauer

I love the Emirates 747. I nocited there is a a new nice jetway car.

As the others if it is not too much work for you, I am really interested in this diagonal projetc joel.

Voltaire

2 March 2012

Requests Volume 5 was Released

Three new dependecy packages are here as well, you'll want them all to make these Lots work:
AC MEGA Props Vol09 has all the aircraft and vehicles from the request packs (so far)
AC MEGA Textures Vol02 has the new roadways and gate lines from the past year or so
AC Essentials contains all the modding files like query boxes and exemplars

The idea with the MEGA packs and Essentials is to eliminate some of the modding overhead, hopefully reducing post-production time.

Thanks Joel, muxcomee, Jack Bauer for the comments - btw that stairs truck is inside Mega Props 9 (as a separate render) and more paint jobs for it will be coming up. Most of the 747 Classics, and all the freighters, will feature that truck.

Enjoy the new planes, everyone ;)

appended to previous post ==================================================

21 May 2012

Requests Volume 6 Released!

This set introduces hard stands with nice covered airstairs for passenger aircraft. These early-model 747's (1970) are the first to feature this setup:

Also in this set are two A380's, from Emirates and Air France:

Along with all these (it's a big set this time):

The size of this set caused it to be in development longer, and Emirates' gold-tone paint rendered poorly (at first) due to the BAT's image compression. I've learned to edit and re-insert images directly into the finished prop to fix this problem. Now that I understand that editing process, I can fix Ace's favorite airline, the only one we ever had to cancel: Braniff's all-orange 747 ;)

SC4_Dude88

WOW!!!!

I LOVE all those planes, especially the A380s

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

keep up the good work Voltaire!!!

&apls &apls &apls

apeguy

Another great (and huge) set of planes Voltaire, I really like the revamped TWA and Pan-Am jets with the air stairs and walkways. :thumbsup: Are there plans to make walkway pieces with these new green textures and dark ramp textures in order to connect these jetways with the terminal? The main reason I'm asking is because the current RMIP walkways don't exactly match with these. Either way this is an excellent set, and I can't wait for the next one. ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

AhmadAzunai

Hello there,,
sorry I'm new here,,and I have a question too
do you ever make this plane? it's a hot news nowadays thanks

Jack Bauer

9 planes released in a row: that's Christmas ;D . I tested the planes in my airport and they look amazing. I am looking forward to seeing new updates.

shinkansen1

I wish to ask something about your aircraft releases: What factors are involved in the release of certain airlines?

One airline that I noticed missing is China Airlines, and I am curious how you guys decide which airlines to include in releases and which ones to leave out.

muxcomee

@shinkansen1 Don't worry, I am sure that China Airlines will be out soon, possibly with the next release, because if you look here (scroll down abit, until you get to the table), you can see that Air China (sorry, I knew it was one or the other) is number two on the agenda.

As for the factors, the aircraft packs that are being currently released are requests, 747+ update and the A380's which are released in the order in which they were released in real life. Its probably too late to make a request, but maybe you can ask Voltaire and see what happens :)

Actually, the SCAG Team have released an A340 of China Airlines, included in This Pack. And I am very, very confident that Tabi has releases some props, which I am confident that someone lotted.

EDIT: And of Course, Voltaire, those planes are super sexy.

Voltaire

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long absence... it's been a rough couple of months. RL appears to be under control for now, so I'll try and finish up the requests quickly.

I'm going to change the sequence of the remaining requests, concentrating on one aircraft type at a time. Looking back over the last year, I think switching between types was a time-consuming distraction. With 8-12 paint templates for each aircraft type (some over 100 layers deep)... it's hard to keep them all straight.

So the next two releases will be broken down based on the paint templates, note this splits the 747 into two groups:

First release (early August):
- Boeing 737
- Boeing 747 -100 and -200
- Boeing 757

Second release (late September)
- Airbus A380
- Boeing 747 -300 and -400
- Boeing 747-8

Replies   ===================

Quote from: muxcomee on May 26, 2012, 09:37:56 PM
EDIT: And of Course, Voltaire, those planes are super sexy.

Wait until you see the Virgin Atlantic remake -- the 2006 version with plenty of pearlescent crimson paint  :satisfied:

Thanks muxcomee!

apeguy, I wasn't planning to extend the green walkways to the terminal -- the intent was that someone walking toward the airplane would see the change from white stripes to green, and know that they're entering an active aircraft gate.

AhmadAzunai, I don't have a model of the Superjet... I do like the looks of it, but many things are taking my time so I probably won't do that one.

shinkansen1, from 2007 to 2010 the airlines were picked by the developers; and since January 2011 I've been doing them as listed here. China Airlines is a 747-400 so it's scheduled for the September release package.

737 and 757 Requesters, please watch your Personal Message inbox, starting next week I'll be sending a list of lotting options.

All Requesters please note that asking for your model *un-lotted* cuts its development time by 30% ;)