• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Wider one-way roads (5 lanes wide)

Started by mikeseith, April 23, 2007, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surdanis

been away from sc4 for a while, and i noticed this thread. wow, this is amazing as i was just thinking not too long ago about how miserable the game is without this. i was thinking how there are multi-lane one-ways in New York City like the famous 5th Avenue, and how you couldn't really make those in the game. would like to see this more than the TLA.  ;)
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

videosean

Quote from: mikeseith on September 02, 2007, 09:49:32 AM
These are for the 5lane 1way X 5lane 1way intersection.  I had a little trouble with this one.  Hope you like it.
I think it's too waffle iron looking... my attempt at something with hopefully logical variety in the oil slick/tire marking pattern of the intersection:

I can't decide if the center light grey squares should go much darker or not.  Trying to think about how inner lanes' "clean" squares might be darker due to cars turning and crossing over the otherwise light grey squares towards the corners... make sense?  I have the psd file for it if it's useful just PM me.  If not, that's cool... I at least gave my 2 cents :)

The avenue intersections are one dark color to my eye in the game.  Not sure if NAM modded those or not but make a 6 or 8 way avenue intersection and you'll see what I mean.  I think I would almost prefer a very dark intersection with very little signs of lighter/clean pavement/asphalt.

Reference:
S 15th Ave & W Jefferson St, Pheonix, AZ on Google Maps
I'm not sure I did all that well when it comes to a realistic look lol

Sean, I edited your link to be more legible.
Cheers, Tage

redraider147

you're right about the waffle look...one thing that might help is adding texture markings for the turns...the way the used parts of the road look is great, but if you added a curve it might help...like a left turn from a one way to the other one way...the curves would be in opposite corners...not all 4...just a suggestion tho...

JoeST

I duno, but maybe this topic should be merged with the stickied one or locked with a link to the stickied one:

as they are all now part of the same thing...

Joe

That it is.  Follow Joe's link for further info on the Wider One-Way Roads, as part of the NWM (Network Widening Mod) Project.  -Alex
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms