• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GUIDE to Registration on the LEX problems CHECK here first!!!

Started by Pat, January 31, 2009, 01:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

A trouble Shooting Guide to the LEX a tutorial by Pat

Hey all are you a first time visitor here to SC4Devotions???  If so this is the perfect spot for you to read before posting about the evil monkey lol... I know that the monkey can be a terrible thing when trying to get on the exchange but trust me when we are done here we can avoid him all together  ;D

First thing first is that you need to register separately on the LEX page here <--- Link to actual registration Page

Then when you are registering for the LEX it is best advised that you use the same name and password that you have used when you register here on the Forums...

Also Make sure you use a valid email address to when registering for the LEX otherwise you wont get the activation email that is needed....  So why is it suggested that you use the same username and password as the forums? So it would be simpler on you to remember your password in case the cookies got reset on your computer...

Usually once logged on the LEX after getting the activation email you will be always logged on the LEX so there will be no need to re-log on every time to the LEX...

So now armed with this information I hope this will help you all to avoid this evil monkey!!!

Thanks so much for reading and if you still have any problems feel free to post here!!!

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Thank you, Pat, for posting this. One thing to remember is that you must use exactly the same username and password that you use to register as the LEX is case sensitive so AbCdE is not the same as abcde or ABCDE.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

blade2k5

Quote from: Pat on January 31, 2009, 01:43:24 PMUsually once logged on the LEX after getting the activation email you will be always logged on the LEX so there will be no need to re-log on every time to the LEX...

Wish that was true for me as I have to re-log in every time I visit the LEX.  Until I saw this post, I thought that was the norm.  So why is that?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

tahill79

Quote from: blade2k5 on January 31, 2009, 04:49:57 PM
Wish that was true for me as I have to re-log in every time I visit the LEX.  Until I saw this post, I thought that was the norm.  So why is that?
i always have to enter my password.  i visit the LEX every day and it gets old.  cant you put a "remember me" check box on the page?  and having to click login after we click the LEX icon at the top is kinda dumb.  dosent that eat up bandwidth? 

Pat

Troy and Tahill do you both have this LEX page after logging in saved in your bookmarks?

I wonder if that might be the key to having the saved log in? That is what I do across all three browsers I use IE, FF, & Opera and I just click on that saved bookmark and it has me logged in as I do with the forums...

@ Barby it was great to set up this little tutorial as I saw nothing like it was around yet...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

callagrafx

The LEX requires you to go through the log in screen every time you visit, but if you use Firefox and remember the password, you can access the main page directly (if you bookmark the URL) without having to log in.  Also, if you have saved the password with FF, then on the login screen it should automatically enter the password for you....if it doesn't, click on the username box and select your username, and the password field will complete  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

saintsfan

I am new to the forum and as other are finding (reading through other topics) I am experiencing a few issues with BSC file exchange. I have registered with it and setup the username and password as per the recommendations on the forum that your team have kindly put up as a sticky but have still not received an activation for files exchange for  3 days. I have tried to log in using my user and password but again all I get is the monkey. Please can you let me know what to do in this instance and arrange the issue of an activation login for this part of the site as soon as possible. . You have since sent a reply to the email I sent you and I have followed your instructions to use this forum area.

Many thanks for your help on this matter.

FYI
Activation ref: 2443eb9faa
Username: saintsfan

BarbyW

saintsfan: I have activated your account so you should now be able to access the LEX. Enjoy. (and I hope you mean St Helens  ;D )

saintsfan

many thanks for that. Unfortunately not St Helens as I am sure they are doing better than my beloved Southampton FC right now. thanks again

Gingerbread

I have a problem, I entered a valid email address, but didn't receive the activation email, nor was it filtered as spam, cause I checked.
I play on a Mac &sly

Pat

Hey Gingerbread you did register separately for the LEX right and also used the same screen name, password, and also same email that you used to register on the forums???

Gingerbread

Quote from: Pat on April 19, 2009, 11:02:24 PM
Hey Gingerbread you did register separately for the LEX right and also used the same screen name, password, and also same email that you used to register on the forums???

I did indeed use the same email address, the username and password I am unsure of, it was a few weeks back.
I play on a Mac &sly

Pat

hmmm, I wish I could help you further there Gingerbread but dont worry Barby or Lee will be along some time sooner or later to check to see about your registration on the LEX...

BarbyW

Your account is activated now, Gingerbread, welcome and enjoy the LEX.

Gingerbread

I play on a Mac &sly

ogtone

Im having problems aswell.  registered. gives me the evil monkey screen please help

BarbyW

ogtone: I cannot find that username on the LEX. Have you registered with a different username there?

Greygor

My problem is no activation e-mail.

Got the one for this site fine, as you can see  :)

BarbyW

I cannot find your name in the username list, Greygor . Have you actually registered separately on the LEX?

Greygor

Quote from: BarbyW on May 23, 2009, 02:54:38 PM
I cannot find your name in the username list, Greygor . Have you actually registered separately on the LEX?

Yes,in fact when I tried to Register (in cas I had forgot) I get an error when I reuse the details