• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Thank you guys, I'm so happy you like them. :D

Worthington Apartments

Here's some in game images of the Worthingtin Apartments. I will have to  do the maxis and dark nite exports soon, I hope you ready for the modding T Wrecks. :D

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

Excellent job as always, you just have a problem with the big cornice. Don't know if it's the color or the saturation  &Thk/( 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

What???  ()what() The texturing is not right on the cornice?
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

I am not confident with it, but it could be me  ;D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

jmyers2043

Hi Aaron. Oxidized copper can be all sorts of colors. This picture I found would be too colorful. But any hue should do as long as it fits the somewhat dull or muted SimCity color palette

Good Luck with the modding - Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

jmyers2043- Thank you for that I will play with them textures when I have another building that will have a cornice. :D

NYBT Walesbridge

Back to one of my old projects, I have added the textures on the first model, that's the corner version, the other one is an non-corner version. I am thinking about doing a variation on this building to the more the better for the city builder to not have repeats.

South

East

North

West

gn_leugim

a needed building size for sure, and it looks great  :thumbsup:

art128

Oooh, going small again. :) Lovely building.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Quote from: marcszar on October 14, 2012, 10:14:49 AM
Don't mean to derail the thread by veering into a discussion on architecture, but it's interesting how Europe adopted the "doughnut" midrise block (i.e. a courtyard in the middle) while the US/NYC adopted the airshaft block instead. You can see the difference when you grow the two styles next to each other in the game, and even IRL the atmosphere in the two kinds of blocks is different. Personally I find it a shame that NYC encouraged airshafts rather than courtyards, because the airshafts, while necessary, still end up being rather useless, gloomy spaces on the ground whereas the Berlin Mietskaserne, Polish Kamienice, and Parisian Haussmann block courtyards are much more useful, airy, and welcoming.

Ya, i've noticed that too before (although I had no names for them ^^) but you have a point indeed ;)

RickD

Looks great already. Are you planning on making some new commercial buidlings with small shops on the first floor?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

FrankU

Quote from: marcszar on October 14, 2012, 10:14:49 AM
Don't mean to derail the thread by veering into a discussion on architecture, but it's interesting how Europe adopted the "doughnut" midrise block (i.e. a courtyard in the middle) while the US/NYC adopted the airshaft block instead. You can see the difference when you grow the two styles next to each other in the game, and even IRL the atmosphere in the two kinds of blocks is different. Personally I find it a shame that NYC encouraged airshafts rather than courtyards, because the airshafts, while necessary, still end up being rather useless, gloomy spaces on the ground whereas the Berlin Mietskaserne, Polish Kamienice, and Parisian Haussmann block courtyards are much more useful, airy, and welcoming.

Yes, that is an interesting fact.
I know that in Berlin the size of the courtyard was defined by the minimum size a fire truck (in those days, the 1870ies more or less) needed to enter, turn and leave the courtyard.
The size was about 23,5 m2. Not really something I'd call welcoming though...

mike3775

Great job Aaron. 

As far as courtyards goes, some cities have both types, and I never cared for either type myself.  Usually the ones I lived in that had them, the center ones were all concrete with strips of grass in them and they felt confining, and when the sun was rising or setting, they were just as dark and foreboding as the other type.

I've always like complexes that have multiple buildings surrounding a wide open space myself

mike3775

You are correct, I have seen courtyards that would look great on a busy street as just a place to sit.

I think the main reason they have gone out of style for the most part, is because that style of building has long fallen out of favor with major cities because many of them turned into crime dens and the fact that many think those types of buildings are "ghetto" or "section 8"

Aaron Graham

&slygn_leugim- Thank you!!!:D

art128- I can not forget about this style of buildings soI have to keep making these to. :D

marcszar- Thank you, you are right, new york city the airshaft are not usfull just an area that has trash and some are also some help because some do have fire escapes so you know they have to have a door to lead to the first floor, som do not and I think those and the smaller row building and or older building too.

RickD- I have also have that in mind, let's just hope I can make some fast. :D

mike3775- Thank you, I do understand what you mean, I hope the door in the air shaft does not bother you. :D

NYBT Walesbridge

Here's a small update in the Walesbridge, all I have to do work on the ac units a bit more then get to the second building and do both night lites and variation for both version, I wonder was color Franis90b will promote them in ST. :)

NYBT Hattan House

On the Hattan House I have added a few things like the chairs on the back of the building bushes, roof junk and some other details. Next i need to texture the car garage entrance the doors and roof and then add some night lights.  I hope I can get this finished before the month is over with. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worthington Apartments, by Aaron Graham

Credits

Francis90b- Brick Texture Tweeker
T Wrecks- Prop/Building Family Modder
Anton- Growth Tester
Sgt Pepper- Growth Tester & Installer Tester

Here's the Worthington Apartments, this building is the ultimate replacement for the old Worthington Apartments. These apartments are Wall to Wall (W2W) buildings. This is apartment building set is Chicago and New York City style. The building uses the same floor plan as 888 Park Avenue, There are four bat models, Two of the four buildings are mirrored/ flipped in the opposite direction so you can fill the opposite side of the block with no worries. Each Worthington Apartments models has a different brick color on it's front size. Each model has two wealth types R$$ and R$$$. Worthington Apartments is a lovely and quiet stay in these apartments. The original bat was upload at STEX on April 2, 2010 at 12:28 AM, with 6726 views and 5180 downloads. Enjoy the upload!!

Please Download Maxis Nite or Dark nite, if you download both please install the nite verion you use for your cities at night. If you install both and using the default path settings that's appled in the installer the installed model file will replace the model file that's in the plugins folder.

Removing outdated Files: Please remove the old release of the Worthingtion Apartments, the files will not  harm the game or the new files, sense the old version of Worthington is deleted from STEX it's best to remove them in case there's no way to get the old version again. Once you have deleted them out of the plugins folder do not forget about bulldozing them in the game, Thank you.

Files Names:

• Worthington Apartments-0x5ad0e817_0x37727129_0x1220000.SC4Model
  • Worthington Apartments-0x6534284a-0x37727129-0x184911c9.SC4Desc
  • R$$7_3x2_Worthington Apartments_9853d7b1.SC4Lot
  • R$$7_2x3_Worthington Apartments_1852077c.SC4Lot

Dependencies

SimFox Day n Nite Modd (For Dark Nite Version only)

MAC Users: File Juicer should enable you to use this installer package.  (For Mac Users only)

If anything is wrong with the links in this description or problems with the files please go to my Aaron Graham's BATs thread to the last page and post your problem, or you can PM (Private Message) Me. :D

Coming Soon!!!!

Click Here for info

jmyers2043

Quote from: Aaron Graham on October 18, 2012, 06:59:52 AM
..... On the Hattan House ...

Some nice detail work around the water tank. I like the metal screen and the I-beams giving support to the block walls.  :thumbsup:

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

jmyers2043- Thank you!! :D

The Worthington Apartments is uploaded

http://community.sim...ton-apartments/

The Old Worthington Apartments is Delete Off STEX

RIP you will not be forgotting. :cry: :cry:

NYBT 915 West End Avenue

Here's a new bat it's a of Franis90b request, I have to do something for him, because he's doing something for me. Here's the link to the new building. :D

https://maps.google....62.88,,0,-32.79

NYBT Hattan House

Here's a small update, I have to do some more texture like the white rectangles, those are the doors and darken the edge of the roof texture and the building will be ready for night lights. Do you guys like the chairs of make some new ones for this building?

cmdp123789

Awesome! I really like it... and about the chairs... I think they look good the way they are... and worthington... oh god! thats spectacular! keep it up bud!

gn_leugim

mehhh.. dont like it...

I love them :D  :thumbsup:

Girafe

Thanks for feeding our MDs  ;)
The Floraler